Dunfermline release 17 players

What’s the formal government position relative to out of contract players being resigned before their contract expires and placed / retained on furlough?

I’d assume this isn’t allowed?

The Scottish league will be like amateur level next season, even more so that usual

Could ultimately be of benefit to the Scottish game. A clear out of the old guard, allowing a significant number of youths to come through into first team football. Potential to introduced a more skill based philosophy as opposed to blood and thunder kicking lumps out of anything that moves.

Wishful thinking, but there’s a chance there.

Could ultimately be of benefit to the Scottish game. A clear out of the old guard, allowing a significant number of youths to come through into first team football. Potential to introduced a more skill based philosophy as opposed to blood and thunder kicking lumps out of anything that moves.

Wishful thinking, but there’s a chance there.

Good point lms.

If there were good and intelligent people running the SFA we might see the refs being told to apply the rules and NOT allow teams their usual first ten minutes or so of kicking f**k out of everyone.

Match officials that actually applied the Rules, along with (as you say) a fresher and hopefully cleaner slew of players -- they could actually make the game across the entire leagues worth watching again.

Of course, it won't happen.
Any young players brought up into these first teams as replacements will doubtless be the six-foot talentless thugs that Scottish football adores.

I don't think this is that much out of the normal.

From lower Premiership most players will be on yearly contracts, it's how they (clubs) go about their business.

Imagine a wee club with a guy on a 3 year deal who gets injured, they wouldn't be able to cover that.

Steven Milne will be blaming the pesky rangers for this.

Hope his next football interview is about the team that he used to support whilst standing in the new site for Amazon.

How many players would a club like Dunfermline have on their books? Can't see how they'd be able to field a team any time soon if there was to be a restart.

This pandemic would have stuffed an efficient football authority what chance has Scottish football got with the fcuking clowns we've got running the show.

Dunfermline are a mid-table Championship side and they can't cope. You have to fear for the entire DIvision 1 & 2 clubs.

How many players would a club like Dunfermline have on their books? Can't see how they'd be able to field a team any time soon if there was to be a restart.

This pandemic would have stuffed an efficient football authority what chance has Scottish football got with the fcuking clowns we've got running the show.

Dunfermline are a mid-table Championship side and they can't cope. You have to fear for the entire DIvision 1 & 2 clubs.
I don't have to fear for any of them

Not many more than they would normally release. Only 2/3 they would even look at jeeping if it was a normal summer.

Only released 9 last year.

Haven’t seen any of them this season, however I’d imagine in normal circumstances a few of them would have been offered deals to stay on prior to the season having ended. With Covid the club simply aren’t in a position to offer this.

What really . Regardless of the hatred for clubs these players have families etc
I know mate, I want some of the players to go on to have fantastic careers, but as for the club, I care not a jot and if they are in trouble, then brilliant, but I think you already knew what I was meaning

Once again we see the true cost of that corrupt "vote"

Outwith the Premiership there will be NO interest from TV deal, and unless i am mistaken. whatever TV money there is will be kept in the "top" league who will have no other income streams available ie Attendances

The remaining 30 teams will all need to go part-time if not amateur to survive and put a team on the park.

The Covid outbreak might be the enema that Scottish football is in need of as there are too many teams to fund from the limited pot of money available in "normal" times.

I shudder to think what state the SPFL will be in on the other side of this Pandemic, the number of Players getting released and not replaced will make the weaker teams even worse than before and league could come down to our results v the Scum and their Referee Pals !

Hearts know this, this is real reason for the moves to keep them in top league - Edinburgh Derby for TV, i'd be shocked if Dundee don't get a Rocket up the league to give a Dundee Derby as well.

All of which for a TV deal that doesn't exist at this time and when it does will be for LESS than before.

Reality will bite very soon

Once again we see the true cost of that corrupt "vote"

Outwith the Premiership there will be NO interest from TV deal, and unless i am mistaken. whatever TV money there is will be kept in the "top" league who will have no other income streams available ie Attendances

The remaining 30 teams will all need to go part-time if not amateur to survive and put a team on the park.

The Covid outbreak might be the enema that Scottish football is in need of as there are too many teams to fund from the limited pot of money available in "normal" times.

I shudder to think what state the SPFL will be in on the other side of this Pandemic, the number of Players getting released and not replaced will make the weaker teams even worse than before and league could come down to our results v the Scum and their Referee Pals !

Hearts know this, this is real reason for the moves to keep them in top league - Edinburgh Derby for TV, i'd be shocked if Dundee don't get a Rocket up the league to give a Dundee Derby as well.

All of which for a TV deal that doesn't exist at this time and when it does will be for LESS than before.

Reality will bite very soon

Really? The vote was somehow going to cure Coronavirus and allow football to re-open completely and with no restrictions on crowds?

Wow. What a hell of a vote that would have been.

Single season contracts are the norm outside of the top flight. It's nothing more than Dunfermline not offering new contracts at this time. There will be a lot of signings once teams know when football is restarting.

