Dyche to the unwashed?

On that basis why would he not consider an offer from the scum if they promised him ( a ) the money, and ( b ) a crack at Europe on an annual basis where the expectation is to finish third in the group then have a Europa League run to sustain revenues that would cover his exorbitant wages and player recruitment.

Benitez is not a manager interested in cruising and simply earning a big salary for little achievement.

He stayed with Newcastle because he was with them when they went down and he wanted to get them back in the EPL and high up the table into European spots.

He wants a challenge and he wants to be able to manage at the top level.

All the noise coming out of things around his contract are to do with him wanting to have greater control over transfers in and out. Money doesn't seem to be playing any great part in where the negotiations were focused.

Coming to a shite league up here and going into the CL to get embarrassed and drop into the EL to get booted out again is far from the man's MO and it's as much as the mhanks could offer him.

They have a running history of losing managers as soon as they start making demands for more resource to make real headway at CL level. They simply don't fund those requests and managers get sick of winning one-horse races for diddy leagues and cups.

Benitez wants to manage in the EPL, finish high up in that and get onto the European stage from there.

There's genuinely nothing the tims are able to offer that seems to meet anything like his ambitions and he's notorious for being very astute and detailed in how he goes about things, so I would doubt he would miss the fact they haven't backed any of their managers in recent times to the extent requried to take them up a level - even Rodgers.

I think it will be Lennon. I think something would have been leaked more concrete than the scattergun guesses and there’s no way they haven’t got someone agreed at this point starting Europe so early.

Despite all this I do think they could attract a decent manager if they paid the wages. It’s a big job, as is us. Dyche sat at a club like Burnley for years getting pigeon holed as a defensive manager is someone I could see tempted into one of the jobs.

Us and them are big fish in a small pond but the opportunities at both could be seen as much more attractive than avoiding relegation every year whilst spunking a big budget on overpaid dross.

As I said I will be happy when they appoint Lennon. I actually think moyes is a better manager than given credit for also. (Benitez though :D:D:D).

The Newcastle Chronicle are citing reports in Italy that Benitez has agreed to stay at Newcastle and Ashley has agreed to back his ambitions in the transfer market. He was heavily linked with Roma.

Benitez is not a manager interested in cruising and simply earning a big salary for little achievement.

valid points and all being well he will sign another deal with Newcastle.

Reports coming out of Italy that Benitez is not interested in the Roma job having been approached for it as he is planning to stay with Newcastle. Hopefully true. Fuckin mentally challengeds.

https://www.calciomercato.it/news/339867/roma_svolta_benitez_c_e_l_incontro

https://www.calciomercato.it/news/340299/roma_sfuma_benitez_allenatore_accontentato_dal_newcastle

That lot seething as one of lawwells online mouthpieces stuck out an article praising Moyes, Looks like its him or Lennon

He stayed with Newcastle because he was with them when they went down and he wanted to get them back in the EPL and high up the table into European spots.

He wants a challenge and he wants to be able to manage at the top level.

All the noise coming out of things around his contract are to do with him wanting to have greater control over transfers in and out. Money doesn't seem to be playing any great part in where the negotiations were focused.

Coming to a shite league up here and going into the CL to get embarrassed and drop into the EL to get booted out again is far from the man's MO and it's as much as the mhanks could offer him.

They have a running history of losing managers as soon as they start making demands for more resource to make real headway at CL level. They simply don't fund those requests and managers get sick of winning one-horse races for diddy leagues and cups.

Benitez wants to manage in the EPL, finish high up in that and get onto the European stage from there.

There's genuinely nothing the tims are able to offer that seems to meet anything like his ambitions and he's notorious for being very astute and detailed in how he goes about things, so I would doubt he would miss the fact they haven't backed any of their managers in recent times to the extent requried to take them up a level - even Rodgers.

Benitez has agreed terms on a new contract with Newcastle.

It was mental thinking he could go to them.

IT. WAS. NEVER. GOING. TO. BE. BENITEZ!

A female who I used to work with and now works at the piggery in marketing has said that Lennon is staying, but not as manager or involved with any day to day 1st team business.
She said that he will be heading up the scouting side of the operation.
Take what you wish from that but just passing on what she has said.

Chances of them losing the cup final and announcing Lennon anyway :p ? would be too funny to ever be true.

Now Rafa has been ruled out they are onto Eddie Howe :cool:

Last edited:
Only conceivable way that TLB gets it is if they bring in someone above him. That could indeed be Moyes.

By all accounts Moyes implemented a good structure at Everton, and some of the ideas he tried to bring in to United were well regarded within the club, particularly in relation to their player scouting. However, as a manager he was obviously way out of his depth, but he could have enough sway in a meeting with the scum board to convince them that he would be best appointed in a DoF role.

easy way for him to sleaze his way back into management as TLB will be gone by the new year and Moyes would be appointed in his place.

not too far a punt for all of the above to happen IMO.

I remember reading an excerpt from Rio Ferdinand's auto biography and one of the big things was the emphasise on defence. Obviously with Ferguson in the vast majority of games they were use to attacking and dominating, but when moyes came in they became far too focused on defending.

Is Benitez or Dyche that laughable? They threw a ridiculous wage at Rogers. I can’t think either of those two will be on much more.

Like you and @MearnsUnionist im hoping for Lennon or Moyes.
Was Rogers not on some sort of Gardening leave that stopped him taking another job in England ?
So, maybe they landed him because of a combo of that and a hefty wage. Celtic would need to double what Rogers got to land a Benitez surely.
Moyes seems more probable. Lemon would have had it by now. It all can hang on 1 cup final as the lever for him.

Was Rogers not on some sort of Gardening leave that stopped him taking another job in England ?
So, maybe they landed him because of a combo of that and a hefty wage. Celtic would need to double what Rogers got to land a Benitez surely.
Moyes seems more probable. Lemon would have had it by now. It all can hang on 1 cup final as the lever for him.
Apparently Benitez is looking for a transfer budget of £100m from Newcastle, excluding money raised from player sales, and he wants that guarantee written into his contract.

But yeah, he’s going to go to Celtic.

Apparently Benitez is looking for a transfer budget of £100m from Newcastle, excluding money raised from player sales, and he wants that guarantee written into his contract.

But yeah, he’s going to go to Celtic.

Not a chance he's going to the mentally challengeds, but the transfer budget comparison is irrelevant mate.

Benitez probably feels that is the minimum he needs to compete on a level playing field in the EPL.

However, nothing remotely close to that would be required up here to be outspending the rest of the league.

Doesn't matter anyway, as the scum options are Lennon or Moyes.

Back