Dundee United v Celtic

Apparently we are soon to be very scared indeed:

As i said earlier in the thread i'm still hoping for the greatest comeback in the history of sport unfolding for us in the same way i watch the lottery and thunderball draws dreaming of getting the jackpot. IF we win the next 2 games which is a big ask i get a gut feeling Sky will be pushing for the first split game to be at Ibrox to make it a showcase game with the league still alive. Lets say that happens and we beat them again and their next fixture after that is something like Aberdeen, Hibs or Livi away. An unlikely defeat there combined with a few injuries their arses will start making buttons even if they only need 1 point from the last 3 games. Just cast your mind back to 1998 and say our last 3 fixtures were Hearts, Hibs away and St Johnstone at home and we only needed 1 point to win our first league in 10 years after losing the previous 3 fixtures which included 2 defeats to Rangers. You would be in panic mode.

From smellydale Street sevco thread.

I don't see them winning today, which will be very anti climatic, compared to Morelos scoring the league winner proper in a fortnight. Hard to think what's best really.

Will watch it and unbelievably go to work afterwards.I could fu*king greet:eek:.
Only upside to it is if they fu*k up I’m going to enjoy watching the rheptiles I work with mopping about.
A thing called a telephone was invented, by a Scotsman no less.

This device allows you to contact a superior or admin and advise them of an illness you have that will prevent you from attending your workplace.

The vast majority of their own fans want them to drop points.
Think they've forgot about their team clapping their Champions on to the piggery pitch though. :))

Apparently we are soon to be very scared indeed:

From smellydale Street sevco thread.
The 6 points from the remaining games v us have acquired the same mythical status as the 9 points they had banked from the three games in hand. They got 1/9, now they’ll get 0/6.

I’m probably the odd one out here, but I hope the filth drop points here. I would rather walk into Sharkheid as champions than have a nervy game and potentially give them something to celebrate if we didn’t win.
I was in two minds before, but after today's catharsis, I hope they get absolutely pumped. Though an against-the-run-of-play Dundee Utd. victory will do just as well.

'Today' on my side of the world.

Another wee bonus, if Dundee United take points off that mhob today, Micky Mellon will take to his grave the fact that he put the very final nail in the coffin of "the ten".

Last edited:
I’m probably the odd one out here, but I hope the filth drop points here. I would rather walk into Sharkheid as champions than have a nervy game and potentially give them something to celebrate if we didn’t win.

You're not, the only odd people are those that want a Celtic win.

Personally I want it won today. I don’t really care about winning it at the tattiedome as there is every chance we could lose that game then it’s ages until the next game.
Would be great if they concede a last min equaliser

I'll be a bit annoyed if they win today. This weekend has been brilliant so far and I want the title sealed asap and stroll into the piggery as champions. Dundee better turn up this afternoon!

Back