And that will be why all the lower divisions voted to finish the season?

Mid table premier clubs like the 2 Lickspittles from lanarkshire St Mirren Killie and St Johnstone all at risk as are the sheep according to themselves Lots of clubs in EFL and some in the utopia of EPL will also struggle carnage awaits but it might improve things in the long run

Really? The vote was somehow going to cure Coronavirus and allow football to re-open completely and with no restrictions on crowds?

Wow. What a hell of a vote that would have been.

Wow right on "brother" - so drole, thought your drivel was restricted to the Lounge

And that will be why all the lower divisions voted to finish the season?

Its why it's easier to mothball lower league clubs. It's why a prolonged restriction on crowds attending games is more of a risk to full time, top flight teams than lower league ones. Clubs that could get to the end of this season when contracts were going to end anyway were always going to be in a better position than teams with multi-season contracted players.

Without targeting any particular clubs I think it would be a good thing if more than a handful disappeared.

The Scottish league would be much better if it was a Premiership and a Championship of around 18 prem and 16 team championship.

There is no longer an “ Old Firm “ as the working relationship and any respect for the benefit of each other has long since gone.

We are hated by all the clubs now because they all called us cheats despite doing nothing illegal.

Playing them 4 times minimum isn’t necessary any more and we don’t need or want each other.

We always fill Ibrox and that’s all that matters.

Television has dictated too long now and forced ridiculous KO times while paying peanuts in comparison to other countries.

Wow right on "brother" - so drole, thought your drivel was restricted to the Lounge

You reckon that the Queen of the South chairman talking about a need for fans to be able to attend games before Scottish football can resume was going to be different if the vote had gone the other way? Really? It was somehow going to help us come out of lockdown earlier and get people back to football grounds?

Because an echo chamber of angry fans cry wanking doesnt change the vote or the failed EGM. It doesnt suddenly get rid of Doncaster or take us closer to actually being able to go to football games again.

Because an echo chamber of angry fans cry wanking doesnt change the vote or the failed EGM. It doesnt suddenly get rid of Doncaster or take us closer to actually being able to go to football games again.
My "vote" concern

The Vote at the EGM was to look into the governance of the game in Scotland - things like the TV "deal" and potential financial clawback of £M from skint clubs. The rush to end season and effectively put clubs in even worse position due to relegation, just so one club was given a financial future cash cow to grab onto.

They only looked at short term - the long term reality will be the true cost to these teams - maybe some owners did see the future and have decided to cash out ?

The only "games" we will see until a vaccine is available will be on the telly, how much, and who gets that money will be decided by the same crooks "supported" at the EGM - and that is the matter at hand.

My "vote" concern

The Vote at the EGM was to look into the governance of the game in Scotland - things like the TV "deal" and potential financial clawback of £M from skint clubs. The rush to end season and effectively put clubs in even worse position due to relegation, just so one club was given a financial future cash cow to grab onto.

They only looked at short term - the long term reality will be the true cost to these teams - maybe some owners did see the future and have decided to cash out ?

The only "games" we will see until a vaccine is available will be on the telly, how much, and who gets that money will be decided by the same crooks "supported" at the EGM - and that is the matter at hand.

The only games we'd be likely to see at any time would be top flight games. The lower leagues wouldn't be televised. It isnt a consideration for them. If the league can start the top flight next season, even behind closed doors, then it will. The lower divisions will be mothballed until such times that fans are allowed back in stadiums. Players will be offered contracts when it's likely that lower league football can resume. If Sky is satisfied that it gives them access to enough games then they'll pay their TV contract and Scottish football clubs will receive the associated payments from the league.

The ability of Scottish football to start the 20/21 season has absolutely nothing to do with the April vote or the failed EGM. Its now just a source of grievance between Rangers and the SPFL.

Very difficult to have any sympathy for them given their attitude and willingness to support the SPFL corrupt agenda.

Hopefully just one of the clubs that don’t make it through this crisis, them Raith Rovers, Alloa and Brechin going bust would be justice.

My local team Cambridge Utd have only 7 players left on their books - why would you carry the salary of a low transfer fee player ?

will be a big scramble at all levels when football restarts.

Reactions: Jeb
Im sure at least one of the chairmen on Sportsound over the last few weeks said they won’t be retaining any players that are out of contract until they know what’s happening therefore keeping costs down as no games , no players no income or outgoings on players wages only a few board members if they ain’t on furlough

These clubs might as well go Junior. Have a two senior leagues of 10, 36 game season no split, no league cup entry for the four European qualifiers and call it something shite like the Thistle Cup. All the rest go into regional juniors with playoffs for promotion into the senior set up.

Anybody feeling sorry for any of these cunts go over to any of their fans forums and check out the sevco threads.
And don't bother mentioning the poor people that work for these clubs selling pies, groundsmen, blah blah fucking blah. I never saw or heard one single sentence of sympathy for any of our employees from the mhedia when our club was bang in trouble.

mA3rLL6.gif

Back