Dutch FA to pilot woman playing in men’s teams

If they want in then let them try. There is too much money in football for equality based employment, that's why you don't see any "there must be X amount of ethnic minority players, or X amount of LGBT players" in football (or pro sports in general). Its a merit based industry so if the ladies want to play, then I say give them a chance to earn a spot just like a lad would, the ones that make it would be few and far between I imagine, but I wouldn't be against Rangers hiring a woman if she was capable of playing at the same level as her male colleagues. Also, lets not pretend we wouldn't love laughing at Scott Brown if he got shown up on the pitch by a lassie

If this happens in big leagues I'll not bother with football anymore.

Come on, even if it was mandated that women would be allowed access at a decent professional level of the mens game the simple truth is they are simply not good enough and (trying not to be controversial) they never will be.

From what I witnessed at last years Woman's WC I would be shocked if a woman's World 11 were not comfortably beaten by almost any lowly professional mens team from anywhere in the World.

A Scottish version including females doesn't bear thinking about they'd be worse disputing decisions more than The Tim's .

It would Give an Askit a sore heed

Although the Wummin will always be more adept & professional than that bunch it's that 0.01% of Imperfection

If they want in then let them try. There is too much money in football for equality based employment, that's why you don't see any "there must be X amount of ethnic minority players, or X amount of LGBT players" in football (or pro sports in general). Its a merit based industry so if the ladies want to play, then I say give them a chance to earn a spot just like a lad would, the ones that make it would be few and far between I imagine, but I wouldn't be against Rangers hiring a woman if she was capable of playing at the same level as her male colleagues. Also, lets not pretend we wouldn't love laughing at Scott Brown if he got shown up on the pitch by a lassie
No female would show a professional male footballer up on a football pitch. It's fantasy stuff and typical of the pandering society we live in.

Why? Surely if they're good enough whats the problem. The crux of the matter will be if they are good enough.

I think the problem is teams will start getting pressured to include women in their squads or be deemed sexist.

The problem with this is after a while you would see people complaining that their aren’t enough woman in the squads etc and it will slowly go towards woman playing just because they are female and not cause they are better than one of the male players.

Just look at all the football programmes now, everyone of them has woman commentators and pundits just purely cause they are female.
Exactly. Why not poll the viewing public if they want women pundits. 80% no at least.

If the women are good enough I honestly wouldn’t have a problem with it.

When I grew up there were a couple of girls who’d play with us that were cracking players you were happy to have on your team.

Obviously at professional level it’s a completely different kettle of fish and I fail to see how women could match men’s superior physiques at the top level, but maybe in the lower divisions it could become more of a common sight?

This thread is hilarious. No one is suggesting women get drafted into Premier League first teams at the expense of other players. It's a pilot trial to see if it will work. If it doesn't, fine, they tried. But what if it does?

A massive reason in the gap in ability of professional men v women players is that the men have been at it for far longer, with far more money playing with far better facilities. Playing with better players will improve any player, certainly challenge them. There is a ceiling at the moment to women's football, maybe this as an idea will raise that ceiling.

Again, it's a trial. No one is suggesting we swap our first team for 50% female players. Just seems like a lot of men in here are worried that some women might have a chance to challenge themselves and further their career. Best to just keep them down eh?

s7oSRij.gif

This thread is hilarious. No one is suggesting women get drafted into Premier League first teams at the expense of other players. It's a pilot trial to see if it will work. If it doesn't, fine, they tried. But what if it does?

A massive reason in the gap in ability of professional men v women players is that the men have been at it for far longer, with far more money playing with far better facilities. Playing with better players will improve any player, certainly challenge them. There is a ceiling at the moment to women's football, maybe this as an idea will raise that ceiling.

Again, it's a trial. No one is suggesting we swap our first team for 50% female players. Just seems like a lot of men in here are worried that some women might have a chance to challenge themselves and further their career. Best to just keep them down eh?
It's a complete waste of time. The best women's team in the world got hammered by a boys under 15 team. They will never be able to compete with men.

The current practice 'Shirt grabbing' - especially at set pieces - would then have to be opened up to all kinds of interesting interpretations by the referee!! New rules would have to be written in the case of free kicks and penalties, for possible sexual assault on players of the opposite gender.

It's a complete waste of time. The best women's team in the world got hammered by a boys under 15 team. They will never be able to compete with men.

Maybe it won't work, there is a difference to 1 woman in a team of men to a full womens team. Doesn't hurt to try though does it?

Maybe it won't work, there is a difference to 1 woman in a team of men to a full womens team. Doesn't hurt to try though does it?
The first 50/50 full blooded challenge between a 12st male centre half and an 8st female striker might.

It's a trial for 1 19yr old in the 9th Division in Holland, (which in scottish terms is the 2nd division in Juniors or amateurs depending on region) At that level theres a good chance she might not be any better or worse than the rest of her squad & if she's been good enough to play with them up until now, what difference does it make if she's 18,19, or 30

People in this thread were suggesting that 'top women' could play in the SPL, 2nd division in France/Italy etc & that Serena Williams could beat Federer etc which is what took it way off-topic

Maybe I should be allowed to trial for our women's team then? I would bet some of them will be on a decent wage and I have no doubt that I would walk into that side so I should surely deserve a chance to challenge myself and further my career?

