Dundee & Aberdeen agree kick-off time change for International broadcast reasons

A 6pm at Ibrox would be magic, all day shot in town then hop across to Ibrox at 5 bells fulla the vodka.

Maybe we'd actually get a song or two out of the Copland for once ;)

There’s people out there who actually watch women’s “football” so I’m sure they’ll be an audience for a game such as this. Quite like that kick off time

Prioritising what I can only assume is a small number of overseas fans to the disregard of their own supporters.

However, it's not the worst night to try and compete with the other fixtures - although I dare say this is clearly the less appealing!

Brentford v Chelsea in the EPL
M'gladback v Stuttgart in Bundesliga
Lazio v Inter Milan in Serie A
Villareal v Betis in La Liga

Last edited:
Saturday night at Ibrox would be great I reckon.

Doubt the cops would go for it though. Plus we've had issues with Aberdeen on Saturday night once before.

Was it the tramps behaviour in 99, when they couldn’t take us winning the league at their pit, which put a stop to the Saturday night games?

Happened a fair amount in the scottish cup but can’t think of many league games since the end of that season.
Aberdeen fans charging the park put a stop to the 17:30 Sat games. Amoruso 1-0.

"It is part of the Club’s plan to trial different approaches in pursuit of attracting greater attendances and exposure"

By putting games on at the exact same time the EPL are locking down?

Do they still have the Chinese TV contract? That would be 5AM over there
It would be 1AM, but your point still stands.
It’s a 7 hour time difference, 8 hours after the clocks go back.

Id personally hate that kick off time, personally I prefer 3pm ideally or lunchtime, that way I can get back and still have plenty of time left to do things.

I never said it was, but that was what got used to stop the later kick offs.
If it was then it was down to a change in contract with another broadcaster

Sky show games at Sunday 6.05pm for the 1st 3 seasons and the final year of their contract moved the Scottish games to Saturday 5.35pm after they lost the Football League rights to ITV

Usual sarcy replies on FF, but good to see some teams trying to change things. American owners are trying to make a mark in America for their teams, I don't see why people are so blasé about it? We want Scottish football changed, yet ridicule teams that try to do so. Don't like either team, but wish them all the best with this.

No, you’re right. How much are they paying the broadcasters to screen their game?

I've not got a clue tbh but it looks like it's done with the idea of getting more money in. More money coming into our league makes us better so we should welcome it when they try.

I've not got a clue tbh but it looks like it's done with the idea of getting more money in. More money coming into our league makes us better so we should welcome it when they try.
I totally agree but Aberdeen and Dundee are not the sides to do it.

If it was then it was down to a change in contract with another broadcaster

Sky show games at Sunday 6.05pm for the 1st 3 seasons and the final year of their contract moved the Scottish games to Saturday 5.35pm after they lost the Football League rights to ITV
It was 20 odd years ago but since that day I can’t remember an old firm being played in the evening, at a weekend, since.

It was 20 odd years ago but since that day I can’t remember an old firm being played in the evening, at a weekend, since.
Yes for that game only wasn't played in the 6.05pm slot again at the weekend it didn't cancelled that kick-off times for other games for 2 seasons after the events of May 1999

Back