Drita forfeit tie due to positive coronavirus tests

Whats the background to drita forefitting? I know it was covid related but whats the full story?

They will be pitting their shants at this news and its lovely

Whats the background to drita forefitting? I know it was covid related but whats the full story?

Two players tested positive. No suggestion of wrongdoing but there’s a really high infection rate in Kosovo.

And it’s a one leg tie with next round next week so no time to delay.

One player tested positive a few days ago. A. Second tested positive hours before kick off and UEFA pulled the plug

Celtic will 100% be allowed to play via the back door and we’ll get some verbal gymnastics about how the European game is different - I cant imagine UEFA will be keen to make the decision but they’ve set a precedent tonight with Linfield.

although no positive tests if they cannot play their league fixtures it’s unconscionable that a euro game can be played. I hope the Icelandic team kick up a fuss and put the SNP and UEFA in a spot where they have to admit keeping Celtic happy takes priority over health and safety because that’s all it would be. Government’s credibility would be shot.

Doesn’t sit right with me that they can’t honour games in their motherland but can against foreigners

The Scottish Executive have made no statement on why Celtic matches are postponed.

Nobody has Covid at Celtic.

Do they ?

Nobody quarantined ?

So why the postponements ?

So why the non announcement of their start and end dates for being banned from playing ?

Is it because that is the exact reason why Drita have forfeited. The swiss government wont allow them to play.

Talking about the Catholic vote is lazy pish. The reason that celtic and the snp fit together is they both have a hatred of Britain and Britishness.
I think the ,as you say up there 'ned ' Catholic vote or the cultural catholic vote will vote SNP just because they have been brought up to hate the UK.
Imagine hating England more than you love your own country Scotland?
Then imagine the country who You are 'fighting' for independence for .isn't actually the country that you claim to be your homeland? Your 'homeland' is in fact a country any relatives of yours left years ago because it was crap, didnt produce enough spuds and generally couldn't find enough work to sustain them.
What a crazy mixed up bunch eh?

The Scottish Executive have made no statement on why Celtic matches are postponed.

Nobody has Covid at Celtic.

Do they ?

Nobody quarantined ?

So why the postponements ?

So why the non announcement of their start and end dates for being banned from playing ?

Is it because that is the exact reason why Drita have forfeited. The swiss government wont allow them to play.

Why exactly didn’t Nippy specifically impose or dictate the punishment? Why let the SPFL/Liewell decide how to handle it and what to apply it to?

The SNP will bend over backwards to allow them to play in Europe. They are relying on the catholic vote.
Looks like UEFA are being strong on this one so may not be the usual walk over for them.

As for helping with the cover ups then that's another story. If UEFA don't have the info then they can't act.

Sturgeon said on Tuesday ‘As a minimum, you should not be expecting Aberdeen or Celtic to play over the course of the coming week and we'll set out conclusions beyond that.’ What’s the reason given for them being allowed to play? Surely they can’t be saying the week was up to the time she said it, not the end of the day like it would be for anything else.

I think the argument/debate comes from the fact that nobody has tested positive.

Bolongoli should be self-isolating for two weeks (which ironically should have been up around kick off time of their CL qualifier if you believe the timeline), but none of the other players have broken quarantine rules.

If someone in your work came back from Spain, then came in to work and sat beside you for the next 5 days, before telling you he'd been to Spain. How long would you need to self isolate for (if at all)?

Why would they be chasing less than 12% of the population
Some reply in post ten, eh?
I get it’s the wrong phrase the poster used but there cannot be any doubt, in anybody’s mind that the SNP have a damn sight more septic supporters than Rangers supporters at every level of their organisation.

I think the ,as you say up there 'ned ' Catholic vote or the cultural catholic vote will vote SNP just because they have been brought up to hate the UK.
Imagine hating England more than you love your own country Scotland?
Then imagine the country who You are 'fighting' for independence for .isn't actually the country that you claim to be your homeland? Your 'homeland' is in fact a country any relatives of yours left years ago because it was crap, didnt produce enough spuds and generally couldn't find enough work to sustain them.
What a crazy mixed up bunch eh?
My brother-in-law who is a band member for the mentally challengeds was born in England claims to be Scottish and wishes he was Irish and I never tire of telling him so.

To be fair his mother moved back to Scotland when he was two months old but he'll always be English to me or at least while it annoys him when I point it out!

Reactions: jtc
Sounds like pressure on fixture lists is a major factor.

Player tests +ve despite Club and players following all the relevant procedures and protocols? Out on your a*se!

Player blatantly ignores government guidance and legislation, and football governing bodies protocols but tests -ve? Carry on regardless!

Cheers - that makes more sense now. So potentially UEFA's hands were tied as the Swiss Government refused entry to the Kosovan team.
Drita were already in Switzerland as they played last Saturday in Nyon winning their preliminary semi-final game

Who at Celtic has tested positive?

Nobody - but the team have in effect been put into isolation because a member of the squad broke quarantine rules and then mixed with the others.

The question is what are the quarantine rules for those Bolongoli came into contact with - as if it's more than 7 days then Celtic can't play this Tuesday.

The important thing here is that the Scottish Executive have said nothing regarding the prescribed time that Celtic are not permitted to play for.

