Durrant's story about Erik Bo Andersen on the blues brothers podcast

uneasydaz

He said Erik loved his dog and when he came over it was put into quarantine. He came into training one day and said to Archie Knox I need to leave at 1pm today and Archie said no it's a double session today we are here untill 2pm Erik said you don't understand my dog is in quarantine I need to pick him up at 1:30 and Archie said can your dog tell the f*cking time

Last edited:
He said Erik loved his dog and when he came over it was put into quarantine. He came into training one day and said to Archie Knox I need to leave at 1pm today and Archie and Archie said no it's a double session today we are here untill 2pm Erik said you don't understand my dog is in quarantine I need to pick him up at 1:30 and Archie said can your dog tell the f*cking time
That's got to be up there with the John Lambie/ concussion / Pele one.

Erik Bo Andersen was vastly underrated IMHO.

Although he had a poor first touch, he had blistering pace, was good in the air, a great shot and had an excellent scoring record in the Champions' League before joining us.
I don't think he was underrated at all. I judge players by the career they had after Rangers (which is almost always downwards). For Bo Andersen he went to Duisburg and then some Danish teams...he never really set the heather alight at Ibrox. A decent player who played his part in NIAR but not much more than that.

Erik Bo Andersen was vastly underrated IMHO.

Although he had a poor first touch, he had blistering pace, was good in the air, a great shot and had an excellent scoring record in the Champions' League before joining us.
Dunno about excellent Aalborg got in by default I think he scored 3 in total in 4 games and a group stage of 6 games. I hated that year we went out to Famagusta.

He said Erik loved his dog and when he came over it was put into quarantine. He came into training one day and said to Archie Knox I need to leave at 1pm today and Archie and Archie said no it's a double session today we are here untill 2pm Erik said you don't understand my dog is in quarantine I need to pick him up at 1:30 and Archie said can your dog tell the f*cking time
Erik should should said "Yes, It's a f*cking watch dog"

I genuinely love this podcast. Durrant & Ferguson are a great laugh on it.

My one gripe has been since Tom has been in the last few shows he always says “we’re almost out of time”, even after only about 20 minutes of the podcast!

Archie Knox has some fantastic stories.

Big Erik is like WTF???!!!! :))

I don't think he was underrated at all. I judge players by the career they had after Rangers (which is almost always downwards). For Bo Andersen he went to Duisburg and then some Danish teams...he never really set the heather alight at Ibrox. A decent player who played his part in NIAR but not much more than that.

Capable of some wonderful finishes but equally capable of some absolutely horrendous sitters. Signed in utter desperation after failing to land Jardel and having got nowhere with about 4 or 5 other strikers

We paid £1.6m for him and punted him 18 months later for £800,000.

That tell it's own story.

Two goals against them are my lasting memory Erik, a great night.
15 goals in 23 games is some record

The way Erik was treated by the media was appalling. I was at the game where he scored a hat trick against Motherwell, and the next day Scotsport did a focus on every mistake he made in the game and how bad he was.
Always been a thing when certain foreign players just get abused by the media.
He scored some cracking goals, a couple of very important ones and was lightning fast. He wasn’t an amazing player, but he did a job, and honestly, he was no worse than Gordon Durie who was also quick with a dodgy first touch.

Loved Ferguson and Durrant as players. The stories they tell on the podcast are laugh out loud funny. Great days indeed.

Back