Duff and Duffer trial

My gut tells me these guys were not squeaky clean,not by a long shot. However you cannot convict on gut instinct.
A shambles.
If I remember correctly BDO, were being lined up to be the administrators. White panicked and got Duff & Phelps, in the door, as they were his preferred choice as owner. Someone stated in their book, I can't remember who it was, that it was the first time they could see fear in Whites, face, when he thought BDO, were going to be appointed as the administrators.

If I remember correctly BDO, were being lined up to be the administrators. White panicked and got Duff & Phelps, in the door, as they were his preferred choice as owner. Someone stated in their book, I can't remember who it was, that it was the first time they could see fear in Whites, face, when he thought BDO, were going to be appointed as the administrators.
It was Gordon Smith

It made complete sense to him, he was inviting administration.
HMRC were also content to let the PAYE and NI debt run up so that could veto any CVA.
HMRC were taking out interdicts (or whatever) against Hearts when tax debts reached £500,000. They let Rangers run up more than £10M before mentioning it.
Whyte's initial intention was to shed the debt through admin then sell Rangers as a viable company even with the Ticketus debt.
Then the rest of the predators stiffed him, and proceeded to milk the club for £70m over 4 years.
All imo.
The only thing that doesn't add with this is that if it was just admin, the big tax case was still hanging over the club.

Liquidation of the company actually cleared the lot, and thankfully the courts ruled that the club and company were separate (I'm sure White did not care a jot about that).

What frustrates me is we've had a loss of 10 million a year since we came back, which if someone had just paid the big tax case would have covered. Also, the final number was so much lower, it was more than manageable as a debt. Basically, we got fleeced for 5 years from investors trying to make a fast buck. Very similar to HMV, bought.. Stripped of assets, admin again, sold again.

Is there somebody that can summarise exactly what has went on and why and make it a sticky that can be updated and easy to follow ?

Is this all just a smoke screen for what went on with HMRC lying and overstepping the mark and then Mulholland and Wolffe tried to stick the boot in further ?

Wolffe seems a bit of a dobber, and who is he answerable to ? from last year

HOLYROOD’S Alex Salmond inquiry descended into farce today when the Scottish Government’s legal chief refused to give straight answers to MSPs.

Lord Advocate James Wolffe repeatedly stonewalled members of the special committee as they asked about legal advice to the government for its doomed 2019 court battle with the former First Minister

This resulted in Salmond getting something like £1/2million in legal expenses.

He was also asked to explain the missing evidence in the hanging effigies trial from Parkhead, he didn’t really.

Should Wolffe and Mulholland be looking at charges and jail time ?
Is there a link to this?

One day, years from now, the truth about all this will come out, and our club will finally be absolved of any blame.

Sadly, most of the bastards involved will probably be rotting in hell by then, and won't get the justice they deserve in this life.
More annoyingly, and this was their objective, they will all have headed into the hills with their massive pensions and well protected assets.

Whoever took the decision to call the prosecutions ‘malicious’ did so knowing that would ensure there was no civil proceedings against the lawyers who had given wrong advice.

That decision meant it protected their own personal wealth from being the subject of civil suit.

Instead, it became a quasi-criminal matter where the state would pick up the bill and the lawyers would not face civil personal negligence actions.

In about 15 years time, somebody will come to that conclusion bit it will be far too late.

More lolly for the jolly boys with briefs.
The gravy train Rolls on…

Interesting that the journalist’s name is Mulholland.
I wonder if he’s any relation to fat Frank, The Lord Advocate at the time of this complete balls up.

I long for the day when one of them slips up and confesses it all to an undercover journalist*.

*By 'journalist' I obviously mean a proper one and not one of the tin pot ones who disgrace this country.

Would it be too simplistic to describe it as a group of 19th Century Terrorists who have unfortunately got themselves in a position of power that is way above their actual ability using this power to attack a football team that they don't like? They thought they could use the power of the Scottish Courts to introduce further damaging actions against Rangers football club is how I'm currently seeing these events.

The whole thing reeks, they should be asking why HMRC did not agree some deal in the first place, how much money has this whole episode cost.
It’s absolutely mind blowing and the evidence of hmrc staff in the Halloween costume’s a few years ago says it all.
There is so much out there that shows what we were up against it’s shocking and angering.

