Dundee, the epitome of what's wrong with Scottish football

The poorest team to visit Ibrox this season in league matches.

To be honest, they get what they deserve. Their recruitment is shocking, obviously nothing in a youth development to talk about and a manager that no one would trust to loan players out to, unless of course the loanee is a terrorist, peadophile.

If the ref didn't constantly let them away with pulling and chopping players down maybe they'd be forced to try and play some football.

Still can't believe he didn't book Elliott for that foul on Sakala in the opening stages.

It's embarrassing that Scottish refs are still happy to allow jobbers to "give one out". It's why they often get caught cold in European competition.

Griffiths should have been off as well. Muir was terrible today.

Last edited:
Made a similar point to my auld man. Fair enough they don't have anything close to the resources we do but wtf do they do in training all week? Do you need to have our wage bill to organise and time pressing the opponents, man marking, organising a defence etc?

They had one chance and that was due to a fck up from McGregor and Kamara but hee-haw else.

Kinda pointless them even showing up.

Diddy team and scumbag manager trying to say our players were at fault for griffiths being his typical weasel-idiot self
Remove the name of the player and you could be talking about 90% of Scottish Clubs.

His team badly lost 3-0 and continued their worst-in-the-League away form, even then it couldve been a bigger beating with Rangers missing a number of really good chances.

Does the Manager take responsibility?

Why bother, in fact why bother even being honest when you can just say something negative about Rangers and youll face no other scrutiny for your own and your team's failure(s).

Thats basically your meal ticket in Scotland.

No wonder the mentally challengeds murdered them earlier in the season. They are a certainty to go down.

And another thing - how they nearly got a draw off us was absolutely criminal.

Is it possible to have 2 Tesco's in one street?
New Douglas Park is adjacent to the site of Old Douglas Park, sold to, and still occupied by, a Sainsbury’s. In fact, as that end of NDP is open, people call it “the Sainsbury end”.

Incredibly, there’s a Morrisons even closer to NDP, running along the side of the park facing the main stand - behind the “gazebo”.

I have never, anywhere else, seen two rival supermarkets so close together.

And a football ground’s still there!

I must admit pre game i thought theyd have a stubborn defense thinking we might be in for a frustrating day but they were poor a team of utter dung.

I know a few of the young lads in the team ( in fact I work with one of their mums (no pics).

They are actually decent players for their age, and could go on to be good players. However McPake as alienated all of them, with promises of first team games, then forcing them out of the squad altogether due to has beens.

One player who has gone out on loan, the club he is on loan with are giving him next to no game time just now at McPakes request, and indeed the lad doesn’t know if it’s a case of he’s going to be recalled from just sit on the bench if he is lucky or if McPake is just being a tit.

McPake just got lucky as he promoted them, but he is poor and he genuinely thinks Leigh Griffiths will sign for them next season once his fitness is better

To look at that team, the state their in and to think they're a premiership team is embarrassing.

McJake as a Manager.... That's criminal

To give them some credit, they’re the first team that’s not spent 10 minutes taking goal kicks and just launching them long, they had their tactic of playing out and trying to keep the ball.

Didn’t work but they tried at least.

Their central defence was terrible. I would class both our first two goals as own goals and there were three defenders round Alfie for the third.

On saying that, we were the better team in all areas of the park and Griffiths should have been sent off.

Still can't believe he didn't book Elliott for that foul on Sakala in the opening stages.

It's embarrassing that Scottish refs are still happy to allow jobbers to "give one out". It's why they often get caught cold in European competition.

Griffiths should have been off as well. Muir was terrible today.
Said as much on the match thread. The obligatory free hit at a Rangers player, which meant his next assault should have seen him red carded instead of being his first yellow.

However, I don't think Elliott had another bad foul in the game.

As for allowing jobbers to give one out? It is very seldom a Rangers player is allowed that same luxury.

Been a few teams like that, Hamilton were an embarrassment to be in the top league.

Plastic pitch, scaffolding behind the goals for some reason, seemed to get horsed all season then decide half way through that they didn't fancy relegation and stay up by the skin of their teeth.

New Douglas Park is adjacent to the site of Old Douglas Park, sold to, and still occupied by, a Sainsbury’s. In fact, as that end of NDP is open, people call it “the Sainsbury end”.

Incredibly, there’s a Morrisons even closer to NDP, running along the side of the park facing the main stand - behind the “gazebo”.

I have never, anywhere else, seen two rival supermarkets so close together.

And a football ground’s still there!
So, there is hope for Tannadice street yet then.
The sooner the better for me, I'd rather have some more Junior clubs in the leagues than those two.

In my opinion, Dundee are exactly why Scottish football is viewed so lowly elsewhere.

A tactic-less Manager who is happy to shoehorn 'has-beens' into his side, for whatever reason.
A team with no direction, leadership or desire to compete, just happy to make up the SPL numbers.
Happy to play fat, unfit bloaters...probably been told to by their mentally challenged masters.
A Managing Director happy to be made an idiot of for the sake of few loan deals and maybe a friendly (because their last 'friendly' with them ended without incident)
Even for free, playing a suspected Paedophile who clearly doesn't even train anymore, is still too expensive.
McPake says it was good to see his team mates stick up for him, I bet they'd rather see the back of his circus.
No youngsters in the team, all aging or aged journeymen. No prospects coming through (that I have know of)

I fully understand there is not a lot of money kicking about, out with the Old Firm, but they just seem an utter shambles from top to toe.

They were the team of my Father and I always had a soft spot for them.
But they are utter rubbish and embarrassing now.

Nelms as an owner/Director ....Coward
McPake as a Manager...laughable
Tactics...none
Prospects...none
Integrity...none
Dignity....hahahahaha...stop laughing!

How they finished the match with 11 men on the pitch is beyond me

If you are a club that’s will to consider signing griffiths - who is clearly toxic and clinically obese - the culture within your club is quite simply, wrong.

Not sure what folk expect from poor teams coming to Ibrox. They are hardly going to play open and expansive football, FFS.

In my opinion, Dundee are exactly why Scottish football is viewed so lowly elsewhere.

A tactic-less Manager who is happy to shoehorn 'has-beens' into his side, for whatever reason.
A team with no direction, leadership or desire to compete, just happy to make up the SPL numbers.
Happy to play fat, unfit bloaters...probably been told to by their mentally challenged masters.
A Managing Director happy to be made an idiot of for the sake of few loan deals and maybe a friendly (because their last 'friendly' with them ended without incident)
Even for free, playing a suspected Paedophile who clearly doesn't even train anymore, is still too expensive.
McPake says it was good to see his team mates stick up for him, I bet they'd rather see the back of his circus.
No youngsters in the team, all aging or aged journeymen. No prospects coming through (that I have know of)

I fully understand there is not a lot of money kicking about, out with the Old Firm, but they just seem an utter shambles from top to toe.

They were the team of my Father and I always had a soft spot for them.
But they are utter rubbish and embarrassing now.

Nelms as an owner/Director ....Coward
McPake as a Manager...laughable
Tactics...none
Prospects...none
Integrity...none
Dignity....hahahahaha...stop laughing!

1-0 at dens and dundee missed a pen...

Back