It's a trial for 1 19yr old in the 9th Division in Holland, (which in scottish terms is the 2nd division in Juniors or amateurs depending on region) At that level theres a good chance she might not be any better or worse than the rest of her squad & if she's been good enough to play with them up until now, what difference does it make if she's 18,19, or 30

People in this thread were suggesting that 'top women' could play in the SPL, 2nd division in France/Italy etc & that Serena Williams could beat Federer etc which is what took it way off-topic
A woman in the Ayrshire juniors? She wouldn’t last two minutes before she was put into the stand.

Why can’t they just fucking leave the game alone.

I don’t see rugby or American football going the same way

Its a gimmick and nothing more.

Women can develop fantastic touch and ball skills but they can't compete physically with male footballers. Tackling will be risky and there will be a greater risk of injury. The general physicality of a game will take its toll and I doubt that a woman could last 90 minutes playing in a full paced mens game.

You have no idea what makes a professional athlete. Laughable view. But you showed your white knight credentials. So well done.

Maybe I should be allowed to trial for our women's team then? I would bet some of them will be on a decent wage and I have no doubt that I would walk into that side so I should surely deserve a chance to challenge myself and further my career?

You have completely missed the point of the trial.

You have no idea what makes a professional athlete. Laughable view. But you showed your white knight credentials. So well done.

I'll bite mate. What makes a professional athlete. Please, be my white knight and explain to me.

Got a question for the fantasists.

When people bring up the many examples of boys teams stomping the best senior women’s teams, we are told that it is about individuals, not players.

If a team of boys are whipping a team of women, the average player in the boys team is better than the average player in the ladies team? And it stands to reason the best players in the the boys teams will be better than the best players in the ladies teams.

As you believe the best ladies can play for St Mirren, Serie B, Ligue 2, where are all the 14 year old boys playing elite men’s football?

What next woman in the NFL!!

You just know that teams will target them physically and so they should but I’d imagine they’d be more protected than goalkeepers

Like most things on this thread you are misunderstanding the use of the white knight term.

I'm not, it's was as intentionally absurd a use as yours was. You didn't answer my question either, I'm awaiting your expert advice.

the scotland women's team is about the same level as a local under 15 boys amateur side

The USA have been the best women’s team for the last 20 years. In their warm up games they play against boys u-15 teams, as that’s the best test they can get. They are regularly beaten by 5 and 6 by the boys. It’s basically a different sport.

This is an absolute joke. I've never been s disgusted by aything in my life.
I mean, come on to fūck FF, 6 pages in and not a single photo of this broad!!
Anyone who has posted on this thread and not posted a picture ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

310x0_1596646094417.Ellen_Fokkema.jpg

Last edited:
Come on, even if it was mandated that women would be allowed access at a decent professional level of the mens game the simple truth is they are simply not good enough and (trying not to be controversial) they never will be.

From what I witnessed at last years Woman's WC I would be shocked if a woman's World 11 were not comfortably beaten by almost any lowly professional mens team from anywhere in the World.
Would this work in reverse? Eg men being mandated into women’s teams. I agree totally with your point around ability but I think this could open a can of worms that very few would welcome.

If they’re better than the men I’d want them in the team.

However, at top club level at Rangers that would never happen because the stamina and physical qualities required are too much for any woman.
I can’t stop thinking of the Williams sisters being beaten by a guy out with the top two hundred in the men’s game.
It’s hard to believe it could happen at the top level.
In saying that, they’ll probably complain at the “lack of representation” and change some rules to accommodate.

I'm not, it's was as intentionally absurd a use as yours was. You didn't answer my question either, I'm awaiting your expert advice.
You claimed the only reason men are better than women is greater exposure. My comment was in relation to yours. I have said nothing absurd in this thread; Only you and the white knighting few. Go back and read the whole thread to understand more about an area you clearly know nothing about.

If they’re good enough I see absolutely no reason why not.
You look at some female crossfit athletes and they are solid. Physicality is a part of the game but not the be all and end all.

If they’re good enough I see absolutely no reason why not.
You look at some female crossfit athletes and they are solid. Physicality is a part of the game but not the be all and end all.
They're not good enough, quick enough or strong enough and they never will be. That's the whole point.

Last edited:
You claimed the only reason men are better than women is greater exposure. My comment was in relation to yours. I have said nothing absurd in this thread; Only you and the white knighting few. Go back and read the whole thread to understand more about an area you clearly know nothing about.

I mean, I didn't say that at all. I raised a point about the difference in what top level players have access to and how it might be a contributing factor. I don't think that's beyond the realms of possibility.

As for the White Knight nonsense, I'll add it to my list of BS phrases spouted when someone gets offended for being called out on their discrimination.

I mean, I didn't say that at all. I raised a point about the difference in what top level players have access to and how it might be a contributing factor. I don't think that's beyond the realms of possibility.

As for the White Knight nonsense, I'll add it to my list of BS phrases spouted when someone gets offended for being called out on their discrimination.
Rangers lassies have access to The Rangers Training Center, top class stuff.

They'd be spanked by the under 15's.

Back