Drinks break

That's new for this Covid season. The pussification of the MLS in trying to be more like Premier League.

To be fair, the first ever water break I seen in football was at the world cup in 94. That and the wee golf carts picking up injured players blew my mind at the time :))

This is about covid.
By drinking if any player has covid which is undetected despite testing this is about moving saliva to the stomach where any contagious droplets die.
Its been said from the start that if you are in close proximity to people then this is something else to help prevent.

The homophobic comments on this thread are embarrassing. Shame on you!
That’s what I thought it was about,

Actually think it’s been a decent addition
Plenty of games have been turned around after tactical tweaks during the breaks

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s kept next season

Professional athletes have a necessity to stay hydrated with raised levels of vital minerals and nutrients. It should have been an integral part of the game, long before now.

Football isn’t normally played at the height of summer and during a pandemic.

Would really need to be thick to not understand why it’s happening.

The height of summer in the UK is low 20s/high teens usually barring a few hot days.

It's nothing more than a convenient excuse to normalise the idea before introducing it permanently for more ad revenue.

It’s absolutely necessary.

That being said I hope when we get back to some sort of normality they don’t think about keeping it. We definitely don’t need to Americanise our sport, before you know it we’d be playing games in quarters.

Seems logical to me, no real pre-season, straight into competitive games, not usually high pace in July so warmer than body conditioned to, time to get a drink with your own bottle and not crowd around a basket to find it

Sorry if I'm not outraged guys, have you perhaps heard of this Coronavirus thing thats going round?

I have no problem with this water break as long as it’s timed and the minutes added at the end.
Players need hydrated even on colder days and can give the manager a minute or two to make any tactical changes needed with all the players there.

It might not be the greatest spectacle but anyone annoyed by it should consider what happened up here first. The English FA have worked with players to make a playing return quicker and more manageable. The Scottish counterparts have cheated, lied and bribed their way to scrapping all football in favour of one club. I know which situation I'd rather have

Back