Dutch Football

we35oLE.png

Looking like Ajax's title unless they have an absolute collapse next week.

Last game of the season underway. Ajax just need to avoid losing 14-0 at 17th place De Graafschap to clinch the league, still 0-0 after 20 mins so it's looking good.

Strange having the last day of the league season on a Wednesday.

It was meant to end on Sunday mate but all the fixtures were postponed from the weekend before the CL match so Ajax got rest ahead of Spurs. Can remember them finishing seasons on Thursday afternoons before mind, think on Kings Day over there.

Last game of the season underway. Ajax just need to avoid losing 14-0 at 17th place De Graafschap to clinch the league, still 0-0 after 20 mins so it's looking good.

Strange having the last day of the league season on a Wednesday.

I was just thinking that it's odd but they don't seem to think their society is one set of bad results away from collapsing like ours.

Like the way over there they set all their kick off times in stone before the first match is played, helps with planning etc for fans.

I was just thinking that it's odd but they don't seem to think their society is one set of bad results away from collapsing like ours.

The commentator mentioned that they've closed all museums and public buildings for the day in case the fans get "overly boisterous" so maybe they're as uncivilised as we are.

2-1 to Ajax now.

Tadic makes it 3-1.

The commentator on Premier Sport just mentioned that was the 59th goal he'd either scored or assisted this season.

Wonder if he's making an argument for being a big fish in a small pond.

Anyone else Youssef El Jebli of De Graafschap would be a good option for us? 10 goals and 7 assists in the league from midfield at a team which is about to be relegated from the eredivisie?

Cant help but admire what Ajax achieved this season in the Champions League in getting to the semi final, seconds away from reaching the final I shall add. Some of their results where inspirational.

With Barca, PSG and Man City all preparing bids for Ajax stopper de Ligt .....Celtc are said to be interested in his younger brothers Angel and Afternoon.

A player I had a look at recently who looks pretty decent is Michel Vlap at Heerenveen. Surely he will move on to bigger things?

I know it's not Dutch, but close enough....

KRC Genk just drew at Anderlecht while Brugge lost at 4th placed Standard Liege (managed by FF darling Michel Preud'homme) so Genk have clinched the Belgian championship.

Vitesse v Utrecht in the Europa League playoffs just now. Utrecht walking it, 2-0 up and Vitesse down to 10 men. Utrecht manager Dick Advocaat still knows what he's doing.

Some result in the second league, Go Ahead Eagles - RKC.

RKC were up 0-2 and then conceded 3, back to 3-3, 4-3 in the 90th min and they score the equaliser in the 95th, a minute later they even go on to win 4-5 and they go up to the Eredivisie.

A lot of Ajax fans like us. There seems to be this unwritten friendship between the clubs due to the likes of Shota, Laudrup, De Boer brothers etc playing there as well as many Feynoord fans prefer Celtic.

Some money on a teenager, but their model is and has certainly brought success. You have the obvious De Jong and De Ligt from this year's Champions League exposure but don't forget the ÂŁ45m Spurs paid them for Sanchez.
For once we have finally got a gem early in their career (Morelos) we need to keep him we really do, I'm convinced a 55 year and a year of CL exposure and the figure is mind blowing...but I know if the 18-20m bid comes he's Joe Ra Toff

They're already over 100 million up on transfer fees this window according to my quick and relatively poor maths.

First game of the season tonight is between PEC Zwolle and Willem II.

Is the champions playing in the 'opening game' of the season just a Scottish thing?

Possibility of PSV in the next round of Europa if we get past the Danes. Didn't realise they were so close to Ajax last season although looks like they choked. How are they looking this season? Always remember Van Bommel as a real dirty bastard midfielder. Are there team in the mould of their manager?

4PWKFs2.png

Willem II top of the table if only for a day.

eubHFs8.png

Vitesse vs Ajax is apparently about to kick off on Premier Sport however it might be a rugby game instead.

Back