Dundee, the epitome of what's wrong with Scottish football

EssexRangers

In my opinion, Dundee are exactly why Scottish football is viewed so lowly elsewhere.

A tactic-less Manager who is happy to shoehorn 'has-beens' into his side, for whatever reason.
A team with no direction, leadership or desire to compete, just happy to make up the SPL numbers.
Happy to play fat, unfit bloaters...probably been told to by their mentally challenged masters.
A Managing Director happy to be made an idiot of for the sake of few loan deals and maybe a friendly (because their last 'friendly' with them ended without incident)
Even for free, playing a suspected Paedophile who clearly doesn't even train anymore, is still too expensive.
McPake says it was good to see his team mates stick up for him, I bet they'd rather see the back of his circus.
No youngsters in the team, all aging or aged journeymen. No prospects coming through (that I have know of)

I fully understand there is not a lot of money kicking about, out with the Old Firm, but they just seem an utter shambles from top to toe.

They were the team of my Father and I always had a soft spot for them.
But they are utter rubbish and embarrassing now.

Nelms as an owner/Director ....Coward
McPake as a Manager...laughable
Tactics...none
Prospects...none
Integrity...none
Dignity....hahahahaha...stop laughing!

Is it possible to have 2 Tesco's in one street?

They were pish, but I dont think they are close to some of the killie teams we have seen, there were a few bad tackles, but nothing like the assaults from Killie

Couldn't believe how poor they were. I don't remember an opposition no. 9 who sauntered about the pitch and never made one attempt to press any of our players as much as today.

In fairness, I’m not really sure what managers of smaller teams are supposed to do when they’re facing the Old Firm away from home.

Chances are they’re going to get a bit of a doing because both ourselves and the Yahoos can afford to buy much better players.

Ergo, frustration and / or damage limitation is about the best they can hope for.

People laughably commended Brian Rice and Hamilton for trying to have a go last season and they got slaughtered 8-0.

That’s going to make most other managers think twice.

They come across as a Ned’s XI on the swally tour group , sad sad stuff , although there recent form has been of a good level they have been scoring goals .

Today was too much for them we played well and the constant threat and control allied to our discipline and no little talent meant they were genuinely out of there depth .

Today’s match was absolutely nothing like the Dens league match if you recall we were a shambles and that is why they were extremely unlucky to lose that one .

Dundee were pish. So in that case I should stop getting excited about the team starting to play better under Gio, as it’s nothing to do with the new management team, because it’s just that Dundee we’re sh!te

It's a wee day out for them with a wee game of footie thrown in, back on the bus to Dundee with fish suppers and maybe a wee stop off on the way back for a pint? What's not to like.

They might have been poor today but they gave us an almighty scare at Dens. But for a Cummings missed penalty we would have drawn there. I remember in the opening thirty minutes they were far better than us and should have been one or two goals up.

In my opinion, Dundee are exactly why Scottish football is viewed so lowly elsewhere.

A tactic-less Manager who is happy to shoehorn 'has-beens' into his side, for whatever reason.
A team with no direction, leadership or desire to compete, just happy to make up the SPL numbers.
Happy to play fat, unfit bloaters...probably been told to by their mentally challenged masters.
A Managing Director happy to be made an idiot of for the sake of few loan deals and maybe a friendly (because their last 'friendly' with them ended without incident)
Even for free, playing a suspected Paedophile who clearly doesn't even train anymore, is still too expensive.
McPake says it was good to see his team mates stick up for him, I bet they'd rather see the back of his circus.
No youngsters in the team, all aging or aged journeymen. No prospects coming through (that I have know of)

I fully understand there is not a lot of money kicking about, out with the Old Firm, but they just seem an utter shambles from top to toe.

Tactics...none
Prospects...none
Integrity...none

Used to be the good-ish guys of the festering shitehole that is Dundee (yes city).
Their chairman is a crooked bastard, their manager a papish, would-be wide boy and his team full of no marks.
Easy 3 points.

Their manager is brutal, the squad of players is dreadful. Absolutely no interest in trying to play football - more interested in grabbing, pulling shirts, committing fouls and trying to run down the clock.

They aren’t even fit.

I watched Dundee a few times in the Championship last season and was really looking forward to today. To see a team hitting a bit of form and to see Charlie Adam in the flesh.

I was very very disappointed with Dundee today. By far the worst team performance I've seen at Ibrox this season. Very sad.

In the JumpJets back pocket....some nerve playing their prize from the voting fiasco. C*nt should have had two yellows. If he was fit enough to last 90 minutes, he'd have seen red, guaranteed.

They might have been poor today but they gave us an almighty scare at Dens. But for a Cummings missed penalty we would have drawn there. I remember in the opening thirty minutes they were far better than us and should have been one or two goals up.
With all due respect, this is an absolute pointless post.

In fairness, I’m not really sure what managers of smaller teams are supposed to do when they’re facing the Old Firm away from home.

Chances are they’re going to get a bit of a doing because both ourselves and the Yahoos can afford to buy much better players.

Ergo, frustration and / or damage limitation is about the best they can hope for.

People laughably commended Brian Rice and Hamilton for trying to have a go last season and they got slaughtered 8-0.

That’s going to make most other managers think twice.
How you doing, James?

WTF. Is this post all about .....?

Jesus F#uck, how you doing, James, how do you think you'll get on next week ?

Last edited:
Typical team from this country. Team manager celtic minded and a huge amount of players the same. Most are finished but still get bought and played.

Tactics...none
Prospects...none
Integrity...none

They are completely infested by the other side however I thought they tried to attack when possible and contributed to a decent game
No rolling about in challenges like hivs Aberdeen etc
Don’t get me wrong fckn hate them and there board

Back