Drew Busby

I remember him well.

He was a no nonsense centre forward who was as hard as nails & had a rocket of a shot.

He had a habit of scoring against us though and I always hoped I would see him in a Rangers jersey, one day.

Oh and that "TASH".

RIP The Buzz bomb.

Was that where the garage is now?
The red row pub was right beside the garage. It got turned into the houses that are there now. I used to play for Craigandro and we had presentation nights in there. I remember they used to do the coiting out the back which was a game throwing a lump of metal into a clay pit target thing. Tom Swan helped ruin my teeth haha.

Think he had a pub in Renton at one time.
Correct, as mentioned previously he took no pish from anyone. Anyone that could handle the locals deserves respect.

Drew played for the Vale juniors before he turned professional and I always remember him as a hard but fair type of player, nobody messed with him.

RIP Drew.

The red row pub was right beside the garage. It got turned into the houses that are there now. I used to play for Craigandro and we had presentation nights in there. I remember they used to do the coiting out the back which was a game throwing a lump of metal into a clay pit target thing. Tom Swan helped ruin my teeth haha.
Tam “Sweetie shop” Swan?

Very sad. Knew Drew as I palled about with his younger step brother Davy when we were younger. Hard as nails but fair with it. He would have loved to have pulled on our shirt. RIP Drew

My Airdrieonian grandfather loved the two drews, and I saw him play in that era.

I thought I remembered him being in Scotland squads, but I just looked it up, and apparently not - he certainly wasn’t capped. Great goalscorer, though.

RIP Drew Busby.

He was my neighbour for several years and I grew up playing in the street with his kids. A lovely family and a lovely man. Sorry to hear this sad news.

Back