Dundee game not on TV in UK ?

What is the background to why we are having away games at 3pm? In the past the majority were picked up for Sky etc but that is 2 games already away that have been at 3pm and not available for UK viewers.

What is the background to why we are having away games at 3pm? In the past the majority were picked up for Sky etc but that is 2 games already away that have been at 3pm and not available for UK viewers.
Nature of Sky's contract having 48 games and scheduling of the fixture itself

Sky only showing 48 games this season instead of 60. Limit on how many home games you can show for each club. Other (English) matches seen by Sky as preferable.

We don’t have a divine right to have every Away game shown live on TV and nor do the Dhims. Many match-going fans are loving having Saturday afternoon footie.

It beggars belief that Sky are actually now showing fewer SPFL games than in previous seasons.

What a small time, regressive move.

Commercial madness from SKY so far this season. Not something associated with them down the years.
It beggars belief that Sky are actually now showing fewer SPFL games than in previous seasons.

What a small time, regressive move.
Sky have never wanted a huge amount of games surprised at the 48 games they have

When Setanta went bust in 2009 they didn't want 60 games hence why a 2nd broadcaster came on board and split it 30 games each

Sky only showing 48 games this season instead of 60. Limit on how many home games you can show for each club. Other (English) matches seen by Sky as preferable.

We don’t have a divine right to have every Away game shown live on TV and nor do the Dhims. Many match-going fans are loving having Saturday afternoon footie.
Not that I want to spark a debate between those lucky enough to get tickets and those than can’t but being a huge club in a small country, where distances are far from prohibitive to travel, a huge number of fans would want to watch the game and because of stupid contracts and legislation, they are having to seek illegal methods.

Rangers could easily sell 15.000 tickets for tomorrow.

Not that I want to spark a debate between those lucky enough to get tickets and those than can’t but being a huge club in a small country, where distances are far from prohibitive to travel, a huge number of fans would want to watch the game and because of stupid contracts and legislation, they are having to seek illegal methods.

Rangers could easily sell 15.000 tickets for tomorrow.
Nothing illegal about buying it on DeeTv mate. Nor is there anything illegal about using a VPN and watching it on RangersTV. Both perfectly legitimate.

There are very few stadia that Rangers visit where the ticket availability is sufficient to meet demand. Hence the significant number of posters you will see on here talking about RangersTV. Unless you use Sky for other stuff I’d thoroughly recommend ditching it for a RangersTV subscription. Pays for itself that way - and you’d never miss another domestic game.

Nothing illegal about buying it on DeeTv mate. Nor is there anything illegal about using a VPN and watching it on RangersTV. Both perfectly legitimate.

There are very few stadia that Rangers visit where the ticket availability is sufficient to meet demand. Hence the significant number of posters you will see on here talking about RangersTV. Unless you use Sky for other stuff I’d thoroughly recommend ditching it for a RangersTV subscription. Pays for itself that way - and you’d never miss another domestic game.
So anyone can legally buy the game from Dundee and watch it in Scotland? I’m not familiar with the rules as they keep changing.

So anyone can legally buy the game from Dundee and watch it in Scotland? I’m not familiar with the rules as they keep changing.
Yeah mate they can - for this season anyway. Blackout of tomorrows game is only in England. Link to DeeTV - if you don’t fancy RangersTV - is above. Post #6. £12.50. With RangersTV it’s £9.99 if you have a VPN.

No we don’t - but sky don’t have a divine right to charge more money for less.

They can GTF with their garbage coverage since it’s only fans of us and them that make their deal worthwhile since they are the only games worth televising.

illegal streams seem the way to go.

No we don’t - but sky don’t have a divine right to charge more money for less.

They can GTF with their garbage coverage since it’s only fans of us and them that make their deal worthwhile since they are the only games worth televising.

illegal streams seem the way to go.
RangersTV is the way to go mate.

Yup, and I‘m very happy to do so. Spent well over £100 in the last year on our own coverage. But also have Sky and dont like to hear their crap coverage being accepted.
Been about 2 years since I ditched both Sky and BTSports. Manage absolutely fine without them. And now get the added bonus of live B Team and Womens Team matches. Hard to keep up some weeks.:)

Sky have never wanted a huge amount of games surprised at the 48 games they have

When Setanta went bust in 2009 they didn't want 60 games hence why a 2nd broadcaster came on board and split it 30 games each
I really don’t understand this.

There are several Sky Sports channels and many of them show repeats. These could be slots showing Scottish football instead.

If they don’t think the market is there then why bother bidding for the SPFL rights at all?

Come back BT all is forgiven.

You can't (legally) watch any live football in the UK on a Saturday afternoon.

You can.

Its league/club dependant though. I could watch the Dumbarton game online tomorrow anywhere in the world other than England. English FA are enforcing a blackout for some reason.

I really don’t understand this.

There are several Sky Sports channels and many of them show repeats. These could be slots showing Scottish football instead.

If they don’t think the market is there then why bother bidding for the SPFL rights at all?

Come back BT all is forgiven.
Much of it will down to the those who running the SPFL for the type of deal in place I include the clubs in that

2 channels they only show Scottish Football on - Football (Main channel) and Main Event (simulcast)

Dundee like a number of our games have had to be Saturday as when they picked the September games back in July due to potential Champions League games plus they have to factor in other contracts but that shouldn't stop them showing games

EFL - Main Event
SPFL - Football

could have been done tomorrow at 12.30pm

Back