Duff and Duffer trial

See post #37, it was the Withey case I was thinking of and, quite clearly, the evidence was gathered but in an illegal manner, rendering it inadmissible.
I agree but we have no knowledge if the information gathered was actually evidence of a crime, so for the purposes of this we have assume it didn't provide evidence. It is hard to make any judgement. Information gathered may not constitute evidence of a crime.

The other point here is if there is a formal enquiry into this as there should be we might get a step closer to finding out what happened and who was involved.

I agree but we have no knowledge if the information gathered was actually evidence of a crime, so for the purposes of this we have assume it didn't provide evidence. It is hard to make any judgement. Information gathered may not constitute evidence of a crime.

The other point here is if there is a formal enquiry into this as there should be we might get a step closer to finding out what happened and who was involved.
I'd like to think that but I fear we would be treated to a narrative of 'the Polis were all orange bastards' and 'the PF was a Mason' type headlines. However ridiculous that sounds.

Last edited:
I'd like to think that but I fear we would be treated to a narrative of 'the Polis were all orange bastards' and the PF was a Mason type headlines. However ridiculous that sounds.
Think there is a huge amount we need to unearth about what happened to our team. Need to understand who was involved. Proper investigation of this case would maybe lead us somewhere.

Irrespective of our club this is serious stuff.

Think there is a huge amount we need to unearth about what happened to our team. Need to understand who was involved. Proper investigation of this case would maybe lead us somewhere.

Yes, you are correct it is serious stuff. However, for me, regardless of how important that is, our Club trumps that.

I honestly don't know of well ever get to the bottom of everything that went on.

And this is where I want answers - why did HMRC go after us they way they did? Someone inside with an agenda was working this. That 100m tax bill has been steadily decreasing and found out to be false - is that right?

What was the motivation of the CPS and PS in charging Whitehouse, Clark, Whyte and Green?

We (Rangers supporters) were wanting justice as we believe we had been wronged so initially supported the crown charges of above.

There are people out there who think all of the above came up with a scheme to remove Rangers alleged 100m tax bill without paying a penny and we come out the other end debt free and club in tact. Is there a possibility the authorities in Scotland are of the same thinking?

The jury is still out on Clark and Whitehouse as far as I am concerned. I believe Whyte, Green, HMRC and those around them have wronged us and there are individuals in the crown and police Scotland who also need brought to justice. I think there are others hidden in the shadows who have had a big hand in this.

Murray also wronged us but my extremely untrained eye doesn't see anything illegal from his side - he is just a coward.

I don't know - this is a fxxk up from beginning to end.
Crooks have got extremely rich or richer due to our predicament and continue to stink out the place.

Rangers were in real danger of being destroyed and it was only Dave Kkng and the white knights that fought back and realistically saved us.

All of this is from the HMRC issue, getting them to admit liability would be extremely difficult to impossible.

The person who could answer it all is David Murray but as we have seen it’s all about the ego with him.

I think there has to be, there has been more public money wasted on this than was actually owed to HMRC.

it will be interesting where the trail all leads back to. who was reportedly in charge of this at the HMRC at the time ?

tanbJBh.jpg

if they had any decency, they'd invest some of their cash in rangers after what they put is through!!!

It certainly does not inspire confidence in the police/ judges and whoever else is involved in decision making at the highest level, there is so much money at stake here it will be interesting to see who else pops up for a bite.

I'd love to know what was on those 'illicitly viewed' computer discs.

I agree with the Duffers that there should be an inquiry, but it should cover the whole episode, from Murray's sale to Whyte, right through to the liquidation.

Be interesting to see how keen they were to co-operate if that were the case.

Interesting. Two Lord Advocates (Lords Advocate?), one appointed by Salmond in 2011, the other appointed by Sturgeon in 2016.

Interesting. Two Lord Advocates (Lords Advocate?), one appointed by Salmond in 2011, the other appointed by Sturgeon in 2016.
And with any luck they are going to be involved in one big fight between them. There could be a lot of blood flowing after this set to.

This country is bent and incompetent under the SNP. The total bill for this is going to reach something like £100m.

And let’s not forget the £200m superferries that are gathering rust, with their painted on windows.

Irony being they will no longer be able to throw tax payer money about like confetti if they actually get independence.

There was an awful lot of time, effort and money spent by tax payers in a failed attempt to kill off Rangers and make the Rangers' brand toxic.

When everything is put together including the tax cases the costs are mind boggling.

Who sanctioned all this?

edit: The prosecution of the EBT tax case cost millions, did this ultimately come out of the Scottish budget?

How many Hospitals, Schools etc etc could have been built with all that taxpayers cash ?
No outcry from the usual places ?
no ?
anyone ?
All that time, effort and money trying to murder an institution out of sheer hatred and envy.
Would be understandable if that were true. Very wrong but it would at least explain the motive. However going after those two did nothing at all to further damage the club. That is the bit I just really do not understand. The Crown went after these two on a completely false agenda, tried to in prison and destroy their lives but there is absolutely no obvious motive.

serious shit when the Crown pick on people and try to construct a case that doesn’t exist. Tries to destroy lives with no evidence. These were rich individuals who had the means to fight back. How many others are just destroyed?
Needs to be a full independent enquiry into this.

Another week rolls around and another "Scottish Legal Scandal" oddly every lawyer Ive met in Scotland, and Ive met quite a few through work has either been a Labour/SNP voting, slightly left wing Guardian reading patronising 19th Century Terrorist sympathising Sellick glory hunting pr1ck OR a Labour/SNP voting, slightly left wing Guardian reading patronising 19th Century Terrorist sympathising Sellick glory hunting HiVs supporting prick if they live in Edinburgh. The legal profession in Scotland is riddled with them. I was once in a meeting with one of em who has talking about setting up another 'shell' company to get around a tricky ongoing legal problem my reply was perhaps you could do it as a "separate entity" works for some, he started to talk down to me about legal issues and why that was clearly unethical and in fact against common legal process where there is a need for transparency until he realised where my little 'gag' at his expense was going. Talk about trying to squeeze the toothpaste back into the tube.

Last edited:
And this is where I want answers - why did HMRC go after us they way they did? Someone inside with an agenda was working this. That 100m tax bill has been steadily decreasing and found out to be false - is that right?

What was the motivation of the CPS and PS in charging Whitehouse, Clark, Whyte and Green?

We (Rangers supporters) were wanting justice as we believe we had been wronged so initially supported the crown charges of above.

There are people out there who think all of the above came up with a scheme to remove Rangers alleged 100m tax bill without paying a penny and we come out the other end debt free and club in tact. Is there a possibility the authorities in Scotland are of the same thinking?

The jury is still out on Clark and Whitehouse as far as I am concerned. I believe Whyte, Green, HMRC and those around them have wronged us and there are individuals in the crown and police Scotland who also need brought to justice. I think there are others hidden in the shadows who have had a big hand in this.

Murray also wronged us but my extremely untrained eye doesn't see anything illegal from his side - he is just a coward.

I don't know - this is a fxxk up from beginning to end.
Who was the little rhat who set up that wikifenian type website to keep the issue on the front pages?

No one has been found guilty of much, if anything, for the Rangers fiasco during that time. Just shows how difficult it is to unravel highly, perhaps overly, complex, business deals. I don't think the Crown had it in for Rangers because at the time most Rangers fans wanted Whyte, in particular, to be held accountable for what he had done. They tried but failed - I think they were just p*ss poor at their jobs as can be seen also from the Alex Salmond fiasco.

Hmrc should have took the deal, heads should roll from there re the shambles they have caused. Who in there was that driving force?

Back