Early examples of Dembele Dollars?

They had Beram Kayal and Emilio Izaguirre going to Man Utd for 10m each before the ink was dry on their passport stamps after rolling up at the San Giro.

My own personal favourite - Mo Bangura.
2 players at the Swedish club they bought him from. One was a goal scorer the other, well ended up at The Rhats.
Story being they bought the wrong one
That guy is only 30 and in the 3rd tier in Sweden now. Not exactly ripping it up either, 2 goals in 13 games.
"Bangura is a very talented, skilful player and I think he will be the next Henry Larsson at Celtic," said his agent Patrick Mork as he signed for Celtic.
Bangers himself said, "To come to Celtic gives me a good feeling because it's another step in my career. I have to work to get to the top. I'm talking about the Spanish league, the English league or maybe the Italian league. If I can do my best here with Celtic then I will see what the future holds. If possible, I could make the next step in one year - if everything goes well and the club is willing, why not?"

bullshit
we wanted collins from hibs but his family wouldnt talk to him if he signed for us
I've heard the Collins story as well from the horses mouth.

The McStay one was definitely spoken about though, as I said I couldn't find a DR link too but was definitely interest.

Messi refusing to sign a contract extension unless Barcelona signed Dembele for £40 million is still a favourite.

As is this...

Arsenal eye Juarez after four games

Removed link to the Sun.

Returned to South America exactly one yr later :D

Back