Dundee United v AZ Alkmaar-Live on BBC Scotland

Blue As

Well Known Member
Official Ticketer
UEFA Europa Conference League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg
Kick Off is 8pm.

Looking forward to this. Confident United can get a draw, tough tie regardless.

Hopefully a result similar to Aberdeen v Gronigen a few years back.
They have made a few decent signings in the transfer window so far, however I can't see them getting anything from tonight. 3 or 4 nil to AZ.

Wow just wow and off all Clubs as well.
I can put pettiness aside when it comes to coefficient, as we are likely to be the ones benefitting and Scottish clubs getting tonked in Europe regularly hampers us.
And because their fans always wish us well too.
Couldn’t care about their fans. Folk need to think bigger picture and realise we need these clubs getting results in Europe.

Why?

Why?

And why?
Yup, it’s utterly baffling that this viewpoint is shared by quite so many Bears LE.

Just a decade ago since mostly the whole of top flight Scottish football showed their true colours against Rangers and continue to do so.

Forget other Scottish teams helping with the coefficient, it won’t happen! And f*ck wanting those same Scottish teams to win in Europe. We’ll do it by ourselves!

Does that make me narrow minded? Nope. Does it make me hateful? Maybe. Do I give a fūck? Nope.

Looking forward to this. Confident United can get a draw, tough tie regardless.

Hopefully a result similar to Aberdeen v Gronigen a few years back.
I wont want them to win but won't be disappointed if they do. Need those coefficient points.

Rangers just reached a European final, and Celtic got straight into the champions league despite all the other Scottish clubs being dog meat in Europe and hardly winning a game for years.

These early qualifiers do next to nothing for the overall coefficient, and by the time the matches are played with decent coefficient points the SPFL dross will be long gone.

And anyway, after 2012 I can't begin to understand why any Rangers fan could ever want this shower to win tonight.

Rangers just reached a European final, and Celtic got straight into the champions league despite all the other Scottish clubs being dog meat in Europe and hardly winning a game for years.

These early qualifiers do next to nothing for the overall coefficient, and by the time the matches are played with decent coefficient points the SPFL dross will be long gone.

And anyway, after 2012 I can't begin to understand why any Rangers fan could ever want this shower to win tonight.
So who do you fancy then?

Celtic got straight into the champions league because both sides of the old firm were picking up coefficient points over the past few years and reaching the latter rounds of the Europa league. In addition to Russian clubs being banned, without which the league winners would have had to have played a qualifier.

As you know, we won the league and got papped out the qualifiers by a no mark team - which can be avoidable in the future.

Said points are worth less this season due to having more clubs playing in Europe, to get the the automatic CL spot we need clubs picking up points, as there’s pretty much no chance of Celtic getting any this season.

I’d rather we didn’t have to go back to playing 83 games to qualify. Need to hope Hearts rack up a few wins in the ECL, as I don’t think United will be getting through this.

5 teams now qualify for Europe from Scotland. That means points gained are divided by 5 as opposed to 4 which it was previously, we simply need teams from Scotland to start winning a couple of qualifiers each season.

I can put pettiness aside when it comes to coefficient, as we are likely to be the ones benefitting and Scottish clubs getting tonked in Europe regularly hampers us.

Couldn’t care about their fans. Folk need to think bigger picture and realise we need these clubs getting results in Europe.
Didn't need them last season.....

That was true when only 4 teams were playing european football as the others not doing anything didn't have as big a negative impact but with five teams now we really need the other Scottish clubs to at least get through a qualifying round or two.

We made a european final last season and still only finished 11th in the rankings, the bonus point for making that final was the difference between 11th and 13th. If you're not one of the top 15 countries you don't even have access to the Europa League anymore unless you fail in the champions league qualifiers. We finished 7th the two years previous and 10th the first year under Gerrard despite not having a club reach further than the round of 16 in any of those. You don't have to support them but them just picking up anywhere from 2 to 4 points benefits us.

I can’t see them having much chance of keeping the tie alive in the 2nd leg, never mind progressing.

That said AZ may be brittle, this is a team who couldn’t progress past a Celtic team which was stumbling from one disaster to the next last summer.

It’s a free hit for Dundee United. Unlike that embarrassing shitshow Motherwell served up, Utd have nothing to lose

I can’t see them having much chance of keeping the tie alive in the 2nd leg, never mind progressing.

That said AZ may be brittle, this is a team who couldn’t progress past a Celtic team which was stumbling from one disaster to the next last summer.

It’s a free hit for Dundee United. Unlike that embarrassing shitshow Motherwell served up, Utd have nothing to lose
Then sold their best player a few weeks later.

Back