Dragan Mladenovic

bluenizzy

After Rangers:

Dragan Mladenovic signed for Rangers in a £1.1m deal from Red Star Belgrade in 2004. He arrived with a lot of hype but never lived up to it and departed permanently a year later on a free transfer.

Dragan Mladenovic

Rangers (9 apps)
- 04/05 Premier League
Real Sociedad - Loan (12 apps)
Red Star Belgrade (17 apps/3 goals)
- 05/06 Superliga
- 05/06 Serbian Cup
Incheon United (55 apps/5 goals)
Serbia (17 caps/1 goal)

Mladenovic retired from playing in 2009. He is currently a director of Red Star Belgrade’s academy.

random story but while here his wife was preggers, she couldnt attend her ante natal class as the skinflint wouldnt pay for a taxi while he was away playing for us in europe.

After Rangers:

Dragan Mladenovic signed for Rangers in a £1.1m deal from Red Star Belgrade in 2004. He arrived with a lot of hype but never lived up to it and departed permanently a year later on a free transfer.

Dragan Mladenovic

Rangers (9 apps)
- 04/05 Premier League
Real Sociedad - Loan (12 apps)
Red Star Belgrade (17 apps/3 goals)
- 05/06 Superliga
- 05/06 Serbian Cup
Incheon United (55 apps/5 goals)
Serbia (17 caps/1 goal)

Mladenovic retired from playing in 2009. He is currently a director of Red Star Belgrade’s academy.
Should have stuck to basketball!

He was barkin'.

Never a footballer in his puff (get it?!).

Can't remember who or where (I'm certainly not taking credit for it) but I remember reading years ago (probably on here) someone call him Powder Puff the Missing Dragan. It made me chuckle.

The thought of him still makes me shudder. Took a while to get fit then his debut featuring the programme heading 'Enter the dragan' he didnt leave the centre circle and just looked utter garbage.....things didnt improve.

Signed based on a performances v Wales I think it was.
Correct and after he bombed at Ibrox McLeish was trying his best to flog him to Blackburn to Mark Hughes/Bowen who were presumably Welsh Manager/asst at the time of this fabled match

Been watching Rangers since the late 1940’s. Know that the memory of an old bloke like me can be unreliable but I can’t recall seeing anyone wearing the Rangers jersey who was as bad as Mladenovic.

The first thing he did was brilliant, he flicked it over about four players and found his man.

Then did nothing else.

Been watching Rangers since the late 1940’s. Know that the memory of an old bloke like me can be unreliable but I can’t recall seeing anyone wearing the Rangers jersey who was as bad as Mladenovic.

Mervan. I remember watching him against Kilmarnock in the first game after admin had happened and not believing my eyes that this imposter was wearing our jersey.

Can you name some of the others mate ?

We won the league cup and reclaimed the league title from one of septics strongest ever teams this season.

Capucho, Wmerson, Vanoli and Ostenstad were the year before and Jeffers was the year after.

We had a bizarre streak in the mid 00s of signing players who came with a big reputation then not only were pish for us, but left and did nothing else in their careers.

Reactions: VGM
I don’t know how people could swallow the Serbian Zidane shite. Did Zidane play in Serbia at 28 years of age?

Capucho, Wmerson, Vanoli and Ostenstad were the year before and Jeffers was the year after.
When I first joined this forum I had a daily battle defending big eck , probably the season before we signed dragan, now all the Rangers podcasts are agreed about the job big eck done .

Some of his signings didn’t work , not so much this season, some of them did . Not his fault we were downsizing .

I’m sure he’d have preferred numan to vanoli or Bernard, or canigga to ostenstad, or Neil McCann to capucho.

Reactions: GF1
Eck done
When I first joined this forum I had a daily battle defending big eck , probably the season before we signed dragan, now all the Rangers podcasts are agreed about the job big eck done .

Some of his signings didn’t work , not so much this season, some of them did . Not his fault we were downsizing .

I’m sure he’d have preferred numan to vanoli or Bernard, or canigga to ostenstad, or Neil McCann to capucho.

He done a great job overall I agree

Sometimes it can be an ill wind , perhaps Alex Rae was gonna cover Ricksen & dragan, but it turned out his form was kept at a high level .

Like when we equalled the British transfer record on Duncan Ferguson, we got our £4 million players alright ,it just so happened to be someone else .

Signing a foreign player with no prior experience of Scottish football is always going to be something of a gamble. In the case of Mladenovic it was a gamble that failed. The failure serves to emphasize the importance of performing due and proper dilligence when scouting potential new signings.

It has to be said, but Rangers' record in this regard isn't the best. It's the one thing I'd look to completely overhaul if I were in charge at Ibrox.

He actually looked half decent in pre season. Whole team did and then pre season ended and so did all form from everyone!

I still don’t get why we as a team have always seemed incapable of shifting on players and only seem able to by paying up their full contract.

Back