Drew's a Blue

Crash Bandicoot

WRESTLING superstar Drew McIntyre has lifted the lid on how he ended up supporting Rangers over Celtic.

The grappler became the first Scotsman to win the NXT title before joining forces with Dolph Ziggler on Raw earlier this year.

And after an impressive 15 year career in WWE, the Ayr-born performer has opened up on how he first fell in love with Rangers.

He told BBC Sport: “My family supports Rangers and Celtic and, when you are a baby, they leave out the two tops and you crawl towards one of them.

“I believe I crawled to the Rangers top when I was a kid.”

McIntyre – dubbed the “Scottish Psychopath” – has been impressed with the impact Steven Gerrard has made at Ibrox.

And the 33-year-old reckons it’s only a matter of time before the Liverpool legend creates a title-winning team.

He said: “Gerrard played with his heart, which is something we were missing.

“He is drilling it into his team and we are on the rise.

“In the next couple of seasons I think we are going to be right back in it, competing with Celtic.

“It would be sweet to win something this season but I am being realistic – and it is amazing that we are back where we are right now.”

“My family supports Rangers and Celtic and, when you are a baby, they leave out the two tops and you crawl towards one of them.

“I believe I crawled to the Rangers top when I was a kid.”
I've no intention of arguing with the big man here, but I've never heard of this tradition. In any case, thankfully my family are so staunch that there was no chance of a bheasts' rag being allowed in the house either when I was a baby or in the present day.

Last edited:
Never heard of that tradition, Christ, my uncle didn’t let us in the house if we had any green on as young lads. My Mum thought he was joking at first too, we were out the back all day :D. She learnt quickly.

I've no intention of arguing with the big man here, but I've never heard of this tradition. In any case, thankfully my family are so staunch that there was no chance of a bheasts' rag being allowed in the house either when I was a baby or in the present day.
I wouldn’t argue with him either :p but he is saying it was a tradition in HIS family (child cruelty if you ask me).

Drew is at it with the explanation. He's being diplomatic to the media

I met him in the central station a few years back when we were heading to Raw in Manchester, a very good bear.
Always nails his colours to the mast.

Jack Jester didn’t think he was into football since he’s into his bondage stuff dunno about that one sir

Nah big Lee is a bluenose. The jester character is just that. Really nice big fella. My wee boy loves wrestling and we started taking him to the BCW bouts years ago and all the Scots lads (in fact all the BCW guys). Are brand new. Plenty of time for the kids etc

Back