Dundee United open talks over drastic wage cuts

Dundee United open talks with Micky Mellon and players over drastic wage cuts​

DUNDEE UNITED have today opened talks with manager Micky Mellon and his players over drastic wage cuts.

SunSport Online can reveal the cash-strapped Tannadice club are desperate to slash their salary bill.

And they’ve approached boss Mellon, his backroom staff and players to ask them to accept a 20 percent drop in money until the end of the season.

Crucially, though, it’s believed the club’s bid to halt spiralling costs does NOT include their summer signings.

Ryan Edwards and Jeando Fuchs have been given big money contracts.

But it’s understood the club doesn’t expect them to accept wage-cuts - which has left their team-mates stunned.

As yet no agreement has been struck.

But after today's discussions United chief Tony Ashgar is hopeful Mellon and his players will agree to the deal being proposed for the next six months.

United’s serious cash worries have mounted because of the Covid-19 crisis with no gate money being earned.

846liUG3-coXtJFpyCHrKh2GRSlvqDynq2eNcmGxSqMP3Px2-ArYhPZoQPvtXCvA2EDm3sWGdstYRA2272eMhTlglWEklcrzv6x_-7dNY9srbR1J9A

Roon ye Tadger!!

They might find it helpful to give Jackie MacNamara a call. Seem to recall that he was involved in a number of innovative financial challenges during his time at Tannadice.

Aw what a shame, terrier pals not willing to help them out. Reap what you sow in life. I wouldn’t miss them if they go bust

Surely to god the rest of the squad won’t accept that. I’m going to presume their individual wages aren’t “that” much so why would they accept 1/5 less whilst their new team mates get paid their full whack

That’s mental

Am I the only one sick of reading this pish, close them down, or make them merge with their equally despicable neeburs, and call them Dundee FC.
They should also knock down both grounds and build a new one to hold all the local fans, a 1000 seater should do it.

We should let shank land know we will sign him and he can leave the bastards under freedom of contract

we then sell him in a cut price deal to hearts for say 200k just to piss Utd off

imagine the tears

Am I the only one sick of reading this pish, close them down, or make them merge with their equally despicable neeburs, and call them Dundee FC.
They should also knock down both grounds and build a new one to hold all the local fans, a 1000 seater should do it.
But what you are preaching is common sense my friend. It will never catch on.

Back