Has anybody in the media thought to ask them for a full breakdown ?

My brother-in-law who is a band member for the mentally challengeds was born in England claims to be Scottish and wishes he was Irish and I never tire of telling him so.

To be fair his mother moved back to Scotland when he was two months old but he'll always be English to me or at least while it annoys him when I point it out!
Brilliant,Seriously if you sat in front of a doctor and said 'I was born in England but Im Scottish and wish i was Irish because of some long dead relatives and the buz I get pretending im edgy cos I say I support the RA' he would have you nutted off in no time
Imagine pining for a place that you can just' migrate ' to any time you want .Brexit or No Brexit .Im actually in favour of a bit of repatriation myself.Id be willing to pay any plastic paddy a few quid to leave.Conditions are they have their passport ripped up/get a Oirish one and cannot enter the UK barring holidays .No moving to the North .Dublin and the rest of the republic only.
They can then look for bars to sing their cacky songs in .Funnily enough a lot in the Republic would tell them to take their brain dead pish elsewhere
Anyway it don't matter whether your B.I.L thinks He is Scottish or English.The good news my friend is He is BRITISH till He dies.Voted for by true Scots men and women in the most rigged poll ever and the natives still told Nippy to sling it.the irony is really he should not have voted cos he,s English :))

The important thing here is that the Scottish Executive have said nothing regarding the prescribed time that Celtic are not permitted to play for.

mate the MSM wont ask .They have no interest in burying Covid FC. Why would they?Its a club build on a perceived in justice(in their eyes ) which in todays revisionist society means they can forget about the RA and talk about how Mrs O,semtex got overcharged once by mistake for a bottle of milk on the lower Shankill.Celtic give the MSM a story a day .the fact those stories are full of crap is of no relevance to the MSM.It fills papers and makes internet clickbait.
They aint going to kill the Goose who lays the golden egg mate.
Think about when BLM came out all 'Free Palastine' .The next logical question should have been ….where do BLM stand on the Irish situation?The question never got asked because the answer could have killed any support BLM had within the more'average' British household.
The truth coming out would smash their image to bits.IMO celtic should be banned from next weeks ECL game and be done with.id say that if it was any team,anywhere in the world

Why would they be chasing less than 12% of the population

In a 50/50 race 12% is vital. It won't be the full 12% but most of it.

The RC church in Scotland broke with their counterparts in England, and recommended an independent Scotland. As usual many RC's unquestioningly followed the recommendation.

Loads of people I knew who were Labour voters turned over night. They love Scotland now ( although they can't stand the history.) Couldn't be bothered with Scotland before.

These votes are vital to the SNP in the West of Scotland.

I didn't know about the withdrawal of the Kosovo club. Positive tests though. Not a trip to Spain.

The Scottish gov haven't set one.

Nobody - but the team have in effect been put into isolation because a member of the squad broke quarantine rules and then mixed with the others.

The question is what are the quarantine rules for those Bolongoli came into contact with - as if it's more than 7 days then Celtic can't play this Tuesday.

Then how did Lennon manage to hold a presser at Lennoxtown after the Bolingoli stuff came out with the media physically in attendance if they are isolating?

The Scottish gov haven't set one.

Yes they have. Celtics matches are postponed.

Jason Leitch stated ‘public health implications on Celtic and Kilmarnock’

Then stated that Kilmarnocks risk level was low enough to proceed.

Celtics is not. But nobody has quantified anything about what it actually means or lasts for.

Yes they have. Celtics matches are postponed.

Jason Leitch stated ‘public health implications on Celtic and Kilmarnock’

Then stated that Kilmarnocks risk level was low enough to proceed.

Celtics is not. But nobody has quantified anything about what it actually means or lasts for.

Postponed by the SPFL and SFA. Not by the Scottish Government. There is no mandated period set by Holyrood on how long Celtic cant play.

Postponed by the SPFL and SFA. Not by the Scottish Government. There is no mandated period set by Holyrood on how long Celtic cant play.

No. The Scottish Football JRG reports to the Scottish Executive and requires their permission to play. That permission is removed for Celtic.

Your post is exactly the smoke and mirrors effect that is being caused here.

Why has it not been formally quantified

Tuesday 11 August 2020
Scottish Government Update
During discussions this morning with the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing a request was received – and subsequently agreed by the Joint Response Group – for the postponement of the following fixtures:

Wednesday 12 August
Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical
St Mirren v Celtic

Saturday 15 August
Aberdeen v Celtic

No. The Scottish Football JRG reports to the Scottish Executive and requires their permission to play. That permission is removed for Celtic.

Your post is exactly the smoke and mirrors effect that is being caused here.

Why has it not been formally quantified

Tuesday 11 August 2020
Scottish Government Update
During discussions this morning with the Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing a request was received – and subsequently agreed by the Joint Response Group – for the postponement of the following fixtures:

Wednesday 12 August
Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical
St Mirren v Celtic

Saturday 15 August
Aberdeen v Celtic

They asked, the SPFL, SFA obliged. They didnt need to make the request to them and could have pulled the plug unilaterally.

If there's another breach, that's what'll happen. It won't be a request to the SFA/SPFL but they'll simply have the rug pulled out from under them.

Back