**duplicate** on a Rangers ticket?

Laudrup1

What sort of scenario would see this appear on a ticket?

I'm assuming a fairly obvious answer here but wanted to check if anyone on here knows the ins and outs of it all?

Maybe after the original has been lost and asked for a new one? When you turn up to your seat and someone is in it you get priority because he has found the original? Just a guess but thought they wrote Reprint on it.

This game has already passed so am assuming you got in fine.

coulda printed off weird so they reprinted beforesending

So here's what happened...

My mate was let down for a ticket and I picked him one up from someone selling one.

When he got the ground, his ticket wouldn't scan and he was locked out. A steward finally got his superior to check it and he was let in.

When he got to "his seat" someone was already in it.

This will be the reason it didnt scan, I'm guessing.

I can understand the club accidentally selling a ticket in the public sale which had been earmarked for a ST. I've heard of that happening before when the computer has fooked things up.

This seems a coincidence though. Everything on the tickets was identical including the name which I've blanked out.

My mate obviously didnt know the guy sitting in the seat nor did he know my mate (and I've got no idea who was sitting there either)

Mate eventually managed to find another seat somewhere along the stand.

Genuine error by the club? Two tickets sold on as spares?

I'm just glad my mate didnt get locked out of the game.

Maybe after the original has been lost and asked for a new one? When you turn up to your seat and someone is in it you get priority because he has found the original? Just a guess but thought they wrote Reprint on it.

I wondered about that...but then BOTH the guy in the seat and the ticket my mate had (as the 2nd picture shows) had that written on it.

That's not a mirror image either, its the two of them trying to figure out what's going on

I lost mine and had to get them reprinted, they had duplicate on them. The price on the new ones showed £0.00 though.

Is it possible the guy that was the original ticket holder had the ticket stolen and just assumed it was lost. He then asks for a reprint and couldn’t make it for some reason, so sold it on.
You would think the original ticket would have been cancelled and wouldn’t have worked though.

I’ve had tickets reprinted after losing the originals and the reprints had duplicate on them. The ticket office assured me the originals would not work. I made an effort to get there early to make sure I got my seat just in case.

Is it possible the guy that was the original ticket holder had the ticket stolen and just assumed it was lost. He then asks for a reprint and couldn’t make it for some reason, so sold it on.
You would think the original ticket would have been cancelled and wouldn’t have worked though.

I'd initially thought something like that but then look at the other pic I posted. It has duplicate on it too

Our RSC has Duplicate on a few of our YB tickets on Thursday that we got direct from the club I assumed was a printing error

I remember this happened to me and my old man. It was the champions league game v Man United, bought tickets outside main door off an older gent who was wearing a suit and tie, very well dressed, looked a bit like Malcolm Murray. We got in no bother sat down and just as game starts two guys turned up with exact same tickets for our seats, there was a bit of an argument then steward came over and found another couple of seats up the back for them.

I got match package years ago for CL when we were playing ajax

All three seats same seat for the ajax game I was in amongst them ended up getting all three tickets refunded

Seems weird that both have it

Possible error by ticket office maybe

But maybe someone is trying to cash in?

Last edited:
Back