Dunfermline release 17 players

basilboli

I know a few of the young players released. Good lads as well, they were always getting released it is what this Club do every few years. Get the Govt grants for apprentices and release them when it runs out.

DavieM

Highly doubt teams outwith the SPFL will play any football this year. Think the furlough scheme runs until October so who knows what will happen to clubs after that.

Probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if quite a few went out the game because we have far too many teams in all honesty and quite a few won't be missed after recent events.

Theciscokid

Highly doubt teams outwith the SPFL will play any football this year. Think the furlough scheme runs until October so who knows what will happen to clubs after that.

Probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if quite a few went out the game because we have far too many teams in all honesty and quite a few won't be missed after recent events.
Aye 41 of the Cants.

bullen an la

Official Ticketer
All leagues have now been called, we’ll be releasing some of our own shortly. Looks like non contact training could resume during ‘Phase 1’ next week and full training in ‘phase 2’. Decisions need to be made regarding closed doors games, UEFA will press ahead with their competitions I have no doubt so I think we might need to press ahead BCD.
and we all know that one club will not stick to the mutually agreed "non contact training"

last minute signing

What’s the formal government position relative to out of contract players being resigned before their contract expires and placed / retained on furlough?

I’d assume this isn’t allowed?

last minute signing

The Scottish league will be like amateur level next season, even more so that usual
Could ultimately be of benefit to the Scottish game. A clear out of the old guard, allowing a significant number of youths to come through into first team football. Potential to introduced a more skill based philosophy as opposed to blood and thunder kicking lumps out of anything that moves.

Wishful thinking, but there’s a chance there.

skorn

Could ultimately be of benefit to the Scottish game. A clear out of the old guard, allowing a significant number of youths to come through into first team football. Potential to introduced a more skill based philosophy as opposed to blood and thunder kicking lumps out of anything that moves.

Wishful thinking, but there’s a chance there.
Good point lms.

If there were good and intelligent people running the SFA we might see the refs being told to apply the rules and NOT allow teams their usual first ten minutes or so of kicking f**k out of everyone.

Match officials that actually applied the Rules, along with (as you say) a fresher and hopefully cleaner slew of players -- they could actually make the game across the entire leagues worth watching again.

Of course, it won't happen.
Any young players brought up into these first teams as replacements will doubtless be the six-foot talentless thugs that Scottish football adores.

9inaBo

I don't think this is that much out of the normal.

From lower Premiership most players will be on yearly contracts, it's how they (clubs) go about their business.

Imagine a wee club with a guy on a 3 year deal who gets injured, they wouldn't be able to cover that.

mark hateley

Official Ticketer
Steven Milne will be blaming the pesky Rangers for this.

Hope his next football interview is about the team that he used to support whilst standing in the new site for Amazon.

Jase

How many players would a club like Dunfermline have on their books? Can't see how they'd be able to field a team any time soon if there was to be a restart.

This pandemic would have stuffed an efficient football authority what chance has Scottish football got with the fcuking clowns we've got running the show.

Dunfermline are a mid-table Championship side and they can't cope. You have to fear for the entire DIvision 1 & 2 clubs.

punk

How many players would a club like Dunfermline have on their books? Can't see how they'd be able to field a team any time soon if there was to be a restart.

This pandemic would have stuffed an efficient football authority what chance has Scottish football got with the fcuking clowns we've got running the show.

Dunfermline are a mid-table Championship side and they can't cope. You have to fear for the entire DIvision 1 & 2 clubs.
I don't have to fear for any of them

last minute signing

Not many more than they would normally release. Only 2/3 they would even look at jeeping if it was a normal summer.
Only released 9 last year.

Haven’t seen any of them this season, however I’d imagine in normal circumstances a few of them would have been offered deals to stay on prior to the season having ended. With Covid the club simply aren’t in a position to offer this.

punk

What really . Regardless of the hatred for clubs these players have families etc
I know mate, I want some of the players to go on to have fantastic careers, but as for the club, I care not a jot and if they are in trouble, then brilliant, but I think you already knew what I was meaning

Maxiglw

Once again we see the true cost of that corrupt "vote"

Outwith the Premiership there will be NO interest from TV deal, and unless i am mistaken. whatever TV money there is will be kept in the "top" league who will have no other income streams available ie Attendances

The remaining 30 teams will all need to go part-time if not amateur to survive and put a team on the park.

The Covid outbreak might be the enema that Scottish football is in need of as there are too many teams to fund from the limited pot of money available in "normal" times.

I shudder to think what state the SPFL will be in on the other side of this Pandemic, the number of Players getting released and not replaced will make the weaker teams even worse than before and league could come down to our results v the Scum and their Referee Pals !

Hearts know this, this is real reason for the moves to keep them in top league - Edinburgh Derby for TV, i'd be shocked if Dundee don't get a Rocket up the league to give a Dundee Derby as well.

All of which for a TV deal that doesn't exist at this time and when it does will be for LESS than before.

Reality will bite very soon

iaatpies

Once again we see the true cost of that corrupt "vote"

Outwith the Premiership there will be NO interest from TV deal, and unless i am mistaken. whatever TV money there is will be kept in the "top" league who will have no other income streams available ie Attendances

The remaining 30 teams will all need to go part-time if not amateur to survive and put a team on the park.

The Covid outbreak might be the enema that Scottish football is in need of as there are too many teams to fund from the limited pot of money available in "normal" times.

I shudder to think what state the SPFL will be in on the other side of this Pandemic, the number of Players getting released and not replaced will make the weaker teams even worse than before and league could come down to our results v the Scum and their Referee Pals !

Hearts know this, this is real reason for the moves to keep them in top league - Edinburgh Derby for TV, i'd be shocked if Dundee don't get a Rocket up the league to give a Dundee Derby as well.

All of which for a TV deal that doesn't exist at this time and when it does will be for LESS than before.

Reality will bite very soon
Really? The vote was somehow going to cure Coronavirus and allow football to re-open completely and with no restrictions on crowds?

Wow. What a hell of a vote that would have been.

Billiericky

Single season contracts are the norm outside of the top flight. It's nothing more than Dunfermline not offering new contracts at this time. There will be a lot of signings once teams know when football is restarting.
And that will be why all the lower divisions voted to finish the season?

borderbluenose

Mid table premier clubs like the 2 Lickspittles from lanarkshire St Mirren Killie and St Johnstone all at risk as are the sheep according to themselves Lots of clubs in EFL and some in the utopia of EPL will also struggle carnage awaits but it might improve things in the long run

Maxiglw

Really? The vote was somehow going to cure Coronavirus and allow football to re-open completely and with no restrictions on crowds?

Wow. What a hell of a vote that would have been.
Wow right on "brother" - so drole, thought your drivel was restricted to the Lounge

iaatpies

And that will be why all the lower divisions voted to finish the season?
Its why it's easier to mothball lower league clubs. It's why a prolonged restriction on crowds attending games is more of a risk to full time, top flight teams than lower league ones. Clubs that could get to the end of this season when contracts were going to end anyway were always going to be in a better position than teams with multi-season contracted players.