Dundee FC's proposed new ground

Dundee United said no to a ground share

A property company is building the stadium for dundee on the condition that they get some nearby ground for their developments.

Dundee will have a swanky new stadium for relatively cheap. Then they sell the club for profit which was the objective all along.

Source : Nelms

You can make it look as nice and practical as possible when there is no chance of it ever coming to fruition.

aWg6qy2_460s.jpg

Cool seein as he is sharing, here is my proposed new wife!

Any ground share with utd, or involvement with the Uni, would guarantee another plastic pitch.

Not that this will ever happen.

Its bizarre they dont ground-share. Half the costs, half the liabilities etc. Id get it if they were massive clubs challenging for titles etc. But when your income via fans and tv revenues is a pittance, god knows why you wouldnt ground-share.

Hearts regularly fill their stands without Rangers or Celtic.
You keep posting this nonsense. But they’ve never once filled the new tiny Tynie.
And don’t bother to post links to that stuff they keep putting up on their official club Twitter about sell outs. At every single one of these, the Gorgie Road stand has had loads of empty seats at the actual game everytime. This is the kind of thing Man City used to get slaughtered for.

They should flatten Tannadice, build a new stadium they can share on the site, use Dens whilst it's getting built and then flatten Dens.

That'll be £10k consultation, please.:))

I would go a step further and amalgante both clubs and that way no issues about sharing a stadium and they might even fill half a 15k stadium every 2nd week.

You keep posting this nonsense. But they’ve never once filled the new tiny Tynie.
And don’t bother to post links to that stuff they keep putting up on their official club Twitter about sell outs. At every single one of these, the Gorgie Road stand has had loads of empty seats at the actual game everytime. This is the kind of thing Man City used to get slaughtered for.

Last edited:
It's a good thing for Dundee as a club and Scottish football. Not convinced it'll materialise.

IMO, still completely missed a trick not getting involved with Utd and doing something down at the Waterfront though.

Ohhhh good another bland unimaginative 4 box stands …..That said Dens park is an absolute hole so anything is an improvement

Trouble is, with the state of Scottish football finances (thanks SPFL) there is very little money to be able to fund these kind of projects. They will always be minimalist and functional and as low cost as possible.
With the amount of money sloshing about in the English game you can add design elements in new stadium builds like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton etc, but that cannot happen in Scotland.
I would even say that Us and them would struggle to develop quality stadiums should we ever have to do a major rebuild.

Where do you propose they get these extra fans from?
Dundee hibs! said for along time that that town doesn't justify two football clubs. And they wonder why they can't fill the ground they have now.

Scotland doesn't have the football following population sufficient to justify what some people believe the SPFL is capable of. And I include the recent nonsense that came out about wanting to build the brand and attract more people and make teams more competitive in Europe.

Folk not turning up are the missing seats. Same as the ones at Ibrox.

If you sell out all tickets for an even it's a sell out.

They've opened a ticket exchange a few times this season after a game has been sold out.

I heard it is going to have some fix rooms in each stand, so their junkie fans can get a wee fix before the game and they aren't twitching for 90 mins

Would you ground share with our rival?
That's not exactly an apples for apples comparison. However two adjacent dilapidated stadiums across the road from one another owned by two financially struggling clubs would be a model.

Add this to the excellent work that has been done rejuvenating the waterfront in Dundee along with stadia hotels like MK and TECA then I would say there is benefit.

They can’t fill the stadium they’ve got just now at a reduced capacity, What chance they got of filling this one ?

Also a crematorium? Is that where they’ll be cooking the burnt pehs ?

Trouble is, with the state of Scottish football finances (thanks SPFL) there is very little money to be able to fund these kind of projects. They will always be minimalist and functional and as low cost as possible.
With the amount of money sloshing about in the English game you can add design elements in new stadium builds like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton etc, but that cannot happen in Scotland.
I would even say that Us and them would struggle to develop quality stadiums should we ever have to do a major rebuild.
Yeah I get that but I see some great wee stadiums in Sweden or Norway which are around 15000 capacity (Molde) for instance which are imaginative bowls as opposed to these bland ones we build with no corners

Dundee and their support are f*cking delusional if they believe all this utter shite being spewed by their American owner about building a new stadium. The same crap that Mr Colgate teeth has been feeding to the gormless sheep support. They’ll both still be playing their football in their antiquated stadiums in 10 yrs time.

Back