Early examples of Dembele Dollars?

Mikey Johnston or whoever he is they are or were stating as amazing - gone quiet since no show against us

Celtic player fees are determined using the same calculator that determined their attendance in Seville

Was the Mexican boy Juarez not linked with a multi million pound deal with someone before people realized he was honking and was paid off or let go?

Again, you might actually see Dembele move for Dembele dollars this summer - regardless of what we say, he is right on track to be a top striker.

I’ll believe it when I see it. His goal scoring return has been OK since he signed for Lyon. This season he has scored about a goal every second game, a bit below that if you take away his usual penalties.
Importantly, he has scored zero out of 6 games in Europe for Lyon this season. He scored 1 in 6 last season in Europe and again and had a goal less than every two games.
There is no doubt he is not a decent player, but he definitely has a lot of uncalled for hype around him. There is a reason he is nearly 24 and hasn’t got a full France cap.
Saying that, I would not be surprised if a team like Man Utd or Arsenal spunked money on him as his “good but not great” level would suit their current status perfectly.

Thing is when you have to listen to that lot, they actually believe its the Scottish press who are trying to unsettle their players by saying a team is in for them with a big money move..

Mcstay also to. I'm sure there was not one bid for him.

Can't remember his value, but he was bummed up severely. ( May be the wrong phrase, probably not. ) :))
In his teens he had the potential to go to the very top. Fortunately he never improved from 21 onwards. He remained a top player in Scotland but no more than that

You have to laugh, the Tims warning top clubs off, next thing you know these guys are bench warmers at Brechin or Montrose.

In his teens he had the potential to go to the very top. Fortunately he never improved from 21 onwards. He remained a top player in Scotland but no more than that

Just read some stuff about him. Was called The Meastro. Wouldn't go that far tbh.

Media in a frenzy pulling the heed off it.

Mcstay also to. I'm sure there was not one bid for him.

Can't remember his value, but he was bummed up severely. ( May be the wrong phrase, probably not. ) :))

you can’t get any more embarrassing than throwing your jersey to the fans, waving goodbye and then finding out nobody wants you.

he had potential though.

Remember years back reading spurs, united and I think it was Inter Milan and AC Milan were all fighting over the signature of lego eater. Must have been the time Thommo was making him look like a Sunday league footballer and the mhedia wanted to be rid.

Mcstay made a big deal about leaving them, emotional last match at park head tears streaming down his face, threw his boots to the jungle and greeting like a big lassie as he said goodbye for one last time.

Start of next season the bold maestro rocks back up cause not one club was interested in him
Paul Mcstayed lol

One that always stands out for me was the other way round when they were reportedly going to sign Rivaldo ! The Rhecord (I'm sure) had a mock-up of Rivaldo wearing their mhanky strip as well. Bunch of fannies.

My fear is Man U will come in for Morelos as they need a great striker as Rachford is out for weeks we now have our own players that’s worth millions n the mancky mob know this and there terrified

There was also the curious case of the Donati Dollars. Where he was £5.5million AC Milan ace when he signed. Then £3million signing a few months down the line when it was apparent he was dung. And then a £1million signing by the end. Scottish media, happy to oblige and change the transfer fee as instructed!

And ended up at Hamilton ffs :D

This thread gives, gives and gives again. The mhedia nonsense re filthy rhat players has been going on since before our 9IAR. This thread gives me great joy.some blasts from the past I'd so forgotten about.

Not a dembele dollar but always think of the African defender signed by strachan who claimed to listen to every Celtic game he could on the bbc world service in his wooden hut growing up is a classic.

The Korean midfielder they sold to Swansea for “£8 million” only for Swansea to break their record transfer 3 days later for £5.75milloon.

Back