Dutch FA to pilot woman playing in men’s teams

Rangers lassies have access to The Rangers Training Center, top class stuff.

They'd be spanked by the under 15's.

They do, but they won't have the same amount of resources spent on them in terms of coaches, sports scientists etc. They will also be lower in the pecking order for access to the facilities. We have only really started treating our women's team with any respect in the last few years.

I mean, I didn't say that at all. I raised a point about the difference in what top level players have access to and how it might be a contributing factor. I don't think that's beyond the realms of possibility.

As for the White Knight nonsense, I'll add it to my list of BS phrases spouted when someone gets offended for being called out on their discrimination.
What discrimination? You are just unwilling to accept facts because you want to be viewed as one of these enlightened, sjw types. Women will never be competitive in men’s sports. That’s not discriminatory. That’s biology. If you are unwilling to accept evidence, knowledge, science and fact and instead of having any evidence to support your contrarian view fall back on the lazy, pathetic, weasels cop out of shouting “discrimination, bigotry, racism“ etc at people more educated in a topic than you, well, good for you.

I mean, I didn't say that at all. I raised a point about the difference in what top level players have access to and how it might be a contributing factor. I don't think that's beyond the realms of possibility.

As for the White Knight nonsense, I'll add it to my list of BS phrases spouted when someone gets offended for being called out on their discrimination.
There’s discrimination, there’s scientifically proven facts and then there’s good old fashioned common sense.
Women just couldn’t make the grade in the men’s game, and realistically why would they want to? Professional women players are very well rewarded for doing a job that most of us would love, they would have to be mad to give up that earning potential, fame and international status to become also rans in the men’s game all in the name of equality.

What discrimination? You are just unwilling to accept facts because you want to be viewed as one of these enlightened, sjw types. Women will never be competitive in men’s sports. That’s not discriminatory. That’s biology. If you are unwilling to accept evidence, knowledge, science and fact and instead of having any evidence to support your contrarian view fall back on the lazy, pathetic, weasels cop out of shouting “discrimination, bigotry, racism“ etc at people more educated in a topic than you, well, good for you.

You haven't provided any evidence, knowledge, science or fact. You've just spouted some slogans and insinuated you are intelligent but haven't backed it up.

You haven't provided any evidence, knowledge, science or fact. You've just spouted some slogans and insinuated you are intelligent but haven't backed it up.
Is the womens world champions getting horsed by an U15 boys team evidence of biological differences after puberty? Or is it just right wing hate?

They do, but they won't have the same amount of resources spent on them in terms of coaches, sports scientists etc. They will also be lower in the pecking order for access to the facilities. We have only really started treating our women's team with any respect in the last few years.
They have a very good set up at auchenhowie, plenty of the above. If their team stayed together for 5 years they'd still be spanked by the under 15's of their time.

They'd be blowing out their arse after 20 minutes keeping up. No lad will think twice about halving you as they piss about on the ball. I watched a fair bit of their games last season as it was available on RTV, it just looks like a different game with the same rules.

More power to the Rangers lassies, keep going and do the Rangers proud.

They have a very good set up at auchenhowie, plenty of the above. If their team stayed together for 5 years they'd still be spanked by the under 15's of their time.

They'd be blowing out their arse after 20 minutes keeping up. No lad will think twice about halving you as they piss about on the ball. I watched a fair bit of their games last season as it was available on RTV, it just looks like a different game with the same rules.

More power to the Rangers lassies, keep going and do the Rangers proud.
I agree with all of this. In terms of hoping they can progress and perform as well as possible. The only thing I am arguing against is women being competitive in men’s leagues. Which should be as apparent as the arguments around flat earth, earth orbiting the sun etc. Some people will just wilfully ignore the enormous objective, subjective, quantitative and qualitative evidence out there.

Mate honestly, you’re having a mare here.

You’ve picked an argument with a subject matter expert in elite sports performance who has clearly laid out his case backed up by scientific evidence throughout the whole thread, which you are completely ignoring in order to accuse him of discrimination.

ffs stop digging! :))

if this happens then they must scrap the womens league
you cant have women playing in a male league and still have a women only league

The world has become a truly bizarre place, where idealistic dogma is given more weight than scientific fact. Theres no woman on the planet who could play for any professional or semi professional mens team. They are at too great a biological disadvantage. Infact its actually highly disrespectful to the men in those teams to suggest it. There is a reason even the great USA womans team was dismantled by Dallas u15s. (They pitched at that level because they felt that was their biological equivalent).

More of this diversity pish. I read a "top" woman's team played a under 16s lads team and the woman got pumped(figuratively)

Go back through the thread. There’s plenty there

Ok, in all seriousness, what do you have against this being ran as a pilot scheme? Surely it is better to try it in practise than to completely discount it without a fair trial?

Ok, in all seriousness, what do you have against this being ran as a pilot scheme? Surely it is better to try it in practise than to completely discount it without a fair trial?
Ok, in all seriousness, every time someone produces factual evidence to dismantle your unsubstantiated opinions are you just going to reframe your position and try to move the goal posts of the specific argument being contested.

I’m out. Allow myself to get drawn into too many daft arguments on here. The people truly exhibiting the prejudiced points of view have been exposed and no point continuing this exercise in futility.

I really don't see the point of it. All it would do is stop the womens enjoyment of the game. It would fly by them and if they did get near the ball, they would soon be bundled off it, even by the slightest of nudges.

Women have their boxing, which is fine to watch when, say the Olympics are on, but could you really put them in the ring with a man. It would not only be ridiculous, they would be putting their life on the line.

Theres a reason 14 year old boys dont play in mens football teams.

On the face of things, I don't have a problem with it, as women will never be good to enough to compete in the men's game at a decent level, so in theory should never affect anything.

The problems will come when they start trying to introduce quotas. The day that happens, the day the game is stone dead.

Thought they had already done that!!
Aiden.jpg

I am seriously wondering what the motivation is behind this pilot. Women might be able to play to a certain level in the men’s game (and even that may be questionable when you see the likes of the USA team struggle against a boy’s team) but not at an elite level. Even the top female players do not have the same physicality etc as the top male players. Why would the top earners in the women’s game want to show themselves up in such a way? It smacks of just being a gimmick to me.

Back