Drinks break

Hate it, you never know when game is going to finish, the amount of games with a goal after 90 minutes has increased dramatically since the restart.
Coupon busters everywhere. Well for me anyway.

I imagine it’ll be around next season as well unless covid somehow disappears in a month.

It was brought only because the matches are getting played in British Summer time when the weather is hotter ( early games were getting played in high 70s and 80s) a load of rubbish Imo it’s not needed other hotter countries manage fine. I am surprised UEFA allowed it tbh

The lesser known player dives behind the goals had a quick swig then back to your place even if the game had restarted .

Reeks more of pandering to The Pussy Modern Mindset by needing a timeout after a set period out with the norm also Surprised Sly Sports haven't exploited this down time but being BBC your stuck with Shearer.

The lesser known player dives behind the goals had a quick swig then back to your place even if the game had restarted .

Reeks more of pandering to The Pussy Modern Mindset by needing a timeout after a set period out with the norm also Surprised Sly Sports haven't exploited this down time but being BBC your stuck with Shearer.
They all thought it was a great idea on Sunday Supplement this morning :rolleyes:

In the current circumstances and during the summer it's a sensible thing. Obviously it will be a pointless exercise in the winter but no doubt a similar "break" will be shoehorned in somehow in years to come.

Would be surprised if IFAB weren't discussing this to be honest.

That said, the Italian games don't seem to be stopping anymore from what I've seen.

Who said Im in scotland? Also its not hot in England today.
Ok, I’ll spell it out further.
The drinks breaks are connected to the 5 subs. Players arent at peak fitness so need more breaks.
Promise me you won’t lick that shotgun clean?

Ok, I’ll spell it out further.
The drinks breaks are connected to the 5 subs. Players arent at peak fitness so need more breaks.
Promise me you won’t lick that shotgun clean?

So why dont they do it at the start of the season genius? Players haven't just been sitting on there arse all summer.

5 subs are fine.

I think that it will carry on 8nto next season and then,... and then, ... it will become permanent.

Two extra advertisement slots for tv. That’ll be worth a few bob

Thankfully I've stopped watching the EPL etc. It's a pile of horse shit.

It was brought only because the matches are getting played in British Summer time when the weather is hotter ( early games were getting played in high 70s and 80s) a load of rubbish Imo it’s not needed other hotter countries manage fine. I am surprised UEFA allowed it tbh

They've also been doing it in La Liga and previously in the Bundesliga during British summer time.

This is about covid.
By drinking if any player has covid which is undetected despite testing this is about moving saliva to the stomach where any contagious droplets die.
Its been said from the start that if you are in close proximity to people then this is something else to help prevent.

The homophobic comments on this thread are embarrassing. Shame on you!

It's due to each player having to use their own personal drinks bottle. With covid, they aren't allow to share bottles.
This is it. They can’t grab a bottle behind the goals anymore due to Covid, each player has their own bottle and towel etc in a little bag

It doesn't bother me, but wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the normal and another couple of ad breaks are fitted in.

They don't get a drinks break in the MLS. In Houston, the temperature on the field can be in excess of 40 degrees during the day, plus 90% humidity. I'd hope MLS doesn't get Premier Leagued. ;)

Yes they do.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/competition-rules-and-regulations

COOLING AND DRINK BREAKS:MLS mandates the use of cooling breaks if the WetBulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) measures 82 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Additionally, the referee can, at any time, implement a discretionary drink break during cases in which player safety is determined to be at risk.

Yes they do.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/competition-rules-and-regulations

COOLING AND DRINK BREAKS:MLS mandates the use of cooling breaks if the WetBulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) measures 82 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Additionally, the referee can, at any time, implement a discretionary drink break during cases in which player safety is determined to be at risk.
That's new for this Covid season. The pussification of the MLS in trying to be more like Premier League.

Back