Dunfermline - Seven heroes of Moeuvres

uddingstonbluenose

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Pars_to_Wear_Commemorative_Shirt&ID=10802

post-60966-0-28222400-1309029801.jpg

Amazing story. Hope they manage to get a good amount for Poppy Scotland.

Love stories like this

I myself am a relative of a VC winner,It’s good to see their names live on

Lovely stuff by Dunfermline

The government gives a Victoria Cross paving stone to the family and town of every winner of a Victoria Cross during the First World War. The Hunter family have long been connected with Dunfermline Athletic, and have asked that David Hunter`s stone should be placed outside East End Park on land owned by the club. It will be placed on a small plinth which will contain a time capsule, and which has two pre-1918 bricks from Moeuvres placed in the shape of a cross. An information board will then be placed on the stadium wall, immediately behind the stone, and adjacent to the existing granite memorial bench.

Great story and well done to Dunfermiline FC. The tide is turning and the apathy with regards to our Hero's from the Armed Forces is starting to be corrected.
The shameless will be shamed

Was at East End Park today to talk to Stevie Crawford and Kevin Nisbet and spotted a memorial to Cpl Hunter at the stadium just next to the main entrance. There's also an information board telling the story of the Seven Heroes (which led to me googling it and finding this thread)

Back