Duncan Ferguson

Pundit on Sky today for the Everton v Chelsea game and talks well about the game. Sensible and love the fact he just talks as if he’s chatting amongst mates. No nonsense type attitude to the game and how it should be played but also very intuitive at the same time.

Jamie Redknapp appeared scared shitless of the big man. Was constantly agreeing with everything “Duncan you’re completely right” said and was constantly appearing to big him up as the greatest thing ever.
Maybe if ye have a jobbie, Jamie, Duncan can wipe yer arse for ye Jamie

Great hes another person that likes to write off chelsea glad he get got showed up for saying everton would won 2-0 & said koulibaly lack of experience of playing in the premier league would help everton , how did that work out for him?

He should learn to respect to chelsea & not say things like that if they where playing Liverpool or Man City he wouldnt said everton would win & say the score & the goal scorer & not talking about one of there players not playing in the premier leagur
What are you on about? Are you still steaming?

Great hes another person that likes to write off chelsea glad he get got showed up for saying everton would won 2-0 & said koulibaly lack of experience of playing in the premier league would help everton , how did that work out for him?

He should learn to respect to chelsea & not say things like that if they where playing Liverpool or Man City he wouldnt said everton would win & say the score & the goal scorer & not talking about one of there players not playing in the premier leagur
You sound 12 years old.

"Idea for a television programme..."

Ey9JQ9gWUAM2F1L
Monkey Tennis?

Secretly hope he gets the Motherwell job.

I like big Dunc and I reckon he would get his players playing for him and running through brick walls for him.

Proud to say my beloved old man dated Duncs Aunt Maureen and can confirm he was one genuine hard bstartd! He also got caught being ‘hard’ with a barmaid on a pool table by cctv in Banockburn :D
Not as hard as the rest of the Fergie family :D

I mind seeing him in a Stirling boozer after he’s scored at Ibrox v Dun Utd, might of been his debut, can’t mind.
He walks in puffing a cigarette in a bright orange suit!

At half time he actually called Mykolenko, Mikhailichenko. Some things never leave you. Although it's easy to get a little mixed up with that

I was in a bar in Stirling one night - don't remember which one
One guy seemed to be a foot taller than everyone else in the place
At some point there were raised voices & the barman told a punter to leave - which he did
I thought the tall guy was a bouncer - although I didn't remember anyone on the door when I'd entered - & he wasn't the one told to leave

One of the locals told me the big guy was DF & that he was a target everywhere he
went - similar things had happened in
other pubs according to him

If my memory isn't playing tricks- this was the season before he signed for us
Whenever it was - I was aware of the name & his scoring record at DU - but didn't know what he looked like - till then

Was in the chase a bit in the late 80s, always thought it was a tim pub and the redbrae in kirky was the proddy one?

I was never in the Red Brae which is why I don't have any stab marks in my vital organs.

I think a Tim bus maybe ran from The Chase for a while but it wasn't always like that.

Pundit on Sky today for the Everton v Chelsea game and talks well about the game. Sensible and love the fact he just talks as if he’s chatting amongst mates. No nonsense type attitude to the game and how it should be played but also very intuitive at the same time.

Jamie Redknapp appeared scared shitless of the big man. Was constantly agreeing with everything “Duncan you’re completely right” said and was constantly appearing to big him up as the greatest thing ever.
One of the reels that crops up on FB of big Dunc throwing opposition players around is against Man U. Its not Keane he bangs but it’s him who’s complaining about it but, unusually, he doesn’t challenge the player directly and instead just runs to the ref pointing back at big Dunc. I reckon that’s your answer right there mate
Redknapp sits with Souness and Gullit and they show disdain for him !! Boy amongst men !!!

I was never in the Red Brae which is why I don't have any stab marks in my vital organs.

I think a Tim bus maybe ran from The Chase for a while but it wasn't always like that.
The canal club in Kirky was also a tim shop.
Knew a few guys in the Orange that drank in the redbrae.
There was a tim bus that left from the chase at one point as you said.

Some people pretend to be hardmen. Others batter %^*& out you when you break into their house and hold you hostage until the police come....whenever you get round to ringing them and ask them to come.
I think it was the burgulars that phoned the police.

I was in a bar in Stirling one night - don't remember which one
One guy seemed to be a foot taller than everyone else in the place
At some point there were raised voices & the barman told a punter to leave - which he did
I thought the tall guy was a bouncer - although I didn't remember anyone on the door when I'd entered - & he wasn't the one told to leave

One of the locals told me the big guy was DF & that he was a target everywhere he
went - similar things had happened in
other pubs according to him

If my memory isn't playing tricks- this was the season before he signed for us
Whenever it was - I was aware of the name & his scoring record at DU - but didn't know what he looked like - till then
Yeah it happened quite often, he would be out for a drink and some folk just tried to wind him up (particularly when he was at Rangers ) and he would quite often leave just to avoid the bother. He would often pop into The Falcon in St.Ninians (his home patch) on a Sunday afternoon on his own as a lot of his friends from school drunk their and he loved it as he was among friends and he could relax, play pool and it was only 2 mins from his parents house. Legend has it that his old man was also as hard as nails.

To this day my one genuine regret is that we didn't stand up to the haters and stick by Duncan Ferguson.

The sky ( might have been) the limit????

A great Evertonian and Newcastle forward.

Imagine Malky MacKay, Brian O'Neill and the like against Big Dunc.
i see what you did there

Yeah it happened quite often, he would be out for a drink and some folk just tried to wind him up (particularly when he was at Rangers ) and he would quite often leave just to avoid the bother. He would often pop into The Falcon in St.Ninians (his home patch) on a Sunday afternoon on his own as a lot of his friends from school drunk their and he loved it as he was among friends and he could relax, play pool and it was only 2 mins from his parents house. Legend has it that his old man was also as hard as nails.
Yeah - I'd imagine he got even more hassle when he signed for us
I'd hate to be targeted / challenged/ wound up anywhere I went & value being anonymous when it suits
No wonder he chose a local as a preferred venue

Back