Dutch FA to pilot woman playing in men’s teams

I don’t care what race, creed or colour people are but places on the team should be entirely on being good enough and if that happens to be a woman great but would it lead to something else?
What? Like a baby popping out at HT or during a water break :eek:

Like a lot of posters on here,I used to play at at a good amateur level on a saturday and sunday,if any of the teams I played for were allowed to play in the women's world cup,we would be world champions,simple as that.

Seriously - assuming we don't have any of our current squad on here or former players who are still active, you really believe the best 11 players on here could easily defeat the Rangers ladies team?

There is a challenge in there that I think needs to be put to the ladies coach.

I've played with and against a few members of the US national squad in friendly games. Skilful and quick, excellent players (and it wasn't nice being skinned a few times).

But a decent shot on goal and it's more than likely going in. A good cross into the box and the male player is winning it.

Interesting idea.

There's no doubt that the highest levels of the womens game has excellent technique, but most would struggle to compete in physical aspects with men.

No reason that can't change though.
Im sorry but where are you getting the notion that woman’s football is ”technically excellent”. It’s really not. It’s at the level that of a decent u16s team.

A few years back my pal played a 7s game against a team made up of Glasgow City woman’s team. The best female team in Scotland ever by a country mile. My pal is 17 stone. His team would struggle to run for a minute without heaving.

They played for 50 mins and won by 12 goals.

Seriously - assuming we don't have any of our current squad on here or former players who are still active, you really believe the best 11 players on here could easily defeat the Rangers ladies team?

Yes.

The 11 best players from this forum would beat the Rangers ladies team and it wouldn’t even be close. I wouldn’t be surprised if the players from this forum scored double figures.

The world champion USA woman’s national team got beat by Dallas FC’s under 15 ffs.

This a forum of football fanatics. With thousands of members. No doubt there will be plenty in their teens and 20s who can play a bit. They’d more than likely win handsomely. Teams of 14 year old kids regular pump the leading national sides.

I can only imagine the people trumpeting this white knight nonsense aren’t really big in to sport.

They support Rangers. But they don’t and have never really trained for a sport and don’t watch any other sport.

The problem with this is after a while you would see people complaining that their aren’t enough woman in the squads etc and it will slowly go towards woman playing just because they are female and not cause they are better than one of the male players.

Just look at all the football programmes now, everyone of them has woman commentators and pundits just purely cause they are female.

Yes.

The 11 best players from this forum would beat the Rangers ladies team and it wouldn’t even be close. I wouldn’t be surprised if the players from this forum scored double figures.

The world champion USA woman’s national team got beat by Dallas FC’s under 15 ffs.
Not just beat, the got gubbed 5-2. By a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds

THE DUTCH FOOTBALL Association announced a pioneering scheme on Tuesday, allowing a woman to play competitively at a men's team in the country's ninth tier in the hope of greater womens' participation in the men's game in future.

Ellen Fokkema, 19, is the first player to participate in the pilot and will play for VV Foarut's first team.

Girls and young women are able to play Category A mixed football up to under-19 level but after that have to play with Category B teams.

"It's fantastic that I can continue to play in this team," Fokkema said in a statement.

"I've been playing with these guys since I was five and I was sorry that I wouldn't be able to play with them in a team next year.

"From the KNVB [Dutch FA] I was always advised to continue playing with the boys for as long as possible, so why shouldn't it be possible? It is quite a challenge, but that only excites me more.

"I asked the club if something was possible and together we submitted the request to the KNVB. My teammates also reacted enthusiastically that I can stay with them. I can't say how it will go, but I am very happy anyway that I can participate in this pilot. "

The Dutch FA said they will monitor the progress of the pilot and should it be successful, look at permanently changing the regulations to allow women to play alongside men.

"Every year there is a request from an association to let a woman play football in their first men's team," director of football development at the KNVB Art Langeler said.

"In my opinion it is special that girls at all levels can play mixed football, but as soon as boys move on from under-19 to Category A of the men, they have to play football without the woman in their team.

"The KNVB stands for diversity and equality. We believe that there should be room for everyone in every way."

Women's football was first recognised in the Netherlands in 1971 while mixed football was introduced in 1986.
Shagger lining up a summer move to PSV then!

Interesting idea.

There's no doubt that the highest levels of the womens game has excellent technique, but most would struggle to compete in physical aspects with men.

No reason that can't change though.
In many sports women are technically more proficient however strength power and speed is often the difference

We all know the world has gone crazy,and this
would be the beginning of the end of football as we know it.
I love watching women’s football,but this would be insane.

