Eamonn Brophy v Rangers January 2019

A gesture is a gesture and Morelos has done that on a few occassions - not at the away support.

Not sure what you're getting at here. It was a clear yellow card offence.

Explain the difference?

The Brown incident was after full time and the referee did not see it.

You never addressed the point I made earlier. The SPFL rules are on gestures OR doing something offensive. Whilst Brophy isn’t offensive it is a gesture at opposition fans, therefore it is a booking - but only if you play for Rangers.

To further hammer the point home. Alfie shooshing fans isn’t offensive - but he was booked for it last year.

Morelos has gestured at opposition fans plenty of times this season and has not received a booking. So is it a bookable offence or not?

You're an absolute ballbag. How you haven't been called out before now is incredible. Objectivity requires a semblance of reasoning and intelligence. You're just a dick for the sake of it.

I'm merely calling it how it is.

Objective my Ball bag, captain.

What is it you disagree with?

Bollocks.

So are you suggesting it was the correct decision to let Brophy off? There's a lot of conflicting views here. Again, we can't have it both ways.

I don’t think many of us are arguing with the second yellow it’s the inconsistency with officials that’s been questioned.
The shhing thing happens on a regular basis at football grounds around nearly every football stadium and goes unpunished . He gets a lot of unwanted abuse from the majority of opposition fans in this country so putting his finger to his lips shouldn’t lead to a yellow card..We’ve seen it at Ibrox umpteen times when the opposition score and no action is taken... So all we’re looking for is consistency.

I agree it shouldn't be deemed a yellow card offence. In all honestly if I had anything to do with the rules I'd be fine with what Morelos did today. The abuse players receive is out of order so they should be fair game to get it right up opposition fans when they score. They are big enough to give it out so should be prepared to receive it back.

No where near as inflammatory though and no offensive gesture as such. No card.

Morelos was blatant today. Morelos noises up opposition fans regularly and gets away with it. He just made it too obvious today.
Away you go. No more blatant than other players against us. The fact is we are reffed to different standards. Halliday? Was that blatant? Candieas? Basically did %^*& all. Brown and thumbheid can blatantly gesture to the full Govan stand and get away with it. Double standards.

Utter, utter shite

Terrible argument. What is it you disagree with?

Away you go. No more blatant than other players against us. The fact is we are reffed to different standards. Halliday? Was that blatant? Candieas? Basically did %^*& all. Brown and thumbheid can blatantly gesture to the full Govan stand and get away with it. Double standards.

Morelos gets away with gesturing to opposition fans A LOT more than he gets punished for it. That is a fact. People keep going on about Brown and Thumheid at Ibrox but have yet to supply any video evidence backing it up. I personally don't remember either of them gesturing towards the Govan stand with a 'get it up ye'. I have not missed an Old Firm game at Ibrox since 2007 and sit in Govan Rear.

You for real?

Absolutely. You would have to be delusional to deny it.

Gets away with it, eh? With friends like you.

He winds up opposition fans regularly after scoring and has escaped a booking more often than not. The up ye gesture was just too much and too blatant. If he cupped ears or shhhed from distance he would have been fine.

See to be honest. His gesture is a yellow card today.

There's certainly an issue over consistency though which will be interesting to keep an eye on.
No need to keep an eye on it there is photographic evidence from all over the place to prove others get away with it.

Have watched yesterday’s highlights and there is very little aggressive about Buff’s celebration. So if there’s an argument that gesturing to opposing fans is a bookable offence, then show us the consistency.

Forget about Brown’s behaviour last year or Lennon when manager of Hibs as if they’re not compelling enough and have a look at virtually any significant goal scored against us in Scotland and you’ll see ear-cupping and “get it up you”’s galore.....don’t remember too many bookings!

I'm sure someone got sent off last season for gesturing at fans, can't remember who or the teams involved.

If folk were providing evidence of similar incidents the argument would hold more water. At the moment it looks like folk are peddling a false narrative.

The Brown incident at the piggery is the closest resemblance but with quite clear differences and not truly comparable.
I've posted already.
Morelos in our next visit to Rugby Park.

Why was he booked when the previous fixture there told him players are allowed to leave the pitch, gesture to opposition fans and celebrate in front of them?

Back