MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Struggling to remember the last time that happened.
Likewise. Hope to feck we don't make it three in row though. I'm looking for a massive reaction from the players next week against Malmo. I want to see a team that's angry with themselves at the two performances they've just delivered.

Typical start of season pantywetter post, give the guy a break he has only played a few games so far. Judge him once he has played a significant amount of gamea.
Disagree mate he was rubbish at Sheffield last year too
He is slow , cannot tackle and it looks like he has the heart of a mouse

Do some really think we were played off the park,Admittedly I only watch the second half so I’m basing my opinion on that,We didn’t play particularly well but we had the bulk of possession,we did the most pressing and the dab’s got a massive break of the ball in the lead up to their goal,Yes we lost 1 0 dropped 3 points but we were hardly played off the park.

Poor team performance. Started slowly and took a long time to pick things up. Lots of slack passes. Alfredo not match fit. I can’t really think of anyone to give pass marks to. Helander maybe, and Borna put in some nice crosses. It’s a sore one, however, it’s our first defeat in the league in forty games. We will improve.

Don’t talk utter nonsense. Whatever else happened today, and it was shocking, we were nowhere near being played off the park mate.
They were finding their man better than us, they were first to just about every ball. they defended a lot better than us.

We were loathe to shoot, sloppy in possession, defended poorly, couldn't deliver a decent cross and at no time did a goal look likely.

How bad does it need to get before you think we were outplayed.

Last edited:
The team that wants it more always seems to get the break of the ball. It has always been that way. If we had bothered our backsides today we would have had plenty breaks of the ball. But we didn’t.
That is true. Teams that fight and battle most tend to create their own luck.

United were out of the traps to fight for every ball and got their deserved win. Worryingly, we had nothing in the tank today. We looked tired and jaded. We need to get that urgency and desire back, and quickly.

Definitely not played off the park but United would’ve been quite happy for us to pass the ball sideways and backwards right in front of them.

Not Tav’s best game but he was actually the only player that tried to get in behind them. If anyone was going to score it looked like Tav.
I posted in another thread about players making the wrong choices.
What was Tavernier thinking when trying that shot very late in the game?
He had time to take a touch there.

Decision making was non existent. Does my head in that when we are pressing or have a team hemmed in that we try to win an unwinnable ball and give away a cheap free kick. Just stand off and face the player up ffs.

After their initial start and their burst of corners, what pressure did they put us under?
So, I’ll agree with the first twenty or so.
Well they did manage to get the goal.

I'm not making them out to be anything special, just that we were very poor.

They were finding their man better than us, they were first to just about every ball. they defended a lot better than us.

We were loathe to shoot, sloppy in possession, defended poorly, couldn't deliver a decent cross and at no time did a goal look likely.

Rangers had 68% possession and they were outplayed ? we were beaten by a goal from an unfortunate break of the ball after an unbeaten 40 league game run.Perspective.

How bad does it need to get before you think we were outplayed

I agree completely every loose breaking ball found it's way to their player's that can't be down to luck EFFORT must come into the equation at some point and realise you are not putting anything into the game.

Been at work all day, didn't check my phone until 4 this afternoon after clocking over 40k steps during my shift. Took one glance at that result, heart sank and then decided I can't be arsed watching it or even listening to the excuses. Let this be the beginning of an impressive run.

Well they did manage to get the goal.

I'm not making them out to be anything special, just that we were very poor.
We were crap, the worst since, well I can’t remember.
Not even against Hamilton!
However, we were not outplayed!

Suffering from not having a proper pre-season?
Nail on the head for me. Key players involved in the Euros and Copa not involved. New signing in key position struggling to fit in. However, we’ve looked lethargic and need to shake it off ASAP.

As others have pointed out, this seasons title is bigger than last years

One excellent humping of the scum aside....
One draw aside, we won every game.
On top of the one you mention, what about Aberdeen at Ibrox?
Since clinching the league:
1-1 v Celtic.
Post split:
3-0 v Livingston
2-1 v Hibs
1-1 v St.Johnstone
4-1 v Scum
4-0 v Sheep

Pretty poor, eh.

Last edited:
Definitely not played off the park but United would’ve been quite happy for us to pass the ball sideways and backwards right in front of them.

Not Tav’s best game but he was actually the only player that tried to get in behind them. If anyone was going to score it looked like Tav.
It had nil nil written all over it till they got the break of the ball and the boy took full advantage of it.

Apart from the result today the most disappointing thing for me was that not one of them looked up for what was obviously going to be a physical battle. They all need to refocus and start to play like they did last season.

That's fitba! It's to be expected now and again. We never got a break all game - Goldson header could easily have been a goal - matter of inches. How many saves did our keeper have to make?
It's a long season -people should calm down IMO!
And how many saves did their keeper have to make?

Was at the game today and it was like a morgue on the pitch from our players. Never saw 1 player screaming or pulling players about. Very disappointing

Hard to disagree with that. You would think he would understand it as it is what Sheffield United did to better teams.
No disrespect to Sheffield Utd , but they do not expect to win every game. Does he have a winners mentality ? On what he’s shown so far I’d say no.

Dundee Utd are a poor, poor football team and we lost a game to them today, quite incredible and borderline ridiculous really but it’s done.

Take the pain and refocus for Malmö.

It’s just that simple.

Rangers had 68% possession and they were outplayed ? we were beaten by a goal from an unfortunate break of the ball after an unbeaten 40 league game run.Perspective.
Possession is irrelevant. They had 32% and won. Our unbeaten run is irrelevant.

Realism.

Back