“And VAR confirms she was grabbed on the left tit by the opposing player”
And if that was one of our players fouling one of theirs, you can see months of front page headlines. The poor bastard would be answering sex assault charges

Trouble for me is physicality, there are some exceptional female players who could quite easily match good Male players. However a female is physically not strong enough, imagine a marvin Andrew's type CH going up against a 5.6 female striker. Either the female has a real potential to get injured or the Male doesnt commit to the challenge as normal. Some sports work with mixed competitions, football isnt one of them

Trouble for me is physicality, there are some exceptional female players who could quite easily match good Male players. However a female is physically not strong enough, imagine a marvin Andrew's type CH going up against a 5.6 female striker. Either the female has a real potential to get injured or the Male doesnt commit to the challenge as normal. Some sports work with mixed competitions, football isnt one of them

There are no exceptional woman footballers.

Great idea...

Imagine some of the cretins in our Premier League elbowing a lassie in the face who plays for Rangers ?!

That thug that played for Motherwell who all but destroyed the face and confidence of our young Portuguese centre-back Cardoso...doing the same to a woman !

An extremely dangerous road to go down. Especially in a league where some players are fair game.

I don’t care what race, creed or colour people are but places on the team should be entirely on being good enough and if that happens to be a woman great but would it lead to something else?
So what if a man wants to play on a ladies team? Is the qualification only based on ‘being good enough’?

I agree. Would just be interested to see how an 11 from this forum would fair against our ladies team.
Depends on how good the players are. The ladies team are at the higher level of women’s football so I wouldn’t assume you’d just stick out any old group of 11 to win comfortably other than through physicality alone. In the same way that you wouldn’t expect an amateur men’s tennis player to beat even a top 200 women’s. The debate is more around women playing in and against men’s teams at a decent level.

Depends on how good the players are. The ladies team are at the higher level of women’s football so I wouldn’t assume you’d just stick out any old group of 11 to win comfortably other than through physicality alone. In the same way that you wouldn’t expect an amateur men’s tennis player to beat even a top 200 women’s. The debate is more around women playing in and against men’s teams at a decent level.

I know and I get that and I agree the idea is ludicrous.

However I am not one for writing women off completely as having absolutely no talent like was suggested earlier by another poster.

I know we have 11 on here who are of a good standard.

I would just be interested to see the outcome of a challenge match.

Women are shi*e at football. I've never watched more than 10 minutes of a woman's match, as it's fu**ing awful.

There are generally a couple of players who might be better than the rest, yet they are still utter gash by male standards.

Any decent boys team would pump any womens team, its not just about physicality, its more to do with them being fu**ing pish.

I think you're seriously overestimating women's football mate.

Some random under 15s team in America beat the US Woman's National Team comfortably a while back.

Honestly I could assemble a team from guys who only play 7s once a week that'd beat the Scottish national side or the Rangers Ladies team. No doubt about it whatsoever. The old FF games on a Saturday across from Ibrox could easily assemble 11 players to beat them. Can't believe it's even up for debate. Im going to assume people have never actually seen women playing up close or played with/against any of them.

Also to the poster saying women would probably have to drop to Serie B / Ligue 2 or whatever before they'd get in a team...mental. No female footballer would get into top junior sides.

If you watched that final and didn't think any of those players have decent technique then you're at it.
Look at the recap of the England - USA game, some of those goals were very nice.

Listen, it's fine if you don't like women football, I personally wouldn't watch it unless it's like a World Cup and even then only the top countries. But pretending they don't have technique or talent is ridiculous.

The 2 USA goals were headers directly at the England keeper :D

Fair enough mate, they do have technique/talent but its technique/talent which is on a par with about 12 year old boys club football.

I could get 11 lads out my local to beat the current Rangers women side - probably at shutting time aswell.

Players routinely grab and jolst each other during corner kicks ect, it would only be matter of time before a women player took the huff and claimed sexual assault.

Why? Surely if they're good enough whats the problem. The crux of the matter will be if they are good enough.
And the crux of the matter is they will never have the physique and skill of a man so the idea is a load of PC bollocks.

And the crux of the matter is they will never have the physique and skill of a man so the idea is a load of PC bollocks.
Exactly, but they will have to find out the hard way. That's why I put if they're good enough.

Can you imagine Alex Morgan getting smashed off Kyle Bartley! (In a tackle ya dirty buggers)

Back