Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alfredo Morelos

• Kemar Roofe

• Fashion Sakala

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Midfield sitting too deep off and on the ball. Lundstram taking free kicks 10 yards in our half when Goldson and Balogun are 2 ball playing CBs. Happening in open play as well, getting square ball from CB, should be in between the lines, option of short ball, long over the top or square to partner CB, instead it's long or square to midfield. No depth, also means not getting forward fast enough to help uo top. Just sloppy so far, expect Dundee as a team to tire as well tbf, so pressing will drop, but this should be 4 or 5-0 by the end.

4 shots on target for them and 2 for us. Although we scored one of them that is pretty bad with over 70% of the possession. Must improve on that in 2nd half.

We need to press forward more, we are withdrawing to much again. We also keep passing backwards to many times and putting us under pressure.

great goal, roofe really should have buried his chance.

balogun has been immense.

Alfie and bassey playing well. Midfield really really needs to find another gear.

Poor performance but we are winning. We just look very sloppy and at half concentration. Goldson and Balogun have been giving me the absolute fear at times.

We have to remember that we are everybody's cup final match, and we need to realise that early in the game, so it is important that we press early so as not to give the opposition confidence. However, we never seem to do that.

Dundee are going to get relegated and we are lucky not to be drawing 1-1 here.

Our away performances have been nothing short of abysmal this season, why do we do everything so slow, slack and predictable?

Not enough running off the ball to create space. Alfie looks like he's towing a caravan.

imo the goal showed what we should concentrate on (although we can still vary it!) -- have a player running into the box, who gets a ball chipped/slotted forwards for him, and then shoots.

Even my son (who's not a great footie fan) asked why we keep crosing the ball in for players who are shorter than I am, amidst giants of defenders.

At the back, we need to clear our lines first and foremost.

In the middle/final third, we need to take a few more chances with forward threaded passes.

Up front, as others have noted, the Roofe & Morelos combination just doesn't seem to be shining for some reason.

We need to press forward more, we are withdrawing to much again. We also keep passing backwards to many times and putting us under pressure.

great goal, roofe really should have buried his chance.

balogun has been immense.

Alfie and bassey playing well. Midfield really really needs to find another gear.

We don’t seem to do this at all anymore and I genuinely don’t understand why. It’s when (IMO) we are at our best.

We're playing nothing like SG wanted us to. He was talking about being physical and running them off the park. Instead we've been slow and cumbersome. With only one bit of skill shown in our goal. Defensively howling at times, and howling in the final third too.

I keep saying someone is due a tanking from us and honestly thought today was the day. After that 1st half, i’ll try again another day…

we really should be clicking and putting in some top performances by now but always feels another week away.

I feel like there's not enough movement from our front 3...all of them want to come short, I wouldn't mind seeing Sakala on to give the Dundee defence something to think about.

The play breaks down far too often with Morelos. Whether it's him being offside, failing to control a simple pass or poor passing. I'm aware his assist was phenomenal but his general play is and has been very poor this season.

I am not sure what bit of this the players don’t get. If they want to take the afternoon off, get the finger out for half an hour from the outset, play with energy, put the game to bed and then stroll about at walking pace for an hour if they want. But don’t do what they are doing today and have done far too often this season by just being incredibly pedestrian from the outset.

We might well get away with this and win by 2 or 3. But, right now, would anyone be particularly surprised if we sauntered about for another half an hour, lost an equaliser and then got into panic stations for the last 15 minutes?

And the bizarre thing is that Gerrard clearly sees it. You can tell that he reads the game perfectly when you listen to his post match comments. But why can’t the players see it?

Is that Jordan m gee playing for Dundee the same that who abused Dean Shiels a couple of seasons ago. Looks like Dundee are a haven for scum

I feel like there's not enough movement from our front 3...all of them want to come short, I wouldn't mind seeing Sakala on to give the Dundee defence something to think about.

Part of the issue why our front three have looked poor all season is because our midfield are way too deep most of the time.

Cant put my finger on it, but we need something to spark the team this year , as very poor and can't rely on the other mon being poor to win league.

Back