Drive in football

Principle is good for local fans but Rangers draw support from all over the Uk and beyond , how many would travel to sit in a car and watch on a bid screen outside the stadium ?

It is really good idea for a club like them, I was listening to a podcast with a guy whi is the head of their marketing (i think was his title) and he talked about how they could fit 12,000 cars around the stadium. Using the biggest screens in the world and tuning in to the clubs frequency to hear what happens on the pitch. That league (similar to ours) relies solely on match revenue, this is a way the club can still make money.

Principle is good for local fans but Rangers draw support from all over the Uk and beyond , how many would travel to sit in a car and watch on a bid screen outside the stadium ?
For us?

There is not a big enough car park

It's a good idea, get people together to support the team

Could be a decent idea for the FA Cup Final in England really. Plenty of time to prepare etc... thought it may appeal to some racecourses

For us?

There is not a big enough car park

It's a good idea, get people together to support the team

I think it's along the ideas that anything is better than nothing. If you can get 200 cars willing to pay to park in a field, watch the game on big screens, buy some food and non-alcoholic drinks, it might help make a bit more cash.

If they run the numbers and think it will make even a small profit I think they should try it.

But could you imagine it in the rain with the wipers on full blast?!

It is a great idea. I have been at a few drive in cinema events at Balloch and they worked really well. They have used various car parks and may have even used the Albion before?

Think itison charge about £25 a car and you can have as many people as legally allowed.

The technology works great and even when it did rain one of the times it was still watchable.

No reason why we couldn't use the Albion (apart from the fact we want to sell it off). It would cost the club very little as we own the land so would only need to hire screens.

Latest posts

Back