Match Thread Dundee v Rangers Friday 24 Nov, ***Match Thread***

Totally dejected tonight. Murty is clearly not the answer but the players are an effin disgrace.

Last edited:
Murty looks on the verge of tears and absolutely beaten. Not a chance he'll be in charge for Wednesday. Shell of a man.

When you're up against teams that will camp in against you week-in, week-out, you need:

A pacey striker who can run in behind defences to create space
A goalscorer who'll take their chances
A creative midfielder who can unlock defences
An attacking player who can both score goals and deliver quality balls

Tonight we had none of these.

Our biggest downfall since our return to the top flight has been our recruitment. The money has been there, it's just not been spent well at all.

Truly dugshite.

This bunch of powder puff wasters are never even a million miles near deserving of playing for our club.

Im not here to just support the club when we are winning, I can accept defeats. I do not accept some of these individual performances though.

Woeful.
Totally agree. Something is got to give with the club.

Millar ? what about that c#nt Windarse should be nowhere near a Rangers team ever again after this could not give a %^*& effort. Totally scunnered.

I know mate but playing miller just grips my s*ite. Windass another waste. I really would rather give some young boys a game and get beat as play some of these wage thief imposter c•nts

Just like to congratulate this board in the major part they have played in finishing the season in November. It shouldn’t only be a new manager we’re looking for.

That was embarrassing. Every time I think we've hit rock bottom the floor collapses.

Utter rubbish.....no one in that team should ever play for Rangers again....ever

If we continue on this path we may never be in a position to consistently challenge again. We may win the league on the odd occasion but not regularly. I just don't see anything to suggest otherwise.

Far too many players just going through the motions.

A disgraceful performance, the signs were there early on despite what some were saying.

Passing, control, pressing, tackling, crossing, shooting, running off the ball, general basics, attitude, character and composure, stunk the place out.

Murty looks on the verge of tears and absolutely beaten. Not a chance he'll be in charge for Wednesday. Shell of a man.

I don't see how he can't be in charge for the Wednesday, because the board are still too scared to make a decision on the manager.

another thread asked "why sack Caixinha if nothing was lined up"
theres the reason why
2 abysmal results

unless we had someone ready to come in, why put the Under 20s coach, who doesn't want to manage the top team, in charge

we are staring at losing a double header to the sheep and being 12 points behind them

unless the board get their act together and/or whoever the manager is gets their act together
we will not have European football next season

forget it
an utter shambles once again
for the 4th time since 2012
- Div 3 and signing Kyle et al
- McCoist/McCall/McDowall
- Warburton going
- Caixinha going

its unacceptable

About the level of debate you expect on here these days. :D
I told you they aren't good enough.

Do you still back them? I'm mid fifties and this is one of the poorest team I can recall watching.

But, hey, maybes Wes is a goalie, Wilson a centre half, Hererra a CF, Miller a Greig/Gough type captain, Candeais., Pena, Windass.................................................... Taveneir couldnae lace any right backs boots in the last 10 years

And at the agm no serious questions will be asked,like why a manager hasn't been appointed as we have just gone back the way,they will get an easy ride,nobody will get angry,usual crap
As for these players their wages should go to charity,and never wear badge again

It's the Fans I feel for, all the way for that pish, Scandalous.

Eh excuse me , but I am (un)reliably informed that the reason we give all these fuds money was because the team need us on away fixtures to support the team onto victory. The fans were clearly not singing loud enough to have made the difference.

When you're up against teams that will camp in against you week-in, week-out, you need:

A pacey striker who can run in behind defences to create space
A goalscorer who'll take their chances
A creative midfielder who can unlock defences
An attacking player who can both score goals and deliver quality balls

Tonight we had none of these.

Our biggest downfall since our return to the top flight has been our recruitment. The money has been there, it's just not been spent well at all.

Oh, no - we do mate. We have all of the above - rolled into one player.

His name's Kenny Miller.

Well, that's what Murty and Kenny himself seem to think....

He was an inch from bursting into tears.

Not really his fault but he should be telling his boss if he’s not fit for this.

we are going backwards at an alarming rate , of tonights team I would keep Morelos, jack and McCrorie , and then only until we can get decent replacements , what was Murty thinking about he watched that gutless wonder Windass stroll about the park without a care in the world , plays Millar at outside left , and what he sees in Holt ? is anybodys guess I know we are missing Dorrans, Wallace and Cardoso and Alvez but a club of our size ffs the replacements are woeful.

We did that after McCoist, then Warburton

We can't keep pissing money away
I understand mate, but what do you suggest?
We can't go on like this. I watched us through the 70's and 80's, we were bad then and crowds drifted away, they will again if this continues.
We need an '86 style revolution.

Can’t believe people wanted Murty to take the reigns until next season! His record last season was pretty pish but cause he got a draw against Celtic he somehow became a genius befitting to be our stand in manager.

Players not good enough, not just tonight but not able to win more than two games in a row tells us all we need to know.

If any potential managers have been watching the games then its no wonder we dont have one in place. What sane person would want to manage a basket case

He was an inch from bursting into tears.

Not really his fault but he should be telling his boss if he’s not fit for this.

as much as he seems a nice guy
tonight he went with the same team that were humiliated on saturday excepting the LB replacing the stand in RB at LB

that is utterly bizarre at the very least
saturdays shambles needed shaken up & now instead of trying something new against the bottom team
we face either "trying something" against the Sheep or playing the same utter utter pish against them

There is no character and belief in the players. We have the wrong players, I know that is distasteful and painful for us fans but it is the truth.
We thought were in recovery and instead we have a team of imposters with very few exceptions. We have. a stand in manager that is totally out of his depth and he is allowing a senior pro (Miller) to pick the team and tactics and failing miserably.
We need leadership and not only have an absent Chairman (who I am eternally grateful for) but an MD who is a total waste of time and cowardly beyond belief.
Not feeling good tonight.

Its becoming obvious the players dont want to play when miller is 'in charge'...might just be me but they avoided involving him in the last 30 minutes

Murty looks absolutely lost...the board have hung this guy out to dry, a group of players split and Murty thrown to the lions, he looks completely done and the Board should thank him for stepping up and send him back to the under 20's first thing tomorrow morning, The board deserve 100% pelters at the AGM and i don't say that lightly...they are taking the fans goodwill for granted, we are Rangers Football Club not some local community club, stop pissing about, get a manager in and get rid of those behind the scenes who are clearly out of their depth in their roles

Who comes in, i don't know but the board have had a month to figure that out and that is their job, get it sorted now.

Let's make this quite clear, Murty was thrown into the lions den for a 2nd time. The board , once again, turned to him because they had no plan B for a Pedro tits up which happened. The board have been great in recent months with soft loans etc but are sadly wanting in the most crucial of matters, getting us a decent manager

Everyone was quick to want Pedro out the door (with reason) but the board sacking him without having a replacement lined up is worse than negligent.

I fear the worst going forward. I honestly believe that Miller has far too much influence in the dressing room and the next manager has to get rid of him.

I think Miller made Pedro's time here much harder than it needed to be. He's worse than a man down.

Thank feck I can have a lie-in tomorrow, under the duvet is the best way of forgetting about this utter dross I've just watched tonight.

Back