Eamonn Brophy v Rangers January 2019

sonofbunk

Score his goal, runs off the pitch, gestures to the Rangers fans - no yellow card. There was probably very little condemnation from the media that he should have ‘celebrated in front of his own fans’.

The reason this sticks in my mind is because I said to my pals at the time ‘Alfie gets booked for that’. I think Alfie had been booked for going a mm off the pitch celebrating his winner at McDermid Park (I may be incorrect in the specifics there).

Im not annoyed that Alfie got the card, if that’s the rules then fine - but what is clear that it is not applied consistently and is whenever we complain (like with Brown) are dismissed as bedwetters all offended over nothing.

Last edited:
Score his goal, runs off the pitch, gestures to the Rangers fans - no yellow card. There was probably very little condemnation from the media that he should have ‘celebrated in front of his own fans’.

The reason this sticks in my mind is because I said to my pals at the time ‘Alfie gets booked for that’. I think Alfie had been booked for going a mm off the pitch celebrating his winner at McDermid Park (I may be incorrect in the specifics there).

Im not annoyed that Alfie got the card, if that’s the rules then fine - but what is clear that it is not applied consistently and is whenever we complain (like with Brown) are dismissed as hunks all offended over nothing.

Next visit to Rugby Park, Morelos was booked.

Bet you can't guess what for?

Im not annoyed that Alfie got the card, if that’s the rules then fine - but what is clear that it is not applied consistently and is whenever we complain (like with Brown) are dismissed as hunks all offended over nothing.

He didn’t even go off the park at St Johnstone, think Lafferty dragged him behind the line.

The corrupt scum in the middle are itching to book him every week

No where near as inflammatory though and no offensive gesture as such. No card.

Morelos was blatant today. Morelos noises up opposition fans regularly and gets away with it. He just made it too obvious today.

Let’s not forget the goals against us nothing was thrown at the players doing the celebration. was clear to see today several stuff being thrown at Alfredo.

That won’t be mentioned at all though.

Morelos was blatant today. Morelos noises up opposition fans regularly and gets away with it. He just made it too obvious today.

Last Sunday we had Sutton trying to rewrite history but labelling Alfie a driver.

Now we've got our own fans saying that Alfie regularly noises up opposition fans and gets "away with it".

I despair at times.

Celtic fan running right up to Rangers fans and cupping your ear is gesturing. The SPFL rule says gesturing OR any any of the things you mentioned above.

Whit fans ?, widden walls wi painted people on them.

With respect, can you elaborate on what you mean by he “gets away with it “.?

Last Sunday we had Sutton trying to rewrite history but labelling Alfie a driver.

Now we've got our own fans saying that Alfie regularly noises up opposition fans and gets "away with it".

I despair at times.

Just off the top of my head.. Heart's at Tyncastle. Shhhing Heart's fans, no card. Feyernoord away, shhing Feyenoord fans, no card. There's plenty more examples of him celebrating in front of opposition fans and not being booked. It's the way he went about it today, it was too obvious and made the 'up ye' gesture. Was always going to end with a second yellow.

Just off the top of my head.. Heart's at Tyncastle. Shhhing Heart's fans, no card. Feyernoord away, shhing Feyenoord fans, no card. There's plenty more examples of him celebrating in front of opposition fans and not being booked. It's the way he went about it today, it was too obvious and made the 'up ye' gesture. Was always going to end with a second yellow.
He shh'ed the fans? Fuck sake.

Call the cops.

Let’s not forget the goals against us nothing was thrown at the players doing the celebration. was clear to see today several stuff being thrown at Alfredo.

That won’t be mentioned at all though.

In the video the OP just posted there is clearly something thrown at Brophy.

"Shhing" fans is not a bookable offence so that's why he, as you put it, gets away with it.

There’s lot of differing arguments in this. And it’s causing a lot of confusion. First of all, going by the rule book, Morelos should be booked. And this issue with this is, that other players aren’t being held to the same rule. Secondly is people saying that Morelos gave it the GIRUY, which he didn’t. As another poster put in another thread, a picture shows him doing the same celebration to rangers fans. If he has been booked for making said gesture then the issue here is other players/managers doing the same with no punishment.

