MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was an unfortunate deflection from Davis. He got the break on Tuesday. These things even out. What was dissapointing was the lack of efforts on target. Kent has been very poor all season in the games that count. Is there offers which are affecting him? Wright wasn’t much better. We need these guys to beat men. Very little of that today. lets use it as motivation for Tuesday. Huge game.

I said in the summer the defence needed improvement and got laughed at when we played in Europe last season we shipped a fair few goals. If we want to get to the next level the defense needs looked at.
I agree, For too many posters on this site criticism of Tav, for example, is akin to a form of heresy. I suggested he had defensive liabilities last season and my post was met with a storm of hostility.

But there is a reason that Rangers haven't had to field serious any offers from EPL clubs for Tav, it is simply because they don't rate him.

We were miles off it and our season is in real danger of taking a battering on Tuesday night if these players don’t perform we look so lacklustre and that’s 3 errors that have cost 3 goals in 2 matches not good enough and defeat on Tuesday would be catastrophic

We were poor in malmo. We were chronically bad today. But, its the second game. We are at worst level with Celtic. We were missing jack, roofe, hagi. Lundstrum and davis together doesn’t work, the manager will realise that.

we have a huge game on Tuesday and we will hit our stride. Celtic are still not great. We will be fine.

chill

If our players are good why have we not had any firm offers. Any other clubs watching us play clearly dont rate our players'

I am happy with what we have if they start to put in the effort. We could let two or three go just to get them off the wage bill if they hardly play.

Bring on some of the youngsters and give them a go in the league cup.

Its down to SG to ensure we start to give 100% effort.

I agree, For too many posters on this site criticism of Tav, for example, is akin to a form of heresy. I suggested he had defensive liabilities last season and my post was met with a storm of hostility.

But there is a reason that Rangers haven't had to field serious any offers from EPL clubs for Tav, it is simply because they don't rate him.
Can't argue with that tbh.

Someone was going to beat us one day in the league so get over it, better happening early in season plenty of time to recover. Teams are learning how to play against us is it time for 4-4-2, we looked better against Malmoa when we switched to that system.

Here’s my piece.

They were the better side and wanted it more. The suffocated our def-mid when we were on the ball, leaving us clueless at times.

The team as a whole didn’t show up today.

Haven't read the full thread so here goes...Today was like watching 2 seasons ago.
No urgency and no pace about our play. Even Gerrard seemed muted on the touchline.
It's as if we've regressed with the crowds getting back in.

Haven't read the full thread so here goes...Today was like watching 2 seasons ago.
No urgency and no pace about our play. Even Gerrard seemed muted on the touchline.
It's as if we've regressed with the crowds getting back in.

I don’t agree in regards to the crowds but I said earlier what I have witnessed in our first three competitive games is akin to SG first two seasons.

We were poor in malmo. We were chronically bad today. But, its the second game. We are at worst level with Celtic. We were missing jack, roofe, hagi. Lundstrum and davis together doesn’t work, the manager will realise that.

we have a huge game on Tuesday and we will hit our stride. Celtic are still not great. We will be fine.

chill
The 3 missing were hardly ever present last season for one reason or another so keeper aside it was pretty much full strength.
If we can't score and win against a side filled with average journeymen, academy youths etc we have a problem.
Today won't be the toughest away game/test by a long way and the warning signs are there already.

You saying you'd rather have Aribo and Arfield than Aribo and Wright?
No, Arfield is just about done.
I simply believe Aribo is more effective in a front 3 than in midfield.
However given the lack of balance we currently have in midfield he may have to be utilised there.

It’s not often that an opposition player stands out in these games to me, but I thought Fuchs was excellent for them. He had Kent in his pocket the whole game.

DU looked better in spells than I thought they would be. An irritant for me was when their goalie would get the ball. Big punt as far up the park into our half as he can get it then a melee. And they were doing better in the melee than we were.

is it safe to come on here now, yesterday/last night was like some parallel universe ,the immaturity and self-entitlement of a section of our support is truly staggering,i am usually pretty loathed to have a go at any of our fans , but by f@ck yesterday was beyond the pale, i have to be honest, the fall out on here was really disheartening to myself,

If this had to happen and obviously it had to happen sometime, I would have chosen now rather than later. We have only one rival for the title and this gained them no advantage. At best they're going to be level with us.

Consider it an inevitably and trust in the management team to iron out any issues.

Difficult game to assess without looking ahead to the Malmo game. We played better than we did against Malmo, we controlled the game in large parts, and we missed some good chances that on another day we probably score; Gerrard is right, we didn't deserve to lose the game, but we did and this happens. Kamara will be a big loss come Tuesday, but we have to deal with that.

'Dundee' deserved their win.

They challenged every ball all over the pitch throughout the game.

They rode their luck with Rangers missing good chances and their own single chance came from a deflection that landed perfectly for a player one on one in front of goal.

They won't play better again this season and we won't play worse.

The same (fair) points arise -- we lack an inspiring central leader, to urge and drive the team on when it's needed.

Our central midfield needs a driving, creative player.

We did have trouble getting the ball up front at times, but yet again we're displaying a real unwillingness to take a fecking shot.

DU showed that there really are no longer any "diddy" teams in the Scottish top level -- they're all very organised and individually well-coached. Some of DU's attacks showed how you get forward when in possession.