Wolfe, a Natsi, and Mulholland, a papist at the heart of it all. Rangers enemies within the justiciary aligned to cause us damage.
Correct 100% lady Wolfe is nippys go to judge for big money cases against the Scottish government or Nhs etc they even tried to get her as the judge for her husband’s case corruption at the highest level her and the husband are wolfes in sheeps clothing.

Aye, now that it suits those bastards!
There was no talk of an inquiry when it was Rangers that were getting fūcked over, but now that their reputations are on the line it's a whole different story.
This is it for me, the government stood by and allowed a business to fail due to the corruption of individuals. The Craig Whyte situation was a calculated fraud and when this happened we should have been protected until it was sorted out. Instead they stood back and others began to get on the gravy train. The government and crown are as complacent in this as the people who brought us down. Any inquiry will still protect them.

One day, years from now, the truth about all this will come out, and our club will finally be absolved of any blame.

Sadly, most of the bastards involved will probably be rotting in hell by then, and won't get the justice they deserve in this life.
Not sure of that at all.
Would people like Murray, Whyte, Green all the way through to the spivs, not just be seen as the club?
We know the truth, of course, but these qunts are all seen to be owning and/or running the club.

Not sure of that at all.
Would people like Murray, Whyte, Green all the way through to the spivs, not just be seen as the club?
We know the truth, of course, but these qunts are all seen to be owning and/or running the club.
I hear what you are saying, but I suppose I meant that these people took advantage of the institution that is Rangers to line their own pockets.
Their failure of corporate governance was outrageous and went unpunished.

This is it for me, the government stood by and allowed a business to fail due to the corruption of individuals. The Craig Whyte situation was a calculated fraud and when this happened we should have been protected until it was sorted out. Instead they stood back and others began to get on the gravy train. The government and crown are as complacent in this as the people who brought us down. Any inquiry will still protect them.
You can bet your arse had it been a business who's customer base was seem as 'pro-independence' all the stops would have been pulled out to save it.
Instead, Rangers are considered a spanner in the works with regards to the aims of the SNP, so some might say it suited them for us to disappear.

Because they thought no Rangers was their winning ticket for a yes result in 2014.
They believe we are so attached to our club that if we didn't have it we'd just say what's the point of being part of the UK then.

Is this the story ?

People in high places wanted Rangers assets sold off piecemeal. This would ensure the club, in it's present and historical setting, would be finished.

The administrators sold it as an entity to Green and his consortium.

This meant Rangers, as we know it, survived.

The people in high places (the government, police, and justiciary) were enraged, and went after the administrators to punish them.

Is this the story ? Are we getting near the truth.

I hear what you are saying, but I suppose I meant that these people took advantage of the institution that is Rangers to line their own pockets.
Their failure of corporate governance was outrageous and went unpunished.
I get, and got where you’re coming from.
My post is indicative of the responses I get when I’m trying to defend our support and explain why we see ourselves as victims.
It was the support who caused the problem, it was individuals in it for themselves.

Correct 100% lady Wolfe is nippys go to judge for big money cases against the Scottish government or Nhs etc they even tried to get her as the judge for her husband’s case corruption at the highest level her and the husband are wolfes in sheeps clothing.

Tough shit for them on the payouts then. They should have stepped in as they did with hearts and saved themselves a fortune.

The whole thing reeks, they should be asking why HMRC did not agree some deal in the first place, how much money has this whole episode cost.
Exactly, they could’ve taken the sum Murray originally offered and saved the taxpayers a fortune, who carries the can for making this decision?

One question I have, always had, surrounds the police investigation and them failing to execute the warrant properly.

This whole shit show makes my head spin,I think it was a case of get Rangers at all cost generated by a group Rangers hating bigots in high places,It failed and now they are paying the cost,,An over simplification maybe but I’m a simple man.

Is this the story ?

People in high places wanted Rangers assets sold off piecemeal. This would ensure the club, in it's present and historical setting, would be finished.

The administrators sold it as an entity to Green and his consortium.

This meant Rangers, as we know it, survived.

The people in high places (the government, police, and justiciary) were enraged, and went after the administrators to punish them.

Is this the story ? Are we getting near the truth.
100 f*****g per cent mate.

Shame!!!
No doubt the lawyers will appeal the judgment as more paydays are needed for the poor creatures who face losing out in this instance!!

Back