Smashed that team of hammer trrowers today, dominated them, and yet I'm still fuming about that decision against morelos and the double standards in our game. Shambles.

We need to compare like for like, which is a GIRUY gesture.

The same thing Brown was caught on video doing to our fans at the piggery.

So what punishment or condemnation did he get for it?

What? Why is everyone laughing? :rolleyes:

Brophy's isn't a bookable offence then. Folk need to make up their minds. Can't have it both ways.

I've not once mentioned Brophy.

The point the OP is trying to highlight is that we as team are refereed to a different standard, and especially Alfie.

This is just another example of our players getting booked for celebrating a goal.

You might not agree but theres no chance in hell that a Motherwell player gets red carded for that today, no chance.

All we ask for is consistency, as opposed to what we have now. What we have now is Rangers being refereed to a different standard to other teams.

We need to compare like for like, which is a GIRUY gesture.

The same thing Brown was caught on video doing to our fans at the piggery.

So what punishment or condemnation did he get for it?

What? Why is everyone laughing? :rolleyes:
This.
I can accept Alfie's card if I can see that this level of gesture is a yellow card for everyone else.
Clearly Brown and Lennon were not punished for the same offence, and we have the rest of the season to see if referees will be ready and willing to remain consistent.
Rangers have plenty of ammunition to show that we are being treated differently and keeping our powder dry can only be maintained for so long before we need to light a fuse.

I've not once mentioned Brophy.

The point the OP is trying to highlight is that we as team are refereed to a different standard, and especially Alfie.

This is just another example of our players getting booked for celebrating a goal.

You might not agree but theres no chance in hell that a Motherwell player gets red carded for that today, no chance.

I'm sure someone got sent off last season for gesturing at fans, can't remember who or the teams involved.

If folk were providing evidence of similar incidents the argument would hold more water. At the moment it looks like folk are peddling a false narrative.

The Brown incident at the piggery is the closest resemblance but with quite clear differences and not truly comparable.

A gesture is a gesture and Morelos has done that on a few occassions - not at the away support.

I'm sure someone got sent off last season for gesturing at fans, can't remember who or the teams involved.

If folk were providing evidence of similar incidents the argument would hold more water. At the moment it looks like folk are peddling a false narrative.

The Brown incident at the piggery is the closest resemblance but with quite clear differences and not truly comparable.
Explain the difference?

You never addressed the point I made earlier. The SPFL rules are on gestures OR doing something offensive. Whilst Brophy isn’t offensive it is a gesture at opposition fans, therefore it is a booking - but only if you play for Rangers.

To further hammer the point home. Alfie shooshing fans isn’t offensive - but he was booked for it last year.

You're an absolute ballbag. How you haven't been called out before now is incredible. Objectivity requires a semblance of reasoning and intelligence. You're just a dick for the sake of it.

But still the club say nothing.
But they do when a Director’s son is mentioned dealing with a drunk.

If not the club, club 1872? I wonder if conversations have been had with SG about tackling an issue like this.

If we can put this evidence together, someone with influence can.

I don’t think many of us are arguing with the second yellow it’s the inconsistency with officials that’s been questioned.
The shhing thing happens on a regular basis at football grounds around nearly every football stadium and goes unpunished . He gets a lot of unwanted abuse from the majority of opposition fans in this country so putting his finger to his lips shouldn’t lead to a yellow card..We’ve seen it at Ibrox umpteen times when the opposition score and no action is taken... So all we’re looking for is consistency.

Im not annoyed that Alfie got the card, if that’s the rules then fine - but what is clear that it is not applied consistently and is whenever we complain (like with Brown) are dismissed as bedwetters all offended over nothing.

I have it on very good authority that it is at the referee discretion if it is a booking

1 that still annoys me is when he slid on his knees against st johnstone after scoring in 88th min last season, never left pitch, booked

Back