Dundalk

Sickening that a team like Dundalk plays a team from the Faroes to get through and we have to overcome teams like Willem and Galatasaray.

I guess their seedings etc all fell perfectly for them?
The faroes team beat Tbisili 6-1 whatever happened there they were 3/1 to win. Seems a bit odd

The faroes team beat Tbisili 6-1 whatever happened there they were 3/1 to win. Seems a bit odd
A few folk knew,

They were 9/2 earlier this morning, I was tempted to have a few quid on.

This isn't a pushover for Dundalk by any means.

A free state team always seem to make the groups every so often. Think it was shamrock rovers last time? Rebel c*nts.

I think it's only ever happened twice mate ha! Shithole town, for that reason, I'm out. Great draw for them though.

Dundalk are playing their playoff tie at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, which suggests they will do the same if they qualify for the groups.

Dundalk are playing their playoff tie at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, which suggests they will do the same if they qualify for the groups.

They played the CL Play-off there in 2016 as their ground is only Category 2 but the EL group games were at Shamrock Rovers' Tallaght Stadium

Reactions: ICM
Fair play to them, the league down there is an appalling standard, so for them to maybe qualify for group stages would be a great achievement. I was in Dundalk once at the greyhounds, had a great night out as I won €600. Getting in the taxi to go back to the hotel, the driver recognised my Glasgow accent and of course I got the proverbial are you a Celtic or Rangers fan?? I said to him, your all so predictable, you can’t help yourselves can you?

Anyone who thinks the people of Dundalk would be openly welcoming to a Rangers fan is very naive.

I come from a well respected family in Newry but there have been many nights out where I wouldn’t dare say i was a Rangers fan when asked.

The same goes when people mention that it’s fine to wear your Rangers top in Dublin ‘as they don’t care about that stuff down there’. Trust me, they do.

Anyone who thinks the people of Dundalk would be openly welcoming to a Rangers fan is very naive.

I come from a well respected family in Newry but there have been many nights out where I wouldn’t dare say i was a Rangers fan when asked.

The same goes when people mention that it’s fine to wear your Rangers top in Dublin ‘as they don’t care about that stuff down there’. Trust me, they do.
I wouldn’t wear a Rangers top in Dublin to find out, and I definitely wouldn’t in Dundalk because I already know, aye. You’d have to be mad in the head.

I don’t wear football tops of any description, but I have never hidden what team I support and have never encountered a problem in Dublin. Everywhere has bams, but by and large Dublin isn’t (a) a football city, and (b) one where those that are interested predominantly support English teams.

Back