Dutch Football

Yeah, that's a great read as well. Especially the chapter on Inter where Bergkamp gives his opinion on his time there and the Italian team mates give theirs.
I'm a big Interis
Yeah, that's a great read as well. Especially the chapter on Inter where Bergkamp gives his opinion on his time there and the Italian team mates give theirs.
As a "fan" of the Nerazzurri, I'd be interested in what had to say about his time at the Meazza.

Notice to Ryan Kent. Watch how van Perzie takes a ball at the front post and practise.

Might be a bit unfair to compare a young winger to one of the most talented centre forwards of his generation.

8CfRHxe.png

Should be home wins for Ajax and PSV at the top.

PSV have a 5 point lead after the Feyenoord's emphatic win last week so Ajax probably can't afford to drop any more points here.

As always for our posters wanting to watch all over the world:

IHOjQsg.png

6XVQICb.png

Might be a bit unfair to compare a young winger to one of the most talented centre forwards of his generation.

8CfRHxe.png

Should be home wins for Ajax and PSV at the top.

PSV have a 5 point lead after the Feyenoord's emphatic win last week so Ajax probably can't afford to drop any more points here.

As always for our posters wanting to watch all over the world:

IHOjQsg.png

6XVQICb.png
I wasn't comparing them mate just that Kent and anyone really should learn from a master. The way van Perzie cushioned the ball into the net was exquisite.

XOFQvvz.png

6-0 for Ajax followed up by 5-0 for PSV.

I think Feyenoord were already well out of the title race but that's probably it confirmed.

The Eredivisie is no longer going to be shown on Eleven Sports but apparently Free Sports or Premier Sports may be picking it up.

Ajax were 1/18 to win last night on Betfair.

Pretty rubbish odds for 1st vs 8th. Obviously entirely correct looking at the 6-0 scoreline but I don't think we (or the scum) ever get odds as low as that for a home win to a mid-table side.

Dutch football is fantastic. Goals goals goals!

It seems like every year you're getting the first look at someone who's going to be one of the best players in the world as well once they've moved on.

Bit harder to follow (I think) with Eleven Sports getting rid of it and Premier Sports picking it up.

GW20 details below:

3tDc48J.png

No real surprise that NAC Breda were on the receiving end of a 3-0 doing last night.

As usual for anyone watching around the world:

NyPAO5n.png

OAriKuw.png

PSV Eindhoven away to Utrecht is on Premier Sports 2 tomorrow so I'll probably watch that live.

Just looking at the volume of games on TV it looks like their television deal puts ours to shame. Most games in the league are available to watch live every weekend domestically. I know that we have the stupid 3pm rule to contend with but it baffles me that we still have that at all. Fox Sports seem to have the rights to all of their domestic football and Ziggo Sports shows other European leagues from what I can tell. I'm not sure who gets their Premier League games if anyone else knows.

It might have been easy enough to miss it earlier in the thread but the Football Oranje site is really good.

http://www.football-oranje.com/juventus-barcelona-the-six-transfer-options-for-matthijs-de-ligt/

http://www.football-oranje.com/advocaat-says-no-to-feyenoord/

Advocaat turning down Feyenoord is a strange one.

Dick Advocaat has rejected the chance to become the new head coach of Feyenoord.

With Giovanni van Bronckhorst leaving at the end of the season, Advocaat was Feyenoord’s number one candidate.

The veteran coach was Feyenoord director Martin van Geel’s ideal candidate to take over for a year before passing the ropes to Dirk Kuyt. However, Advocaat has now rejected the offer, due to the negative response around his potential appointment.

Speaking to De Telegraaf, Advocaat said, “I had an introductory meeting with Feyenoord. I’m not going to talk about that, that was a conversation without one of the parties already drawing conclusions, but I decided not to follow up on that first conversation.

“Feyenoord is a very big club and for me it was really a great honour to be able to work there, but there has been such a negative atmosphere about my possible appointment that I came to this decision, because that negative atmosphere, that’s not what Feyenoord is waiting for. and me neither.”

Feyenoord now must switch to plan B to replace Van Bronckhorst. Henk Fraser and Maurice Steijn are the other names to be linked with the position so far.

It sounds like the person making the decision wanted him but the fans didn't?

Is that right for any Feyenoord fans reading?

Just seen there that Ajax lost 1-0 away to Heracles. That gives PSV the opportunity to go 8 points clear tomorrow if they beat Utrecht away. Not over but a nice lead to have at this stage of the season.

Just seen there that Ajax lost 1-0 away to Heracles. That gives PSV the opportunity to go 8 points clear tomorrow if they beat Utrecht away. Not over but a nice lead to have at this stage of the season.
No chance of PSV blowing it if they win tomorrow

It might have been easy enough to miss it earlier in the thread but the Football Oranje site is really good.

http://www.football-oranje.com/juventus-barcelona-the-six-transfer-options-for-matthijs-de-ligt/

http://www.football-oranje.com/advocaat-says-no-to-feyenoord/

Advocaat turning down Feyenoord is a strange one.

It sounds like the person making the decision wanted him but the fans didn't?

Is that right for any Feyenoord fans reading?

Pretty much yeah. Nothing against the man himself, just the tactical part seems the issue and that he would be likely just be staying for a year or so.

2 weeks after Ajax were 3 minutes of injury time away from going top.

