Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Another spineless, dreadful, deflating performance, devoid of quality & responsibility. We must have set the record today for passes going sideways or backwards.

It must be recognised that we have once again been done by an awful decision - and what's the betting it doesn't get the wall to wall coverage that last week's offside decision got...

However, we used to slag off the likes of Lennon for throwing his players under a bus, but now Gerrard is doing precisely that and there did seem to be a bit of a disconnect between him and the players today.

I don't want him coming on and saying that he's let the players have the floor in the dressing room after that horrific mess - in fact, Murty was absolutely slaughtered on here for saying much the same after one of last season's old firm horrors. IMO that is the type of thing that demonstrates a lack of leadership, not leadership.

If players are not following the agreed game plan I want the manager demonstrably sorting it out on the touchline - calling over the captain, shouting at players etc & not standing motionless.

Bigger picture - things have improved from last season, we are further on than I expected, Europe a pleasing bonus, Gerrard has had only one transfer window, so I still support him.

But as things stand just now we ain't winning the league, that's for sure...

Kind of flat and unenergetic from some...passing and control still shocking at times.

overall a lacklustre performance

I cannot figure out what has changed so drastically that is making the team play like they are. Again today we look devoid of ideas but more worrying absolutely zero self belief. I believe the jersey is simply too big for the majority of our players to fill.

This is nonsense.
Things are bad enough without spouting tripe like this.
Your opinion. It's a results business. On results we have not improved domestically. A fact , not tripe.[/QUOTE]
Why just domestically?
Select the stats you want then stating “fact” isn’t being factual.
Are we closer to the top of the league than twelve months ago?
More points?
Whatever the answer here, that’ll be factual as well.

Tin hat on here but every other player is getting dogs abuse so I'm just going to say it.

Our defence looked rotten today and has done a few times this season but, at times, I feel Allan McGregor doesn't help.

Now let me first say I think he's been a fantastic (re)signing, has made some huge saves, I doubt we would be in the Europa League Group Stage without him and he's an excellent shot stopper.

BUT, he's honestly rooted to his line at times.

It's particularly noticeable at cross balls but even at long balls that are played in behind our defence. I'm not blaming him for the first goal, Worrall and Goldson conspired to make a cunt of that but I never feel he's particularly commanding in those situations.

If you look at some of the top, top keepers (Ederson at City, Lloris, Neuer) they're all very proactive at rushing off their line to snuff out potential situations before they arrise. I always feel like McGregor is reluctant to leave his goal line and quite slow to react to balls that he could potentially be coming out and dealing with.

I realise, having said all that, he's the least of our worries.

Ederson,Lloris,Neuer and superman would look shite with Worrell in front of them,he just hasnt got it.

I think we would all agree. Regardless of our expectations at the start of the year, we should not be dropping points to a 10 man last placed side.

Has our home form really been that good though as far as being consistent for 90 minutes?

I haven’t missed many home games this year
An we’ve played some great stuff
Maybe not for 90 min
But that’s a bit much to expect imo

An we lost our first game in 17 home matches
Last Wednesday

An if we don’t lose at home for another 17
I’ll be more than happy

But if your talking about overall play an in the 90 min an not results

Then we have not hit top form in every home game
Good half’s an bad half’s some home games

I haven’t missed many home games this year
An we’ve played some great stuff
Maybe not for 90 min
But that’s a bit much to expect imo

An we lost our first game in 17 home matches
Last Wednesday

An if we don’t lose at home for another 17
I’ll be more than happy

But if your talking about overall play an in the 90 min an not results

Then we have not hit top form in every home game
Good half’s an bad half’s some home games
Results count,no doubts about that.
You got the point I was trying to make in the last line of your post.:D

Results count,no doubts about that.
You got the point I was trying to make in the last line of your post.:D

Ever time I raise my expectations I get brought back down to earth

So I try not to get too down after results like today
We got ourselves into a great position last week
Why can’t we do it again

Tough times after performances like this week
But wee go again
Football is crazy an we can get the momentum back

That today under Warburton or Pedro would have been unacceptable. It’s no less under Gerrard. Sound bites at press conferences are fine, it’s on the pitch that matters.

Good help us if we sell Morelos. We have developed into a one man team. By that I mean the others refuse to take responsibility and just hope AM dues the business.

Without him we are terrible now. Earlier in the season in EL games everyone wanted the ball.

I look forward to pointless crosses into the box in Vienna. Two games in a row with slow one dimensional unimaginative pish so far.

Goldson needs to have a look at himself. Outwith tynecastle he’s been poor for months, needs to step it up to justify our 2.5/3m spent.
Unfortunately seems to be undroppable. Bar Shagger there’s not a single player that I’d class as undroppable.

That today under Warburton or Pedro would have been unacceptable. It’s no less under Gerrard. Sound bites at press conferences are fine, it’s on the pitch that matters.
The hoardes lap up his soundbites with all the “man love”, 55 and emoji replies. Maybe if we strung some results together Steven we’d all swallow it. I’m smelling bullshit at this moment in time and a lot of frustration.

We've been crap away from home. Full stop.
Got out of jail against St Mirren and some late goals in other fixtures added a false shine to the performances.

Fk sake, Rangers, When hoofing balls into the box clearly isn't working, change it up a bit. Seems like a lack of confidence in the team to take men on and beat them. Still robbed by the linesman though. He does his job right, it's a very different thread.

Ah well, still only 2 off the top. Get Morelos and Arfield in, get back to good form and we're fkn jammin.

Does anyone else feel that we got worse after Rossiter went off?
I thought he was the only one who was lifting his head and trying to surge forward.
No doubt he was blowing out his arse though after such a long lay off.
The subs baffled me yesterday.

Does anyone else feel that we got worse after Rossiter went off?
I thought he was the only one who was lifting his head and trying to surge forward.
No doubt he was blowing out his arse though after such a long lay off.
The subs baffled me yesterday.

The subs didn’t work one bit, Rossiter for me was the only one driving through in midfield
Only him, Grezda and Halliday warned pass marks

A shocking display yet again but the inability to change the tactics and the bizzare substitutions by Gerrard cost us imo.

I'm extremely concerned by some of the performances our defence is being exploited on a regular basis, our midfield is too soft and lacks serious quality and we still lack fire power in the forward areas. It also doesn't help far too many players are badly out of form.

No more excuses and no more dropped points we need to get to January and bring in for me at least 2/3 quality signings.

shocking performance passing, corners and to many players hiding to many of them nowhere near good enough.

Back