Dyche to the unwashed?

They are already frothing at the mouth at the possibility that it is Moyes on Twitter, lovely.

If he's a manager I'm not watching next season we're going to finish 20 points behind Rangers who are s*** David Moyes is an absolute t***** as a manager”

:D

I'm not underestimating them. They're capable of breaking the bank just to secure '10'. Even if this means a downsizing for a good few years after, I wouldn't put it past them.
In my opinion it’s not, solely, about what they are prepared to throw at it. Both Benitez and Dyche, if moving on, will have offers from elsewhere that will pay at least as much as the Dhims would and which would see then stay in the EPL or another top league. The only way they attract a ‘name’ is if said individual’s career has stalled and they are long-term unemployed.

Depends on the individuals too. For Dyche it’s a massive step up and you actually could say Benitez’ career has stalled somewhat. This is a guy that’s used to winning things and is now at mid-table mediocrity. We can all see how the scum are unravelling, but from the outside their stock will be high.

As VB says, I wouldn’t put it past them going all out for the 10. Here’s hoping you are right though.

Edit - sorry I must’ve forgot who I was replying to mid-type. You both get my point though :)

Is Benitez or Dyche that laughable? They threw a ridiculous wage at Rogers. I can’t think either of those two will be on much more.

Like you and @MearnsUnionist im hoping for Lennon or Moyes.

Benitez is on £6m a year at Newcastle. They were paying Rodgers a third of that and it was still far and away the biggest managerial spend they’ve ever made. There’s ‘breaking the bank’ and there’s sheer idiocy, even if Benitez would take the job in the first place.

No idea on Dyche, but is his stock really likely to rise that much if he comes up here?

Lennon will be the last choice if Moyes doesn’t sign.
If Moyes gets an offer down south before he signs for them he’ll go down south

Whit?! Newcastle are paying that? Surprised to read that mate, genuinely thought it would be closer to £2.5m a year.

Can’t find the source right now but I remember reading an article a few years back which had Rafa Benitez in the top 10 best paid managers in Europe (if not the world) when Newcastle were in the Championship.

Benitez is on £6m a year at Newcastle. They were paying Rodgers a third of that and it was still far and away the biggest managerial spend they’ve ever made. There’s ‘breaking the bank’ and there’s sheer idiocy, even if Benitez would take the job in the first place.

No idea on Dyche, but is his stock really likely to rise that much if he comes up here?

Aye as said I’d no idea he was on that amount. Surprises me I must admit.

I think with our league your stock only rises if you dominate. And as said from the outside he’d be thinking he’s coming into a dominant side, chance of winning and Champions League.

Whit?! Newcastle are paying that? Surprised to read that mate, genuinely thought it would be closer to £2.5m a year.

They're pushing the boat out to keep him. They already broke their transfer limit last season for him and the main point of contention for this round of negotiations was around their policy of not signing anyone over the age of 26, which Rafa wants to be able to do.

Can’t find the source right now but I remember reading an article a few years back which had Rafa Benitez in the top 10 best paid managers in Europe (if not the world) when Newcastle were in the Championship.
They're pushing the boat out to keep him. They already broke their transfer limit last season for him and the main point of contention for this round of negotiations was around their policy of not signing anyone over the age of 26, which Rafa wants to be able to do.
Yea 6 million a year mate

Tbh I shouldn’t be that surprised. The money down there has went batshit. I actually had a ST at Newcastle for one season a few years ago and they were completely tin pot mentality. Didn’t make a signing for 18 months or something. I must admit I don’t follow it that closely now.

Ashley pays rafa big bucks and by doing so doesnt have to spend on players because rafa gets the best out them and keeps them up (and keeps the PL money flowing in)

The 10 best paid coaches in Europe

Coach
TeamAnnual salary (€)*
1 Mourinho Manchester United 17,6 Guardiola Manchester City 17,6 3 Ancelotti Bayern 10,56 4 Wenger Arsenal 9,97 5 Klopp Liverpool 8,21 6 Conte Chelsea 7,62 7 Pochettino Tottenham 6,45 8 Zidane Real Madrid 5,28 9 Simeone Atlético 5,16 10 Benítez Newcastle 4,7

so hes not getting £6mill a year but they would need to pay more than double what they paid the wax work to even get his interest

He gets €5 million or £4.2 Sterling a year, don’t know where people are getting £10 million a year from not even Klopp or Conte gets near that.

A just got a screenshot of a what’s group message saying it’s Poch and he will be announced after the Champ League final.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Was Moyes not decent at Everton? Fair enough he’s failed elsewhere but doesn’t mean he’ll fail at them.

Was Moyes not decent at Everton? Fair enough he’s failed elsewhere but doesn’t mean he’ll fail at them.
Failed at Sociedad, West Ham (did ok), Man Utd and terrible at Sunderland.

They seem to think its Benitez becausr one posters said his son who is a youth player told him :eek:

Not guaranteed he will fail at them but his stock is very low just now

Both Benitez & Dyche are highly thought of and if either decide to leave the Premier League club they are currently managing successfully, why on earth would they consider for a second coming to Scotland when they would both have lucrative options elsewhere? Swapping visits to Old Trafford and The Emirates etc for Hamilton Accies and Ross County? Coming up on the off chance they make it through the CL qualifiers, so they can get royally pumped in the group stage like Brendan did? I just can't take these rumours seriously.
And that should be the end of the thread.

Failed at Sociedad, West Ham (did ok), Man Utd and terrible at Sunderland.

They seem to think its Benitez becausr one posters said his son who is a youth player told him :eek:

Not guaranteed he will fail at them but his stock is very low just now

Whoever it is I hope they fail and the serious meltdown starts

My thoughts also. Can just see it, some tramp has fed one of us some shite rumour knowing full well they’d come and start a thread on here. ‘Hey lads he actually fell for it and they’ve 20 odd pages discussing it!’

Maybe they can have a look in the child abuse threads while they are in then , as %^*& all ever on their forums .

Moyes would be a massive upgrade on Lennon. Their fans wouldn’t be happy which would be a bonus but he’s more than competent for the SPFL. He’ll play boring football but it will probably be effective. I’d rather they didn’t get him tbh.

I'm sure the paedo ring stories in the national news will have lots of managers willing to take massive wage cuts to go to the Stad de Gadd....
Was just thinking along similar lines mate , they may also be wanting to wait see if there will be a Stad de Gadd for much longer ......fingers crossed .

Moyes would be a massive upgrade on Lennon. Their fans wouldn’t be happy which would be a bonus but he’s more than competent for the SPFL. He’ll play boring football but it will probably be effective. I’d rather they didn’t get him tbh.
I think the same. Hell tighten up their defence. I dont know how hed be when he needs to break down a 10 man defence.

I hope its AVB. He'll have a year to scout out what the hell Scottish football is all about while we have a steady management team and know the recruitment required.

AVB won't have a clue that pansy silky players don't cut it

Back