DU were first to almost every loose ball in midfield, and were always favourites for 50-50 balls.
To me, that's a concern.

Our continual crossing when it's paying no dividends at all is pointless.
And pointless is how we ended up.

If you're going to have a game that is built entirely on crossing, buy a giant of a striker to win the headers then.
Otherwise vary the play -- crosses, dribbles, one-twos, chips, through balls.

imo guys like Kent and Wright show best when they run at defenders and try to get into the box.
Sometimes they'll lose the ball and look daft, but when it pays off, it really works.

There's a point that I haven't seen seen here (although somebody will probably have raised it) -- would any of the players that we released have made a difference ?
Jones ? Possibly, although he too may have had to wait until the last few minutes to get on.
Stewart ? Possibly -- his strength and ability to thread a pass might have been useful up front.

Anyway, as mentioned before, SG takes a lot of the blame for taking so long to get Wright on imo.
We could all see how this was going to play out, and so it did.

Possession is irrelevant. They had 32% and won. Our unbeaten run is irrelevant.

Realism.
My comment of the 68% possession was in response to a comment about us being "outplayed" you have taken my comment out of context.

An unbeaten run of 40 league games is irrelevant ? aye okay

My comment of the 68% possession was in response to a comment about us being "outplayed" you have taken my comment out of context.

An unbeaten run of 40 league games is irrelevant ? aye okay
68% possession isn't an indicator that we weren't outplayed, literally just means we had more of the ball witch United were happy with while they won every 50/50, second ball and played their game plan perfectly, thus outplaying us.

Yes, its irrelevant. What did it do for us yesterday?

The same (fair) points arise -- we lack an inspiring central leader, to urge and drive the team on when it's needed.

Our central midfield needs a driving, creative player.

We did have trouble getting the ball up front at times, but yet again we're displaying a real unwillingness to take a fecking shot.

DU showed that there really are no longer any "diddy" teams in the Scottish top level -- they're all very organised and individually well-coached. Some of DU's attacks showed how you get forward when in possession.

DU were first to almost every loose ball in midfield, and were always favourites for 50-50 balls.
To me, that's a concern.

Our continual crossing when it's paying no dividends at all is pointless.
And pointless is how we ended up.

If you're going to have a game that is built entirely on crossing, buy a giant of a striker to win the headers then.
Otherwise vary the play -- crosses, dribbles, one-twos, chips, through balls.

imo guys like Kent and Wright show best when they run at defenders and try to get into the box.
Sometimes they'll lose the ball and look daft, but when it pays off, it really works.

There's a point that I haven't seen seen here (although somebody will probably have raised it) -- would any of the players that we released have made a difference ?
Jones ? Possibly, although he too may have had to wait until the last few minutes to get on.
Stewart ? Possibly -- his strength and ability to thread a pass might have been useful up front.

Anyway, as mentioned before, SG takes a lot of the blame for taking so long to get Wright on imo.
We could all see how this was going to play out, and so it did.

I've rarely seen a Rangers game at Tannadice, Easter Road, Pittodrie or Tynecastle, where the home team don't play like men possessed and fight for every ball. Unless that intensity is matched by us, then results like yesterday won't be uncommon.

I've rarely seen a Rangers game at Tannadice, Easter Road, Pittodrie or Tynecastle, where the home team don't play like men possessed and fight for every ball. Unless that intensity is matched by us, then results like yesterday won't be uncommon.
Made the same point last night to a few in our club. We go to those places with yesterday’s attitude and we lose. Match them for effort and determination and we win.

68% possession isn't an indicator that we weren't outplayed, literally just means we had more of the ball witch United were happy with while they won every 50/50, second ball and played their game plan perfectly, thus outplaying us.

Yes, its irrelevant. What did it do for us yesterday?
"68% possession isn't an indicator that we weren't outplayed,"

If ever there was an indication that we weren`t outplayed then yes 68% possession is it.

Because a 40 league game unbeaten run comes to an end the 40 league game unbeaten is irrelevant I`ve heard it all now

"68% possession isn't an indicator that we weren't outplayed,"

If ever there was an indication that we weren`t outplayed then yes 68% possession is it.

Because a 40 league game unbeaten run comes to an end the 40 league game unbeaten is irrelevant I`ve heard it all now
What is outplayed to you?

I couldn't give a flying f.uck about the unbeaten record now. It counts for nothing now.

Outplayed is when a team has more possession,especially in the final 3rd and the best chances,which we had.

The unbeaten record counts for nothing now ? it counts for title 55

What is outplayed to you?

I couldn't give a flying f.uck about the unbeaten record now. It counts for nothing now.
Outplayed is when a team has most possession,especially in the final 3rd and the best chances,which we had.

The unbeaten run?
We were unbeaten last season in the league and it gave us the title.
Because we lose a league game is nothing to do with last season, we play to win each match and aspire to win the title again.
I tend to look at our position every 1/4 of the season so wait till then to see how we are doing.
Even if you look at the table today we are even on points with Celtic so hardly a time to panic.
We've got a full house on Tuesday, let's give the team full encouragement to get through this CL qualifier tie.

Outplayed is when a team has most possession,especially in the final 3rd and the best chances,which we had.

Agree to disagree on that.

It counts for 55, which was last season, its a new season now and last season's run counts for f.uck all this season

Back