Dundee Utd chief considered asking for the season to be brought to a halt

i think he is talking nonsense about halting the season but probably not far off in his assessment of how football is viewed by the government
Agreed. No time for his club, but it’s very clear that they view football and the honest working class fans as an inconvenient part of the country that would rather didn’t exist.

Club legend Sean Dillon who is that never heard of him .
If wanting season finished I take it they don’t want any prize money , TV money ?
Oh we’re they not he club going to be asking for a million pound hand out as well .
Rot in hell !!

If wanting season finished I take it they don’t want any prize money , TV money ?
Oh we’re they not he club going to be asking for a million pound hand out as well .
Rot in hell !!

Rot in hell !!

Rot in hell !!

There struggling they massively overspend in the championship to come up they've just asked there fans group for 100k i hope they suffer

If he is a bear maybe just maybe he is trolling (if that's the right word - over 70's loyal) the dhims.

So whats his reason for wanting the league stopped ?
Money.

Asghar – who says United are working on an insurance claim “which is a game-changer” – believes a Scottish football war could break out again in 2020/21 if Covid-19 halts football.

The equivalent of burnley asking if they can cancel the epl because it would help them with some insurance claims

I have mutual friends with his son Adam (who used to play for Motherwell and is now head of academy coaching at DU) on FB and he certainly seems to be a bear :D

B314-E373-D260-4-C1-D-8-AB9-8891993-A954-A.jpg
Yeah definitely one of us he goes/went to games with a few guys I know that he is best mates with. Not sure if he still gets to games with his coaching role but he gave up playing at around 22/23 to take up coaching.

It's hard to sympathise with them given the money they've spent to get up from championship ask players to take a wage cut then bring in McNulty on allegedly 5k a week.

Reactions: FSM
Some folk do get their panties all wet and twisted when anybody mentions this. It won’t happen!

What an absolute disgrace.
The way his club have behaved the last season or two, a carefree attitude to finance, celebrating a tainted title, asking their own supporters trust for a bailout...yet they seem to think they can dictate to others about how the game should be run.

I used to work with Adam, hes a good lad and one of us, don't know what the outrage is over his dad's comments as being an ex agent his main priority is always going to be with who's paying his wages and what exact weight would his words hold to start with ?

Reactions: FSM
Reading and listening to the story I get the impression that through lack of help from the government it made them consider it, doesn't sound like it's something they want to move forward?
To me it comes across more having a go at the government officials for their lack of support to "working" class football compared to the "middle" class rugby re grants etc.

With a vaccine being rolled out, albeit slowly in Scotland, it is ridiculous that this is still a talking point. Surely we’re not that far away from clubs buying doses for their players and staff?

Ah, big Tony, played with him at Drumchapel Amateurs season 86-87. Can't remember if I knew he was with Rangers as a youth and can't specifically remember if he was a Rangers supporter but I can tell you his football playing claim to fame is getting sent off for putting the boot in Mathias Sammer. Also, and contrary to a previous post, Tony can't be 54 as we were an under 18 team in 86-87 and I was, actually, an under 17 at the time and I am now 51. I would put his age at 52 or possibly an early 53.

Ah, big Tony, played with him at Drumchapel Amateurs season 86-87. Can't remember if I knew he was with Rangers as a youth and can't specifically remember if he was a Rangers supporter but I can tell you his football playing claim to fame is getting sent off for putting the boot in Mathias Sammer. Also, and contrary to a previous post, Tony can't be 54 as we were an under 18 team in 86-87 and I was, actually, an under 17 at the time and I am now 51. I would put his age at 52 or possibly an early 53.

Turned 52 in December

He's a Rangers fan and was in the Rangers youth system.

Back