Duff and Duffer trial

The paisley loyal

My gut tells me these guys were not squeaky clean,not by a long shot. However you cannot convict on gut instinct.
A shambles.
If I remember correctly BDO, were being lined up to be the administrators. White panicked and got Duff & Phelps, in the door, as they were his preferred choice as owner. Someone stated in their book, I can't remember who it was, that it was the first time they could see fear in Whites, face, when he thought BDO, were going to be appointed as the administrators.

JCB64

If I remember correctly BDO, were being lined up to be the administrators. White panicked and got Duff & Phelps, in the door, as they were his preferred choice as owner. Someone stated in their book, I can't remember who it was, that it was the first time they could see fear in Whites, face, when he thought BDO, were going to be appointed as the administrators.
It was Gordon Smith

Albertz Loyal

It made complete sense to him, he was inviting administration.
HMRC were also content to let the PAYE and NI debt run up so that could veto any CVA.
HMRC were taking out interdicts (or whatever) against Hearts when tax debts reached £500,000. They let Rangers run up more than £10M before mentioning it.
Whyte's initial intention was to shed the debt through admin then sell Rangers as a viable company even with the Ticketus debt.
Then the rest of the predators stiffed him, and proceeded to milk the club for £70m over 4 years.
All imo.
The only thing that doesn't add with this is that if it was just admin, the big tax case was still hanging over the club.

Liquidation of the company actually cleared the lot, and thankfully the courts ruled that the club and company were separate (I'm sure White did not care a jot about that).

What frustrates me is we've had a loss of 10 million a year since we came back, which if someone had just paid the big tax case would have covered. Also, the final number was so much lower, it was more than manageable as a debt. Basically, we got fleeced for 5 years from investors trying to make a fast buck. Very similar to HMV, bought.. Stripped of assets, admin again, sold again.

GourockBlue50

Official Ticketer
Is there somebody that can summarise exactly what has went on and why and make it a sticky that can be updated and easy to follow ?

Is this all just a smoke screen for what went on with HMRC lying and overstepping the mark and then Mulholland and Wolffe tried to stick the boot in further ?

Wolffe seems a bit of a dobber, and who is he answerable to ? from last year

HOLYROOD’S Alex Salmond inquiry descended into farce today when the Scottish Government’s legal chief refused to give straight answers to MSPs.

Lord Advocate James Wolffe repeatedly stonewalled members of the special committee as they asked about legal advice to the government for its doomed 2019 court battle with the former First Minister

This resulted in Salmond getting something like £1/2million in legal expenses.

He was also asked to explain the missing evidence in the hanging effigies trial from Parkhead, he didn’t really.

Should Wolffe and Mulholland be looking at charges and jail time ?
Is there a link to this?

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
One day, years from now, the truth about all this will come out, and our club will finally be absolved of any blame.

Sadly, most of the bastards involved will probably be rotting in hell by then, and won't get the justice they deserve in this life.
More annoyingly, and this was their objective, they will all have headed into the hills with their massive pensions and well protected assets.

Whoever took the decision to call the prosecutions ‘malicious’ did so knowing that would ensure there was no civil proceedings against the lawyers who had given wrong advice.

That decision meant it protected their own personal wealth from being the subject of civil suit.

Instead, it became a quasi-criminal matter where the state would pick up the bill and the lawyers would not face civil personal negligence actions.

In about 15 years time, somebody will come to that conclusion bit it will be far too late.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
More lolly for the jolly boys with briefs.
The gravy train Rolls on…

Interesting that the journalist’s name is Mulholland.
I wonder if he’s any relation to fat Frank, The Lord Advocate at the time of this complete balls up.

archimedes

I long for the day when one of them slips up and confesses it all to an undercover journalist*.

*By 'journalist' I obviously mean a proper one and not one of the tin pot ones who disgrace this country.