Dundee warn players they’ll suspend contracts unless they agree to wage cuts by midnight tonight

Mibbies big Liewell has conned them to change their vote,nah they would'nt be that naive,would they.lol

The article makes it sound like they would still be contracted to the club with no wages.
I'd love to be a manager of a bunch of players that the club had forced to accept no wages for 6 months. Team spirit.☢
I read an application form which had a question around saving costs. The applicant said he made staff work for nothing. Provided a few laughs but needless to say, he never got to the next stage.

I have always had a soft spot for Dundee.
I enjoyed their team in the early sixties which gave me some very happy memories of football in my minority.
I cannot blame them for Nelms anymore than I would allow someone to blame Rangers for that cvunt Craig Whyte.
The current Dundee fans are scum. They refer to us as Sevco and took great delight at our misfortune. Seriously, fųck them.

The current Dundee fans are scum. They refer to us as Sevco and took great delight at our misfortune. Seriously, fųck them.
Ironic coming from a team that have been in financial grief more times than I can remember. They were the original "spend beyond your means" club.

Mibbies big Liewell has conned them to change their vote,nah they would'nt be that naive,would they.lol

When Jack Hendry was sold to the poets, they tried to screw Dundee over with the sell on clause.

Don’t be too quick to assume that Dundee are in cahoots with them because sometimes everything is not as it seems.

A small update. Dundee have laid off all of their academy staff and a lot of their non playing staff.

I can provide source of PM to someone I know who worked there ... until recently

DUNDEE have warned their players they’ll use controversial clause 12 to suspend contracts unless they agree to wage cuts by MIDNIGHT tonight.

The Dark Blues have sent the first-team members yet to take temporary drops in salary emails warning them of the consequences of holding out

It’s understood eight players have yet to accept Dundee’s proposals so are in the firing line.

And they have been warned they only have another six hours to agree or their wages will be stopped until the Championship resumes.

The email, which has been seen by SunSport, spells out the terms of clause 12 - which was used by Hearts chairman Ann Budge to force her contract rebels into cuts back in April - and recommends the players take legal advice.

Dundee have been hit by a £500,000 loss in income since Covid-19 struck in March

They sent them emails?

Hope the players involved checked their spam folders

A small update. Dundee have laid off all of their academy staff and a lot of their non playing staff.

I can provide source of PM to someone I know who worked there ... until recently

And their clown of a majority shareholder gets to kneecap Farts & Thistle?

Fućking tramp.

Couple of points which I may have missed, but if they suspend some players contracts but not others then they could find themselves open to some discrimination legal cases. Secondly, as much as I have no sympathy with Nelms or Dundee, I don’t see how their decision to change their vote actually contributes either way to their current situation, am I missing something?

Couple of points which I may have missed, but if they suspend some players contracts but not others then they could find themselves open to some discrimination legal cases. Secondly, as much as I have no sympathy with Nelms or Dundee, I don’t see how their decision to change their vote actually contributes either way to their current situation, am I missing something?
Aye. ;)

Last edited:
The season wouldn't have ended.
They were in a playoff position with a shot at promotion.

Voted to cut short the season therefore promoting their city rivals, as well as crowning them champions.

Not just that, they also stopped any chance of promotion through the playoffs they had.

All this yet their fans were still screaming Sevco when we released our dossier showing corruption which has now lost them potentially a lot of money.

Now they have no money and hopefully are about to die.

Bye bye you peh munching dumbfucks

A slight digression :
The “Poet” McGonagall Denounces Football
John McGonagall, ropemaker, Step Row, was charged — before Bailie Macdonald, at the Dundee Police Court to-day — with malicious mischief. He pleaded not guilty. It came out in the evidence that prisoner was creating a disturbance in a public-house in Lochee on Saturday night, and interfering with and insulting customers. He refused to leave the premises when asked, and ultimately had to be ejected. On the way out he drove his hand through a glass panel in the door. McGonagall, the “poet,” father the accused, appeared in Court and said his son was very obedient, and regularly gave up all his earnings. He had often told his son he was keeping bad company, especially when he went among football players, and he said, without fear of contradiction, that most football players were addicted to drink, and but for John’s being in the Lochee public-house on Saturday night he would not have been before theCourt that day. Mr McGonagall had given his son advice repeatedly, but he had rejected it, and, like many other young men who had such a high opinion of football, laughed at the advice given by his parents. He was of the opinion that his son was led unthinkingly into the pnblic house, and seemed to be a plot because he (Mr McGonagall) denounced the publicans in his public appearances in Arbroath aud Dundee recently. He believed it was because the publicans could not get him decoyed into their dens iniquity that they tried to ruin his family. The Magistrate found the charge proved, and imposed a fine of 10s 6d, with the option of week’s imprisonment.
Evening Telegraph, 31st December 1888
so rioting in Dundee from inception...

Back