Drone fly through of the Etihad

Went down a few years ago for a cup match between Man city and Burnley. Lovely stadium, sh*te atmosphere.

It's CGI. 3d modelling and raytracing are hardly new things. Quite well put together, but once you've object mapped any area suitably you can go flying around whatever way you want.

All it did for me was remind me of playing F29 Retaliator full screen in my younger days. B-D

im sure i remember the Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta doing something similar a few years ago

would love of of these at Ibrox, going up the marble staircase, through the age old managers office, thornton suite into the trophy room then back down and up the tunnel area onto the pitch

Love that. Ridiculously good.

No CGI - 100% genuine single take drone fly-through. Behind the scenes video will be available in a few days.
The colour shading in it is a bit dodgy in a couple of bits, and some of the reflections weren't good, but lemme look again and see.

Update: At least augmented. Look at gate, pitch and track.

It's well done, but it's certainly employing CGI.

S6MfJC4.png

RUFHsiK.png

hYE5S6Y.png

Last edited:
It's CGI. 3d modelling and raytracing are hardly new things. Quite well put together, but once you've object mapped any area suitably you can go flying around whatever way you want.

All it did for me was remind me of playing F29 Retaliator full screen in my younger days. B-D

This is a freestyle FPV drone I build n fly similar but I'm not as smooth as that although they will use hypersmooth or stabilise in post.. I'm wondering who the pilot is.

Back