Drunk Rangers

Ok, what’s your favourite Rangers win, when drunk, on YouTube or video?

I’m always drawn to the league win 1999 at the piggery. Absolutely phenomenal!

then, I go down the rabbit hole.....

Either that one of the league being won in 7 minutes, or the Lovenkrands last minute winner, or the Dunfermline game, or helicopter Sunday, or the Parma game at Ibrox.

Scottish cup SF 1998 against the scum.
McCoist's last goal against them for us, with that celebration, followed by an Albertz wondergoal.

Then as the OP says, down the Rangers YouTube rabbit hole i go!

Scottish cup SF 1998 against the scum.
McCoist's last goal against them for us, with that celebration, followed by an Albertz wondergoal.

Then as the OP says, down the Rangers YouTube rabbit hole i go!

This is mine too funnily enough. I've watched it that many times now, I've stopped watching the goals actually going into the net and started looking into the crowd behind the goal, trying to work out where I was standing. A truly magical day, in what was a horrible season.

This is mine too funnily enough. I've watched it that many times now, I've stopped watching the goals actually going into the net and started looking into the crowd behind the goal, trying to work out where I was standing. A truly magical day, in what was a horrible season.
Aye mate, then beating them at Ibrox in the league a week later. 12 year old me was convinced 10IAR was in the bag.
What might have been eh?

Lost count of the number of times I've watched the highlights of the home game against Braga. Still get the same thrill even though I was at the game.

Aye mate, then beating them at Ibrox in the league a week later. 12 year old me was convinced 10IAR was in the bag.
What might have been eh?

It still rankles to this day mate. The Scum only won something like 5 out of their last 11 games and still won the league. Tells you all you need to know about our own form. Our squad was on it's arse unfortunately and we just couldn't see it out but we were still better than that shower. Generally I'm fairly honest about these things, the best team always wins the league but, not that season. The Beggars themselves had a far better side 2/3 years before. We beat them 3 out of 5 games with another one being drawn with the last kick of the game and a quite shocking refereeing performance.

Anyway, it's possibly why that game sticks out so much and I'm going off on a tangent now. Great video:)

I love the 7 min at Killie for the title. What a start.

I also go for the ones with the fans singing. Some cracking ones of Hampden or the Derry’s walls / amazing grace from the Bayern game.
For me that was one the best endings to a weekend I ever had, was single at the time as well.
Met a girl for a coffee on the Saturday that turned into a drink, then a meal , then a club , then back to mine, result
My mate calls me Sunday morning says he has two tickets for the game. She gets chucked out early doors, drive to my mates then to the game. After the game leave the car at my mates house then down the local to meet my Dad and brother for a celebration, great times.

Helicopter Sunday

Just will never be bettered, the sheer jubilation that day and utter horror and despair for the mhanky hordes will never not be anything other than box office viewing for me.

Jelavic cup final. Was my first derby final win. Plus I was in the very last seat before you meet there end. Amazing day.

Jelavic Cup Final, Jaagerbombs and Champagne with my oldman afterwards, telling Numan he was the best left back ever to pull on a Rangers shirt....until Sasa f#cking Papac signed!!! Crazy days. I’m now sober!

edit: It was also my birthday

'Here lies a soldier' is a favourite of mine :)

Football was so much better when there were no names on the shirts. The amount of stuff plastered all over them today shows how much it’s all changed, and how every small detail of the sport is looked at and profited on, but back then it was simply just a game.

Back