Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alfredo Morelos

• Kemar Roofe

• Fashion Sakala

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
What a truly terrible first half. Like Tannadice all over again except we snatched a goal. Just being pressured and over run all over the place. We have to find a way to impose ourself when the opposition run until they die.

1-0 at half time but it’s not been comfortable. Dundee have probably had as many chances as us so far.

Any time we up the tempo we look like cutting them open and creating chances. We are slowing the game down far too often though, a theme that’s been evident all season. The midfield don’t need to be 5 yards in front of the defence, it’s the main reason why we play backwards too often.

Morelos needs to do more up top. He’s really not playing well so far this season. His pass for the goal was excellent but our attacks are breaking down when the ball gets to him far too often.

We still don’t look like we’re playing on instinct and it’s causing us to overplay and pass up good opportunities too often. I think it’s probably down to a lack of confidence throughout the full team at the moment.

A high tempo start to the second half, get the second goal and then we can control the rest of the game hopefully.

Pish again but winning. It all seems so frantic and scrappy with passes bouncing off shins and knees.

Need to actually start having some composure.

I just can't get my head around why we are playing the way we are. It's so slow and lethargic - it's like the whole team constantly need a boot up the arse.

Roofe and Morelos getting pressed instantly when they get the ball, barely getting chances to get turned, that's when we need midfield runs from Aribo and Hagi.

We've taken some real liberties at the back. We've just been a bit casual and slow in general. Bassey may be a bit raw but he gives us great energy on the left.

Dundee are going to get relegated and we are lucky not to be drawing 1-1 here.

Our away performances have been nothing short of abysmal this season, why do we do everything so slow, slack and predictable?

Not been great and we are fortunate Dundee missed those chances - and they've had more clear-cut chances than we have. Thankfully they are shite. Dundee seemed to lose their way/run out of legs around the half hour mark so hopefully we can take advantage of that later.

We've been pretty turgid though and, initially at least, looked all over the place at the back. Would like to see Sakala get a run in behind them at some point - probably on the hour mark. Any good work Morelos and Roofe are doing is when they drop deep.

We've got a lot of possession and of course we've got the goal. In all honesty though, that was a poor 1st half. Gave them a few chances that they shouldn't have got but McLaughlin was wide awake unlike the defence.

We're a bit slack in the passing and keep slowing the game down. When we increased the pace we scored, think that tells us what we need to be doing more of.

Was a red card the challenge towards the end of the game. No control, studs up and nowhere near the ball. Bit of a lunge as well, he should have been off.

We need to come out the traps flying in the 2nd half and put the game to bed nice and early.

Some decent performances 1st half, Hagi Lundstram, Bassey, Aribo, Kamara the rest need to get to their level and we will rattle four or five in.

You won’t watch this Rangers team for entertainment or good football.

It’s scrappy and it’s percentage football but so far we are on the right side of things.

I keep saying someone is due a tanking from us and honestly thought today was the day. After that 1st half, i’ll try again another day…

we really should be clicking and putting in some top performances by now but always feels another week away.

What makes you think someone will take a tanking , it certainly cannot be previous performances.

Making a real meal out of this, so slack and careless and what's with all the aimless long balls? Playing into their hands, they just want to hoof it forward, make it scrappy and play for set pieces and we are helping them!

This is a good example of what a European team would have made us pay with some of the lapses in defence we’ve seen in the first half. We cannot be as vulnerable as we’ve been in the 2nd half nor against Sparta.

Assist for Alfie

Devastating for some of you

As good a lay off as it was, it was difficult for Aribo. His touch and skill turned an awkward ball into a goal.

Only a few players on this team would have finished that one as easily as Aribo did. Hagi, Kamara etc
Little did I realise when I posted this that the same bores would still make today Alfie's fault.

Epic.

We seem to be playing within ourselves and not taking any chances until Dundee run out of steam. I do notlike Balugon and the Big Guy at centre halfs as Goldson has gotten away with a couple of brain farts so far.

I can see Bacuna coming on later and maybe Sakala for Roofe and Alfie.

Pretty poor first half, very slow and casual ,although the goal was really well worked.
Need the second goal or wel have another Motherwell scenario on our hands.

Our passing and fluidity seems like it never left pre-season.

Groundhog Day again, I'd be surprised if Dundee don't score tbh.

We’re one nil up is about the only positive I can offer from that first half. A hard watch. Far too much side to side passing. As soon as we play a pass through them it opens up but we’re content to pass side to side, cross, rinse and repeat.

slow turgid performance first half and far too slack in defence, doubt cummings will pass up similar oppurtunities that fell to thumbheid, big second half needed from Rangers,quick second goal then put the game to bed

Fed up of half our passes being hit so hard the receiving player struggles to control it. I know it comes about when we’re under a bit of pressure but surely we’re good enough to cope with that?

Back