Anyone else they're likely to accept/move for?

No one with experience.

Advocaat said no due to the fans, van Gaal would never go due to the fans, so the only options are coaches from lower teams or without experience like Kuyt (who hasn't gotten his diploma yet)

Henk Fraser with John de Wolf seem to be frontrunners, but while Fraser did ok with Vitesse he is doing shite with Sparta Rotterdam in the first division.

But I guess it depends on the material you have on hand.

I'd personally go for Ron Jans or a foreign coach.

Utrecht my Dutch team, again because of Mols.

Tight start to the league but there’s a lot of pressure on Ajax to deliver the title given the eye watering amount of money they spent in the summer.

Aye but don’t think they will win it. PSV have dominated Dutch football since Ajax last won the title in 2014 and are a better side than Ajax having thrashed them 3-0 the last twice they played them. Lozano is a magician in that PSV side and great to watch. I love this league for goals and bet on it a lot.
Great thought they are, PSV may well be vulnerable tomorrow against Advocats Utrecht who are in an awful run and must start winning again and PSV may be missing Lozano and Berghuis which would be a major blow.

The Feynoord job is a funny one. I would imagine they wanted Advocaat to bring on Kuyt so I think they will be looking in that ballpark. Would Kuyt and Gullit be an option? Gullit has a big name as player but as a manager has not been great. Another option would be Kuyt and Erwin Koeman. Koeman was well liked until Feynoord went financially bums up in 2009 If Ron Jans gets it I will be shocked and totally doubt he will be considered. I wanted him for the Rangers job before Caixinha but to be honest he has made a bit of a prick of himself as technical director at Groningen. There are not that many good Dutch managers at the moment. If they wanted Fraser he would have been named by now so he would be considered second choice.

What stadiums we been to in the Netherlands?
I've done :
Feyenoord
PSV
Ajax
Utrecht
Sparta Rotterdam
Go Ahead Eagles
Excelsior

i keep an eye on dutch football every week i was a season ticket holder at feyenoord for 5 years moved back to scotland in 2000 and been a season ticket holder ever since

Watching Feyenoord game just now, they’ve been horrific.

Big Jorgensen upront looks completely uninterested, as opposed to opposition who are knocking their pans in.

PSV dropping points away at Heerenveen closes the gap to 5 points.

It's looking like the title race will go all the way to the last game of the season.

What gives me the slightest bit of hope (for our own situation) is how much more achievable a 5 point lead is to catch. Obviously different seasons entirely with both Ajax and PSV being so consistent - but but if we pick up a win and they throw one away and it's looking a lot better, as this table does now.

1vrj5RZ.png

QLSmJap.png

6Aa3N8Q.png

NbUJAT1.png

PSV vs Feyenoord is on Premier Sports on Sunday at 1.30pm.

Clashes with our away game at Hamilton sadly but probably a decent game if Feyenoord can produce the kind of performance they put in against Ajax recently.

CR9ENVj.png

Feyenoord doing Ajax a massive favour there. I posted a few weeks ago that PSV had a decent lead and that Ajax were going to do some serious chasing to catch up.

It just goes to show how quickly the league table can change in football in a few games.

I'd like to think that Motherwell scoring a dodgy last minute penalty here will do the same for us. :D

Nope. It's a terrible league, albeit hase some good players. When Michael Higdon left Motherwell he scored 13 goals in one season for a club fighting relegation. Clubs should best be very wary signing strikers that have good scoring records in Holland. As a number of them who have rattled them in in Holland has failed miserably when they take a step up. Take Afonso Alves when he scored 45 goals in 39 games for Heerenveen and went to Middlesbrough for big money and was absolute trash. There's countless examples of this. Outside the big 3 or 4 clubs the level is very poor

I always had the dislike for Feyenoord and they were more the team that aligned themselves with the poets. Plus 2002 still hurts me.

Always thought PSV were okay.

I know it won't change your view, but I would like to point out that Feyenoord was formed as a protestant club called Wilhelmina and played in Red, white and blue.

PSV however was formed by some catholic factory workers.

Missed the Feyenoord vs Ajax game last night for our game.

Sounds like a bit of revenge in the cup after the 6-2 drubbing a few weeks ago.

15AxXwM.png

While we fcked it up and didn't deserve to win, I do need to point out the following issues.

1. ajax player gets yellow after nearly breaking someone's ankle
2. The 0-1 came after a corner which was never a corner, ajax player touched the ball last.
3. 0-2 came from a offside position.
4. Handball without penalty given.

The 0-3 was a nice goal though.

Combine that with Gio's idiotic tactics of taking off a striker for a striker and a defender for a defender while being behind makes me happy that he's leaving this season. I just hope the technical manager van Geel follows suit.

Ajax to me define what a proper football Club is.

In what way?

Local newspaper AT5 reporting Ajax have made 20.3 million profit from the first half of the season. Different planet from Scot's fitba.

I'm not a Celtic fan so I don't have an in-depth working knowledge of opposition finances.

How far off are Celtic from that figure generally?

The Netherlands is a small country but they've got about 17 million people to our roughly 5.5 million.

Re books try My Turn Cryuff's autobiography it is absolutely amazing. Now knowing why he didn't go to Argentina in 1978, you wonder the difference he would have made. Another great book is Brilliant Orange.

Back