Dubai

hammer17

Official Ticketer
Heading over for a week towards the end of October, any advice or the best places to visit,beaches, best malls and restaurants, also best location for hotel, only have flights booked at the moment.

Ive noticed there's a metro line that runs right along the main drag so ive been looking at places there.

all advice welcome

Mall of the Emirates & Mall of Dubai (Fountains & Burj Khalifa) - head in to the hotels to grab a fly pint (Sheraton Mall of the Emirates has a pub on the 2nd floor)

The Beach JBR (& Dubai Marina) Jumeirah Beach

Anywhere in JBR is a good place to stay - check out airbnb - there are lots of great hotels - depends on budget

The Madinat is a great place to grab a few drinks and a bite to eat

Desert Safari is also a good shout

The Dubai Loyal at the Ramada Chelsea Hotel, Al Barsha - to watch the bears!

Depends on what you want mate. The Marina, JBR and Jumeirah Lake Town are good for Bars/Restaurants and are accessible to the Metro (The Marina & JBR will depend on where you are if you can walk to the Metro or take a Tram)

There are several Hotels with their own beach access but generally they are expensive. For me the best beach is Kite Beach because there is plenty to do, however if you want a quiet beach just for sun worshiping then you could try Sufouh, it’s pretty decent but there is nothing there but sand and water.

There is a cracking food truck rally on a Saturday evening at the Emirates Golf Club (sometime the Dubai Creek club) which is well worth a look. Great selection of food, there is a bar and live music. Well worth a look.

And of course the Dubai Loyal supporters club is worth a visit if there is a game on.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a message mate.

Mall of the Emirates & Mall of Dubai (Fountains & Burj Khalifa) - head in to the hotels to grab a fly pint (Sheraton Mall of the Emirates has a pub on the 2nd floor)

Anywhere in JBR is a good place to stay - check out airbnb - there are lots of great hotels - depends on budget

^^^ This is all good advice^^^

again it all depends what kind of break you want & budget, beach holiday then JBR is the way to go, I've stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and it was fantastic, right next to wild wadi waterpark, I've also slummed it in Deira but normally stay on the the creek there, Radisson blu & the sheraton, Sheik Zayed Road I've stayed in 4 points by Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, all good hotels.

if your travelling alone then all well & good, if you're with the Mrs, be careful gas cookers everywhere & you'll get propositioned at least a couple of times per bar..

Agree with the Madinat for dinner and drinks. Beautiful place

We went to a Thai restaurant in the Souk al Bahar and sat on the terrace overlooking the dancing fountains. Can't remember the name of it and can't find it online though.

The Observatory bar down near the marina has great views of the palm and marina. Think it's in the Marriott hotel.

100% stay at JBR and make sure hotel isn't 'dry' that was my only mistake once. Go to Atlantis water park, visit the fountains at night below the burj khalifa.

Don't bother going up the burj at night...... can't see a thing

The shooting club at jebel Ali lets you fire 9mm glocks or clay pigeon shooting with shotguns

I'm heading over next weekend for 10 days. Been twice before, and stay on Jumeirah beach at the Sofitel. Everything mentioned above is bang on.

Oh, and stock up on drinks during happy hour!! Brings the price down to something more like home

Stayed at leh meridian on jumeriah beach. It's the only hotel where you can drink on the beach as it's private plus it shares the hotel what does biubalicious which is amazing and a must do. Looks into the palms. It's also got a marquee that's basically a night club(goggle baristas). Live football on a massive screen and a live band every night. If I went back I would book there again. At the weekend all the rich come out and party on the water in front of you(the cunts)

Taxis do t get the private ones as they're expensive but the local taxis will drive you 10mls for £10.

Buy Duty free when leaving the Airport.

I got a package that done the Burj al arab-shopping mall then onto burj kalif...was good to see.

Last edited:

Would recommend all of this, especially the last point. Was there last for the draw at the San Giro last season.

Afternoon Tea at the Burj-al-Arab is also good.

Buy duty free!!! On the way there!

I would recommend the Buddha Bar too. Excellent food and very decadent at night.

hammer17, dependent upon what you want to spend there are a lot of top notch (5 star) hotels available at relatively (for Dubai) cheap rates. I spent two nights last weekend in the Conrad hotel (for Conrad think Hilton plus) for around 110GBP per night for bed and breakfast for 2. Admittedly, the Conrad is a bit of a distance from the beaches, JBR, Dubai Marina etc but there is a metro stop right outside the front door of the hotel (no need to worry about any noise from the Metro) and this will, pretty much, take you within a short walk (max 5 mins) of any where you would want to go in Dubai. Also, the Fairmont right next to the Conrad offering good rates last weekend. One piece of advise, if you are booking hotels make sure to give hotels.com a look. Generally i feel the rates offered on this site to be competitive but you also get the added benefit of getting 1 night in 10 free (essentially they calculate the amount you spent in booking 10 nights and give you 10% back as a credit to your next booking).

Oh and, as mentioned above, make sure you take in a brunch you will not regret it (at least not until the next morning!!!).

"The main drag"

It's not fucking Benidorm you're going to! :D

Stayed in JBR when we went. Thought I would hate Dubai but loved the place.

Back