Dunphy on Hartson

Used to always flick over the Champions League coverage to RTE from ITV for Dunphy, you never knew when he would come out with something brilliant. Calling Niall Quinn a creep was one of my favourite ones!

th

The best Dunphy

His first "tackle" in Scottish fitba was a disgrace. It was a straight red every day of the week. He got a finger wag from the ref.

Roy Keane:

“My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’”

Roy Keane:

“My first game [for Celtic] was Clyde, away, in the third round of the Scottish Cup. We were beaten 2-1. It was a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did OK, but OK wasn’t good enough. After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it. When I got on the bus John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink. I said to myself: ‘Welcome to Hell.’”

If Lennon does go and they do replace him with Wibble and he brings Keane it could be catastrophic.:)

Eamon Dunphy?

A moron.

His lauded autobiographical book Only A Game? is unintentionally evidence of this.

Rod Liddle. He's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one.
Rod Liddle from 2009:

Celtic supporters sung Irish “rebel” songs during the one minute’s Remembrance Day silence before the kick off of their game at Falkirk. Even more Celtic fans waited outside the turnstiles so that they would not have to take part in the commemoration. What an unspeakably foul club it is, bigoted and filled with sectarian hatred. And yet the only Glasgow club which ever gets punished for fuelling sectarian hatred is its rival, Rangers. It is not so long ago that FIFA decided that Rangers supporters were racist bigots for singing their fatuous, hate-filled tales about the Battle of the Boyne etc, while Celtic’s supporters were merely reveling in a noble folk song tradition while singing their fatuous hate filled tales about how good the IRA are.

Celtic wish to join the Premier League – ie the league of the historic Bruddush uppressor. That’s because they’d make a lot more money from finishing fourteenth (at best) in the Premier League than finishing first or second in Scotland. We should never let them do so. Let them have the courage of their convictions and join the League of Ireland where, in their exciting games against Sligo Rovers and Shelbourne, they will never be asked to observe a minute’s silence to commemorate those who fought against totalitarianism. Incidentally, Celtic could only draw with the bottom club, Falkirk. Mr De Valera, your bhoys are useless.

Rod Liddle from 2009:

Celtic supporters sung Irish “rebel” songs during the one minute’s Remembrance Day silence before the kick off of their game at Falkirk. Even more Celtic fans waited outside the turnstiles so that they would not have to take part in the commemoration. What an unspeakably foul club it is, bigoted and filled with sectarian hatred. And yet the only Glasgow club which ever gets punished for fuelling sectarian hatred is its rival, Rangers. It is not so long ago that FIFA decided that Rangers supporters were racist bigots for singing their fatuous, hate-filled tales about the Battle of the Boyne etc, while Celtic’s supporters were merely reveling in a noble folk song tradition while singing their fatuous hate filled tales about how good the IRA are.

Celtic wish to join the Premier League – ie the league of the historic Bruddush uppressor. That’s because they’d make a lot more money from finishing fourteenth (at best) in the Premier League than finishing first or second in Scotland. We should never let them do so. Let them have the courage of their convictions and join the League of Ireland where, in their exciting games against Sligo Rovers and Shelbourne, they will never be asked to observe a minute’s silence to commemorate those who fought against totalitarianism. Incidentally, Celtic could only draw with the bottom club, Falkirk. Mr De Valera, your bhoys are useless.
you probably should have watched the video mate

Remember Dunphy saying that 'Rangers were bigger' than Sellick when Stevie G took the managers job. He doesnt hold back on much...also remember his searing attack on Terry Venables when it was rumoured he was getting the Republic manager's job. Im sure Dunphy is Millwall's most capped player of all time although i could be wrong.

Many years ago, for one or two of the World Cups, I watched most matches on RTE because their two pundits in the studio, Dunphy and Johnny Giles (not afraid to argue like phuck, but great intertainment), were brilliant compared to the ITV/BBC morons.
Then I had the misfortune to read the first few pages (in Bargain Books) of Pat Crerand's so-called autobiography, ghost written by Dunphy, and it was the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen in my life. Big bad Unionists in NI not even letting poor Catholics breathe. total and utter garbage.
So to hell with Eamonn Dunphy, a bigot like many others.

Back