Dundee FC's proposed new ground

They have been talking about this for a while, I think all the other buildings and housing will be needed to offset the costs of the stadium plus selling Dens.

661T7Kv.gif

This will end up the the Sheep's plans for a new stadium.

The pic in the OP is the closet they'll ever get to a new stadium.

Surely they could have a San Siro style* ground share with Dundee United. Sell one of the stadiums to development, upgrade one of them win win win. Although no doubt this will be shot down by them both in another fine move of Scottish football being so short sighted, they can't see the opportunity to develop/ advance.

*slightly smaller capacity maybe.

Why would a club that even in top league get no more than 5k most weeks need a 15k stadium?

Very ambitious but 15 000 capacity is basically gambling on them being in the top flight and the sell out games against us and Celtic.
Dens doesn't sell out now for those games. Look at our last 2 visits. Particularly the cup game. It was an embarrassing turn out by Dundee fans.

Dens doesn't sell out now for those games. Look at our last 2 visits. Particularly the cup game. It was an embarrassing turn out by Dundee fans.

The owner probably has a "If we build it they will come" fantasy.

An earlier poster was right, if there's no chance of amalgamation build a new city stadium for the two teams to share

Wonder what team they will invite for the glamorous first match at the new ground when it opens, I think we can guess who’s number is on speed dial

Congestion nightmare.

The place gets backed up at the weekend with folk going to McDonalds and KFC.

Imagine that plus match day traffic.

Surely they could have a San Siro style* ground share with Dundee United. Sell one of the stadiums to development, upgrade one of them win win win. Although no doubt this will be shot down by them both in another fine move of Scottish football being so short sighted, they can't see the opportunity to develop/ advance.

*slightly smaller capacity maybe.
Or sell both and build a new ground to share

It's a bold plan but can't see it getting any further than the drawings above.

15,000 seater stadium for a club that gets 5,000 is very ambitious.

It's a bold plan but can't see it getting any further than the drawings above.

15,000 seater stadium for a club that gets 5,000 is very ambitious.
New stadiums attract bigger crowds, but they'll be nowhere near filling it unless they are playing Rangers, Celtic or Dundee United.

Inverness nearly 30 years on still hasn't got over amalgamation. It's hard to say the Dundee's should do the same, but I still think they should...
New team with a new stadium but keeps a conjoined history of both clubs. Easy to say from the outside

Personally I’d sell dens , groundshare at Utd , build a shiny new stand behind the goal for the Dundee fans to use & invest in an up to date hybrid pitch.

Exactly what you want to hear while the curtain comes down in front of your your late mothers coffin….a huge cheer as the away team puts a 4th past your team. Mixed use indeed!
I don't think they'll be having cremations at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

No teams can fill a stand never mind a stadium without rangers and ceptic, why would they build a new stadium?

They're currently fifth in the Scottish Championship.

Think there's as much chance as me having a threesome with Margot Robbie and Dua Lipa as this getting built to the spec in that pic.

Back