Dundee FC in a desperate situation (Nelms's duplicity coming home to roost)

GourockBlue50

Official Ticketer
Not that I give too much of a damn what happens here, but it would be interesting to hear the DFCSS side of the story. They clearly don't trust the board with their money. Also, how arrogant is that DFC statement? They're all but saying the money belongs to them.
And done their very best to keep them away from the table. More or less been pleading for the cash for years but can't get their mitts on it.

HillsBill

“The club were disappointed but not surprised by this stance from the DFCSS board.

“On a number of occasions over the past seven years discussions have broken down with little to no help offered by the DFCSS for the good of Dundee Football Club.”

They're not the first, and they won't be the last, to find out you p*ss your fans off at your peril, especially since Scottish football is more dependent on gate money than most other European Leagues.

This kind of talk won't help.

DannyG

Some club's have had the misfortune to have nobends running their club I'm really grateful that our club is a nobends free club thanks to Dave and Co. We also have the best support all pulling in the right direction with 1872 supporting Rangers to the holy, let the rest suffer.

Davie Weir

Not that I give too much of a damn what happens here, but it would be interesting to hear the DFCSS side of the story. They clearly don't trust the board with their money. Also, how arrogant is that DFC statement? They're all but saying the money belongs to them.
A look at their forum says that DFCSS were wanting another seat on the DFC board in return for the £40K investment.

Neilms saying that 40K isn’t enough to warrant another seat.

DannyG

Some club's have had the misfortune to have nobends running their club I'm really grateful that our club is a nobends free club thanks to Dave and Co. We also have the best support all pulling in the right direction with 1872 supporting Rangers to the holy, let the rest suffer.
Meant to be hilt froggy spill chick

Div1872

Genuinely hope Nelms and the US based owner lose the lot

They phucked up Scottish football with their change of vote

Karma is a dish best served cold

GIRUY Nelms ya Tarrier loving fukwhit

EH47

A look at their forum says that DFCSS were wanting another seat on the DFC board in return for the £40K investment.

Aye, but it's obviously enough for him to make an arse of himself by begging them for it.
Imagine a "king maker" squabbling with his fans over £38k.
Aye, 38 fucking k, lol

soapybubble

Historically we had close links with Dundee, the Rangers Pools in its hay day for one. Now it’s another pisspot of a club with a pisspot support. We should be saddened by this but they made their decision so fûck them.

jimbear

I do feel sorry for the Dees fans as I believe that the vast bulk of them would genuinely gave disapproved of what Nelms did. During most of the past 35 years Dundee FC has been plagued by having a procession of duds, charlatans and shady individuals controlling the club at board level. As we know through our own bitter experience, that was not through the fault of the club supporters. If the Dundee fans group has decided to withhold their money from the club, it is my opinion that they must think that they have a very good reason for doing so.

Brady84

Embaressing enough asking for it, without crying to a paper when you don't get it.

I assume they have a reason for not giving them it and/or are boycotting season tickets. £38k is 112 adult season tickets (less than 1% of the stadium)

Disco Deejay

Maybe using the casting vote to award your biggest rivals:
1. A Championship trophy that they didn't win and
2. Promotion to the Premier League that they didn't deserve;

As well as:
3. Losing income from 4 league derby fixtures that would have been live on tv and
4. Losing attendance money from 2 home derby games (if fans are allowed to return),
wasn't such a bright idea after all.

At least he has the consolation of a couple of behind closed doors friendlies against the Big Hitters to look forward to. With any luck, they will make enough to pay his bus fare to the nearest airport.

temperance

“On a number of occasions over the past seven years discussions have broken down with little to no help offered by the DFCSS for the good of Dundee Football Club

So its the supporters association to blame for the clubs poor management?

Dougie Gray

Thats what I took most. The statement about "used our IP to raise the money" certainly doesn't hint at a happy relationship.

deedle

Looking at their fans’ forum over the past few months I get the impression that a lot seem to live on another planet.

They really haven’t a clue.